Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #1  
Determined to get my life

S/C/G: 318.5/305.8/165

Height: 5'8.5"

Default plateau?

Anyone ever experience s plateau after the first week using hns? Since Monday I have actually gained a pound and a half. Went back over my eating log and everything looks good. I sm drinking 124 oz of water since they say for every 25 pounds over drink 8 more ounces over your original 64 oz. I don't cheat...I am to focused on weight loss. I don't want to get discourage....after such an awesome week of precon...snd stsrting the program...I would have never imagined 11.5 pounds.
I havrnt started any excercise yet. I was actually thinking march 1 walking on treadmill...climbing and the light redistsnce with bands.

I am eating everything and weighing it sll out. ..still s lot of food for me.
georgiaod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

georgiaod - it's perfectly normal to plataeu and even gain small amounts of weight, in fact in class my center said it's actually healthier to have these rather than straight loss. Also, not sure if you are weighing at home but my center prefers no home weighing because the scales can be very different. I still weigh at home for my piece of mind BUT I take it with a grain of salt and only use weighing at the center for my 'true' weight.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #3  

It's really hard not weighing yourself! I know my scale is only .2 lbs different. But how do you account for water retention? I just started my period...by the way which is not normal for me. I have always been irregular even when I was skinny. I feel bloated and well just blah. I will weigh Friday....see what happens..but with it being Wednesday now and still a gain...I foresee Friday as a gain...boo
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

TOM does all sorts of strange things on the scale. In addition, being on TOM been messed up the body composition- they usually have to wait until after it's ended to get a good accurate read on body fat.

I didn't stall after the first week, but I did the second week- and mostly it was just my fat cells filling up with water. My body fat percentage was down.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #5  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaod View Post
It's really hard not weighing yourself! I know my scale is only .2 lbs different. But how do you account for water retention? I just started my period...by the way which is not normal for me. I have always been irregular even when I was skinny. I feel bloated and well just blah. I will weigh Friday....see what happens..but with it being Wednesday now and still a gain...I foresee Friday as a gain...boo
I wouldn't worry too much, I've actually not lost any or gained and then two days later will lose some or alot just because of water weight. You will see results if you stick with it, if you get discouraged and cheat then you probably wont. I remember in the beginning sometimes I'd only lose like a half a pound in a week but then if I stuck with it the next week I'd lose like 5 or so to make up for the week before that. I bet your period probably is making you retain water and in a couple days it will probably be back to normal. Don't fret!Remember, stressing can hinder your weight loss
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #6  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Oh yeah, my counselor also told me that if you feel like you are retaining water try to pick things on your menu that have less sodium. For example, whenever I feel like I am retaining water I pick eggs over cottage cheese in the morning because cottage cheese has more sodium. I remember in the beginning I hated making eggs because I never was a breakfast person and cottage cheese was fast so I ate it every morning and was retaining more water. I decided to make hard boiled eggs and only eat cott. ch. every once in a while in the AM and seen a diff. right away in the water I was retaining.
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #7  

Dkdaisybutters- thanks so much for the input...I haven't cheated I have pretty good will power...but you know its just well...you know. Hopefully I can get into the center on Friday..maybe I will go in the morning. Since schools have been cancelled and I'm a teacher.
Its funny you mentioned the sodium..I will have to look at things. Ive been eating boiled eggs in the morning...today though I actually had cottage cheese.

Lunarsongbird- so what happened the following week for you?
Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #8  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaod View Post
Lunarsongbird- so what happened the following week for you?
I dropped 4 pounds.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #9  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Looking at your s/c/g weight chart you lost 11 1/2 lbs the first week. WOW!! Maybe your body is adjusting itself for the smaller you. When TOM is gone, I bet those scales drop like a lead brick. Keep the faith!

Note* I was told by a doc many years ago while on Atkins is that I should only drink 100 oz of H2O per day. At 246 lbs, he said still drink 100 oz and I lost 86 lbs in 9 months so I tend to believe what he said.

Last edited by firegirl441; 02-26-2013 at 11:27 PM.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote