Old 02-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #16  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylani View Post
Skelley
Hi, I don't think it's to late to start the MSM. You can also find it at Walmart. I'm not really sure if that's what has helped me or the other supplements I take. Like I believe the CortiTrim is why my belly fat really shrunk...good luck with it. I hope it helps you!

Lulu64
Keep your chin up. Like Going4fit said, you can't compare yourself with others. Here's an example of why I say that...you should remember that when your not as morbidly obsese as I was you lose it slower. I started at 340lbs...so I will lose it way faster with the huge change of my eating habits. I was eating approx. 20,000 calories a day, over 600 carbs and over 250 grams of fat! Now that I've gotten closer to 200lbs the speed of my weight loss has been cut in half. I just keep truckin along. We will get there when our bodies allow us...it took me 14 years to put it on...thank goodness it won't take that long to take it off hahahaha!
Thanks going4fit: I spoke with my counselor about it wednesday and she told me that it's more for joints than skin, yes it helps with the skin elasticity but it won't tighten up my loose skin.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

holy cow, that is amazing!!!!
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Thanks going4fit: I spoke with my counselor about it wednesday and she told me that it's more for joints than skin, yes it helps with the skin elasticity but it won't tighten up my loose skin.
Skelley
awww, that stinks! I'm plan to start heavy weight training in March...it should help, will let ya know.

anjy99,marciacricket
Thank you very much!!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #19  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I'm sure this was just an accident crediting me for this, but for the record I don't take MSM - it's Keylani that brought it up. I did mention saggy skin once to a counselor and she tried to sell me on MSM but my research didn't show anybody taking it for that - mostly for joint pain/allergies. And only one study ever done on it that I can find. The center does say all the fish oil that's required is to help with elasticity too.

I'm sure everyone is aware but your age has a huge affect on the elasticity of your skin. The younger you are, the more likely your skin will tighten up as you lose. Those of you who have reached menopause are going to have far less elasticity and your skin can become saggy even without weight loss. It just is what it is.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote