Non-Scale Victories

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Let's use this thread to encourage one another when the scale doesn't seem to budge. There is so much to be thankful for and encouraged about when we are making healthy lifestyle choices and the scale doesn't always reflect that.

See the attached graphic I found on the MRC Facebook page for some inspiration!

• Thank you for this Going4Fit, I needed it...still in my funk slightly so it's great for encouragement!
  • Thanks for the motivation Going4Fit. I lost weight the first 2 weeks with MRC. I have been exercising - boot camp, running, walking 5x's/week, journaling, drinking the water (although this is my weakness - sometimes a little less than 8), eating what I should. I plateud 2 weeks ago on green. I started Metaquick 2 days ago. I actually went up 1.5 lbs after starting Metaquick and doing it perfectly. I am wondering: Cortisol??? Going into Menopause???
  • Here's a non-scale victory that I love...being able to cross my legs!!! It's awesome!!
  • Quote: Here's a non-scale victory that I love...being able to cross my legs!!! It's awesome!!
    Oh my god you are so right!!I never used to be able to and now I do it all the timeeeee!Yay us!!
  • I look forward to being able to cross my legs. I use to all the time...now it's always just cross the ankles or sit with my legs to the side of my.
  • NSV
    My DH hugged me and picked me up! He said that's not something he's been able to do for a longtime!
    Sometimes we forget how much are weight gain effects are loved ones.
    My losing weight has given my husband his old wife, he use to scoop me up in his arms and carry me off to bed.
    So that carry free playful part of myself I walled off from my husband.. Because of weight gain
    I no longer will safely hide behind the mom role ,daughter role as a caretaker , I will embrace the old me that I thought was long gone...She's Back and ready for Fun!
    Roo2
  • That's pretty cool Roo2!!

Here's another NSV...being able to wear a size medium in the Misses Dept instead of a ugly size 4x from the Womens Dept.

It's been very rewarding to go clothes shopping!! I use to avoid it like the plague!!!
  • Keylani what sort of workouts did you do in the beginning?
  • I don't work out very much to be honest...but I don't sit unless I'm at work. If I do exercise, it's only cardio...which consists of a short walk or riding my bike. I have a indoor and outdoor bike. Sometimes I sit on a workout ball instead of the couch when I watch TV. When I ride my bikes...it's not more than 10 miles or so.
  • I can curl up on a chair with my kiddos next to me now, instead of in my lap, since my booty doesn't take up the whole seat. Love it.
  • I can button the outer most button on my sweater jacket today...it felt like I was on top of the world. I've never been able to do that, not even when I bought it!
  • Loos jeans! Loose jeans! Loose jeans!!!
  • What a great thread idea!
  • Am a newbie going through old posts. this is a fantastic thread and great motivation. I think it has me motivated even more than looking at some of the weight loss stuff. To be able to wear the jeans I want instead of the stretchy stuff is something I sooo look forward to. Thank you for all of your inspiration!!!