Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 AM   #1  
Determined to get my life

S/C/G: 318.5/305.8/165

Height: 5'8.5"

Default New to MRC and 3 fat chicks

Hi..new to both of these things. I have researched MRC...man that was a lot of work! It's hard to put into words what I am going through and dealing with on a personal level. I just know its time to start putting myself first. I am married to a man who can be wonderful and who can be down right verbally hurtful. I am not saying what he does is right, but in someways I understand. I am not happy with myself...so I am working on changing myself.
I am a military wife...well was he just retired..I am a teacher. With all the moving around..I don't have family near us at all and I am friendless here. I ave two kids that I live for everyday. I want to be here for them and I want to make them proud. But mostly I want to make myself proud.
Can anyone tell me about MRC and their success? Alternatives to some of their expensive items. I am officially starting conditioning tomorrow...
georgiaod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi georgiaod

For me, this site and MRC have been wonderful and so helpful with support, suggestions, ideas, recipes and weight loss. Whatever our reasons, it's great to see others going through, doing and sharing what I am experiencing too.

I started MRC on January 2, 2013 and as of yesterday I have lost 14.5 lbs so this program does work. The affirmation that is working for me this week is.... I am becoming the ME I want to be!

I'm glad you are here and I look forward to working this journey together.
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I started in JUne of 2012 and met my goal in October. I have since lost another 8-10 lbs, depending on the day. I stick pretty close to the green menu, but don't deprive myself of much, having a reasonable portion of something not on the menu. Portion control was my problem pre-MRC and now I know that I must stick to the recommended portions. I didn't purchase the vitamins and supplements, only the HNS drinks and puddings. My husband was out of work and I couldn't justify spending the additional funds. I did purchase some Syntrax drinks when they had a special offer. I went to the gym almost every day only working out for 30 minutes. best of luck to you! This program does work!
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #4  

Work in progress - thanks for the reply. It's just been really hard not having family and friends around. Are you taking supplements? My food meeting is on Friday. I have heard so much about different eating plans...what are you on?

Raw quilts- my biggest problem has been not eating enough. I eat pretty healthy, but no where enough. I am discovering that I have food allergies too
Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 171/168

Height: 5'4''

Just wondering about phentermine. I have been taking this while on MRC and understand the effects only last for awhile. Then what????
mamamia77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Mamamia77 - that's why I didn't take the supplements. I wanted to learn to do this myself and not have to rely on taking something the rest of my life. But, that's just my opinion.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #7  

georgiaod - I'm on the beige menu and I currently take the following...

From the center
All Day Weight Loss (ADWL) x 2 per meal & bedtime
Krill Oil x 1
Total Women Oil x 3
5 HNS per day

On my own
Multi vitamen x 1

When I started I also used Corti Trim and MR 6 but they made me feel bloated so I didn't renew those this month.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #8  

Work in progress..
I cant take the mr6...what is all day weight loss?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #9  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

I started in May 2012 and met two of my goals and keep going toward 145 which is my own goal and I will see how I feel when I get there. I used to do the beige menu but now that I am under 200 I am on the green one. I take the mutivitamin they have and I used to take the flaxseed oil. Recently I changed my oil to the krill oil because they said that if I change the oil it will give me a boost in metabolism. I didn't used to take any supplements except those two because my person I go to said that I didn't need any of them and she was right. Now that I got closer to my goal she suggested cortitrim because that helps with belly fat. I have noticed the inches in my stomach have gone off faster than before. I am glad I didn't take any supplements in the beginning because I lost weight just like everyone else and I saved the money too. I have ordered off of americanbariatrics.org before to save some money but I always compare it to metabolic products before I buy something. As far as exercising I never did at all in the beginning and I am just now beginning to go about 3 times a week. I should have started doing it sooner but I still saw good weight loss with 3 or more lbs a week so I was ok with not going. I should have just gotten into the habit back then.
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #10  

Dkdaisybutter-

That information helps a lot. I am a teacher and I don't have a lot of money for the extras...I already have a good multi vitamin and take b6...I take flax oil. I think my husband does krill, not. But I fidnt think there wad a difference. Good to note. I am taking cortitrim...my counselor tried to sell me everything...kind of like what yours said. I think I will only use what I have...and try out with only what I already take.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #11  
I can do this!

S/C/G: 242.5/137.5/145

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiaod View Post
Dkdaisybutter-

That information helps a lot. I am a teacher and I don't have a lot of money for the extras...I already have a good multi vitamin and take b6...I take flax oil. I think my husband does krill, not. But I fidnt think there wad a difference. Good to note. I am taking cortitrim...my counselor tried to sell me everything...kind of like what yours said. I think I will only use what I have...and try out with only what I already take.
I don't think there is really a difference but I don't know, they just said since they are different oils that it would boost the metabolism to switch it up. So you could start one and then later for a metabolism boost switch to another if you wanted.
dkdaisybutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #12  

The All Day Weight Loss (ADWL) is a thermogenic, it's part of my 'contract' with the center. I am to use ADWL and at least 3 HNS per day for my weight loss.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #13  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
The All Day Weight Loss (ADWL) is a thermogenic, it's part of my 'contract' with the center. I am to use ADWL and at least 3 HNS per day for my weight loss.
Oh wow, my center had the hormone test as part of my contract and the HNS drinks but no supplements.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Oh wow, my center had the hormone test as part of my contract and the HNS drinks but no supplements.
Yes, the hormone test was included in mine too. I have to say I don't really care for the hormone test. In my opinion, I find it too convenient that the 3 things I marked as a concern in the questionnaire (belly fat, menopausal, lack of energy) just happened to be the 3 things that came back low on my hormone testing to which it was offered that if I used the hormone cream would assist in correcting the imbalance and may increase weight loss.

Also, I see my physician yearly for blood work due to family histories and in Oct 2012 all the items came back normal or within range for age.

Again, just my opinion.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #15  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
Yes, the hormone test was included in mine too. I have to say I don't really care for the hormone test. In my opinion, I find it too convenient that the 3 things I marked as a concern in the questionnaire (belly fat, menopausal, lack of energy) just happened to be the 3 things that came back low on my hormone testing to which it was offered that if I used the hormone cream would assist in correcting the imbalance and may increase weight loss.

Also, I see my physician yearly for blood work due to family histories and in Oct 2012 all the items came back normal or within range for age.

Again, just my opinion.
Yes i agree with you, my hormone test results all came back normal, I tried to opt out but they said it was part of the contract. But I guess it's a test that i can have in my file!!! When i started i did the HNS, MRC-6, Cortitrim, multivitamin, oils. I'm in maintenance now and just take the multi-vitamin, oils, cortitrim and that's my choice, i still do at least one HNS per day i love the protein.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote