Week 1 Down...

• Pros:

I've completed one week on MRC and people have already started asking me if I'm losing weight!!! I'm incredibly happy that the results are already showing. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm finding myself focusing more on the smaller goals. As of this morning, by my scale, I'm down 9 pounds! I'm really looking forward to seeing 215 and 210 on the scale. I haven't seen them in so long that it's killing me.

This place makes it so easy to talk about my weight battles. I don't usually go around blurting out my weight to random people, but I feel at home here.

I'm ready to add exercise to my routine. I wanted to see how my body would handle the reduced calorie intake first. I just don't want to hit that point where my body's used to me eating less and I hit a plateau. I'm gonna talk to my counselor tomorrow and do my official weigh-in with her. I'll ask her what I can do.

Cons:

Not so much eating less, but being restricted in my choices. There almost seems to be no room for error and the choices that are offered by MRC are not all that appealing. Saturday, I ended up being stuck away from home and had none of the options that I'm allowed. I worry all of the time about getting tired of the same things before my program is up. I know part of my problem was my enjoyment of food, but now I almost dread some of the necessities.

Any suggestions?
  • Take a look at the recipe thread and look up diabetic recipes and atkins friendly recipes and paleo recipes as they can be tweeked to fit the MRC program. And if they menu they put you on doesn't work for you, tell them so! I did and they switched me to another one and it works so much better for me.

That being said, the only thing I like out of my breakfast options are eggs and I'm getting super tired of eating eggs every dang morning.
  • Quote: Take a look at the recipe thread and look up diabetic recipes and atkins friendly recipes and paleo recipes as they can be tweeked to fit the MRC program. And if they menu they put you on doesn't work for you, tell them so! I did and they switched me to another one and it works so much better for me.

That being said, the only thing I like out of my breakfast options are eggs and I'm getting super tired of eating eggs every dang morning.
    Thanks Corisimo! I'm gonna have a good chat with my counselor about my foods. I'm not on a menu. I'm on the very restricted calorie intake program. They didn't give me any menus. They just gave me food journals and a list of the different calorie amounts in their products and fruits, veggies, and proteins that I'm allowed to eat. I'm not really sure right now how this is supposed to work. My sessions, thus far, have been kind of rushed, due to my schedule. I'll have time tomorrow, though. Hopefully, I'm able to get complete clarification. Then I might be able to spice up my meals!