Old 02-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Default Scale vs. Inches

Hi everyone,

Well, since December 21, 2012 I've only lost 10lbs. My loss really slowed down from my average 20lbs a month. It's never bothered me because I figured that the smaller I get the slower it will come off. Now, here's the nice reward for sticking with it. The center took my measurements on 12/21/12 and my total inches lost at that time was 61"... On Friday, 2/8/13 they took my measurements and I've lost 41 inches with that 10lbs. Now my grand total of inches lost is 102.25" Very rewarding!!!!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #2  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

That is GREAT!!I have noticed that there are times when my body will do this too and it gets you bummed when you see the scale but then to see more inches come off is awesome. Keep up the good work!
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #3  
Determined to get my life

S/C/G: 318.5/305.8/165

Height: 5'8.5"

That's awesome!! I look forward to the same results. Can I ask do you take all their supplements ? Mr6, cotri trim and phenatrim?
georgiaod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaod View Post
That's awesome!! I look forward to the same results. Can I ask do you take all their supplements ? Mr6, cotri trim and phenatrim?
Hi, yes I take almost all of their supplements.

Here's the ones I take daily from the center:

HNS
Corti trim
MRC-6
Multi-vitamin
Mineral
MSM
CoQ-10
Enhancer
Calcium
D-3
B6
B12
Fruit and Veggie Powder
Glucose (sp)

Additional items I take daily (not from center)

Biotin
Biosil (liquid)
Vitamin E
Vitamin C
Cocoa Powder
1 tsp - Ceylon Cinnamon
Prenatal Vitamin
1 tbsp - Raw Honey (from local bee keeper)

Last edited by Keylani; 02-11-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #5  
Determined to get my life

S/C/G: 318.5/305.8/165

Height: 5'8.5"

Msm what is that ? Why are you taking glucose? That is a sugar?
georgiaod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaod View Post
Msm what is that ? Why are you taking glucose? That is a sugar?
MSM = Methylsulphonylmethane

It helps the elastic in your skin...You can also find this at Walmart for cheaper.
It's a natural form of organic sulfur. This natural compound provides the chemical links needed to form and maintain numerous different types of tissues found in the human body, including connective tissue such as articular cartilage. While MSM is a natural component of almost all fresh fruits, vegetables, seafood and meat, food-processing methods reduce sulfur levels, making supplementation more important than ever.

The glucose pills help with sugar cravings. I can't remember the name on the bottle.

Last edited by Keylani; 02-11-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #7  

Awesome progress, Keylani!! So many inches lost!

I am at the point in my weightloss where I want a few inches to come off here or there so I can wear things in my closet! I wish we could pinpoint where we want them from! My scale is still moving so I am sure it's just a matter of the inches catching up.

Your posts are always so inspiring to me, thanks for posting the info that you do!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
Awesome progress, Keylani!! So many inches lost!

I am at the point in my weightloss where I want a few inches to come off here or there so I can wear things in my closet! I wish we could pinpoint where we want them from! My scale is still moving so I am sure it's just a matter of the inches catching up.

Your posts are always so inspiring to me, thanks for posting the info that you do!
Thank you! That would be awesome to be able to pinpoint! I would pick hips, booty, and gut...poof gone!! hahaha
Old 02-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #9  

I found this about the MSM...it may help explain it better. I've taken it since day one on my plan. I can say that my skin looks a lot better than I imagined it would with this amount of weightloss.

MSM Supports Multiple Structures and Functions in the Body.

Allergies:
MSM is said to help fortify the body's natural barriers against allergens. Oral MSM helps in the alleviation of allergic response to pollen and foods. Sulphur plays a major role in detoxification and elimination of free radicals. It also assists the integrity of the mucous membrane tissues.

Respiratory System:
MSM helps strengthen the lungs, possibly regulating the fluid that covers the surface of the airways. It may provide relief from the symptoms of lung dysfunction by the plasticizing effect on the membranous surface of the lung involved in gas exchange.

Carbohydrate Metabolism:
Sulphur is needed to produce insulin and other vital components that contribute to healthy carbohydrate metabolism. MSM helps make the cells more permeable allowing them to absorb blood sugar. Alpha Lipoic Acid, a sulphur containing compound, plays a role in the generation of energy and in glucose balance.

Hair, Skin and Nails:
Sulphur is necessary for the production of collagen and keratin These proteins are essential for the health and maintenance of hair, skin and nails. Collagen binds the structures of skin together while keratin is the primary component in hair, nails, skin and tooth enamel. MSM enhances tissue pliability and encourages repair of damaged skin.

Gastro - intestinal:
MSM helps promote good digestive and absorption of nutrients. It helps us to utilize the food we eat. Sulphur-bearing vitamins such as thiamine prevent constipation and biotin, another B vitamin, helps to metabolize and digest starches, fats and proteins.

Bones, Joints and Ligament's:
Sulphur is critical in the formation of collagen and glucosamine- which are vital components for healthy bones, joints, ligaments and tendons. Sulphur also makes cells more permeable, allowing nutrients and fluids to flow freely through the cells and remove toxins; ultimately reducing pain and inflammation.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylani View Post
I found this about the MSM...it may help explain it better. I've taken it since day one on my plan. I can say that my skin looks a lot better than I imagined it would with this amount of weightloss.

MSM Supports Multiple Structures and Functions in the Body.

Allergies:
MSM is said to help fortify the body's natural barriers against allergens. Oral MSM helps in the alleviation of allergic response to pollen and foods. Sulphur plays a major role in detoxification and elimination of free radicals. It also assists the integrity of the mucous membrane tissues.

Respiratory System:
MSM helps strengthen the lungs, possibly regulating the fluid that covers the surface of the airways. It may provide relief from the symptoms of lung dysfunction by the plasticizing effect on the membranous surface of the lung involved in gas exchange.

Carbohydrate Metabolism:
Sulphur is needed to produce insulin and other vital components that contribute to healthy carbohydrate metabolism. MSM helps make the cells more permeable allowing them to absorb blood sugar. Alpha Lipoic Acid, a sulphur containing compound, plays a role in the generation of energy and in glucose balance.

Hair, Skin and Nails:
Sulphur is necessary for the production of collagen and keratin These proteins are essential for the health and maintenance of hair, skin and nails. Collagen binds the structures of skin together while keratin is the primary component in hair, nails, skin and tooth enamel. MSM enhances tissue pliability and encourages repair of damaged skin.

Gastro - intestinal:
MSM helps promote good digestive and absorption of nutrients. It helps us to utilize the food we eat. Sulphur-bearing vitamins such as thiamine prevent constipation and biotin, another B vitamin, helps to metabolize and digest starches, fats and proteins.

Bones, Joints and Ligament's:
Sulphur is critical in the formation of collagen and glucosamine- which are vital components for healthy bones, joints, ligaments and tendons. Sulphur also makes cells more permeable, allowing nutrients and fluids to flow freely through the cells and remove toxins; ultimately reducing pain and inflammation.
Wow awesome information: I wish i would have known this about the MSM and the elasticity for your skin, my skin is really loose on my arms that when i bend over it looks like a 80 yr olds skin, so wrinkly. I wonder if i start taking it now if it would help?
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

Unhappy

I'm getting kind of discouraged with my weight loss. I see all these other post that have lost a lot more than I have. My weight loss so far is 21.4 lbs and lost 48 inches, but I have been on this diet since November 1. I don't know what I'm doing wrong? Please help or give me some pointers. I really stick to the diet, no cheating. Thanks in advance for the help.
Lulu64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #12  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu64 View Post
I'm getting kind of discouraged with my weight loss. I see all these other post that have lost a lot more than I have. My weight loss so far is 21.4 lbs and lost 48 inches, but I have been on this diet since November 1. I don't know what I'm doing wrong? Please help or give me some pointers. I really stick to the diet, no cheating. Thanks in advance for the help.
First of all, 48 inches from a 21 pound loss is amazing. Are you kidding me?

Secondly, there are plenty of people who post on here, including myself, that don't get the really fast weight loss that others seem to get. Your weight loss journey is your own and it just doesn't do any good to compare yourself to others, even if they are on the same program. It really doesn't. Trust me, I know it's frustrating! But keep in mind the powerful affect our thoughts and emotions can have on our physicality and resolve to not let it get to you.

Third - if you want a boost I recommend trying the MetaQuick. It's a week of meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch along with the HNS's and your regular allowed dinners. It gave me a break from cooking and since I chose only the chocolate shakes I called it my week of chocolate. Yummy.

Good luck!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

Smile

Thanks so much. The encouragement means a lot to me. /the chocolate week sounds great to me. I'm a chocaholic, so anything chocolate sounds great to me. Thanks for the advice, I'm working on my attitude. My husband is on this with me and he is doing awesome. I know I can't compare myself to him, he has more muscle mass than I.
Lulu64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #14  

Skelley
Hi, I don't think it's to late to start the MSM. You can also find it at Walmart. I'm not really sure if that's what has helped me or the other supplements I take. Like I believe the CortiTrim is why my belly fat really shrunk...good luck with it. I hope it helps you!

Lulu64
Keep your chin up. Like Going4fit said, you can't compare yourself with others. Here's an example of why I say that...you should remember that when your not as morbidly obsese as I was you lose it slower. I started at 340lbs...so I will lose it way faster with the huge change of my eating habits. I was eating approx. 20,000 calories a day, over 600 carbs and over 250 grams of fat! Now that I've gotten closer to 200lbs the speed of my weight loss has been cut in half. I just keep truckin along. We will get there when our bodies allow us...it took me 14 years to put it on...thank goodness it won't take that long to take it off hahahaha!
Old 02-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #15  
marcia

S/C/G: 254/233.5/180

Height: 5'5"

you are such an inspiration. I have been on Metabolic for one month and right at 13 pounds.. kinda slow for me.. but i am in a CAM walker for a foot fracture and sedentary. i am confused on what to take.. Taking MrC-6, cortitrim and phentatrim. What is "all day weight loss" ?
marciacricket is offline   Reply With Quote