3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Newbie Here! Just signed up :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/274961-newbie-here-just-signed-up.html)

kurisutaru25 02-03-2013 06:46 PM

Newbie Here! Just signed up :)

Hey, I'm brand new to the site and I just signed up! I'm so excited to begin and it seems like it is pretty easy to follow. I usually eat pretty healthy anyways, except weekends are where I always lose track. I hoping that I can lose about 40-45lbs! I start preconditioning tomorrow! It's so exciting to know that I can be back on track just in time for summer! Does anyone have any advice to give to keep the motivation going? I was just curious about salsa as well. Can we have it or does anyone have any alternatives?

Thanks!

chubbiegurl 02-03-2013 08:04 PM

Welcome, I like joining challenges especially the daily weigh in. I always keep the scale and number I will write the next day in mind before eating unhealthy or skipping the daily workout. There are other challenges as well if daily weigh in is not your thing. Some like to buy a smaller outfit as incentive. Set small goals and reward yourself when u achieve one, not with food. I tend to go off track on Saturdays, intentionally usually one meal. That has not deterred me but we r all different. About the salsa I am not on any specific plan, so I don't know if it is ok for u. I would imagine the fruit and veggies in it would be ok, and spicy food aids in digestion And speed metabolism, so I've read. Anyway welcome and best of luck reaching your goal!

Going4Fit 02-04-2013 11:37 AM

Hi and :welcome2:

If you stick to your menu, you will totally have that weight off by summer no problem! I can tell you that the menu items they gave you are very specific for a reason and you need to not make any substitutions or vary from it. You cannot have any store bought salsas, but there are several recipes for homemade versions in the MRC cookbook. You have to count them towards your vegetable allowance though - they are not to be used as an additional garnish/topping.

Hope that helps - look forward to seeing your progress!

Keylani 02-05-2013 08:26 PM

Welcome :D

georgiaod 02-10-2013 11:34 AM

I am new too. I start preconditioning tomorrow. Maybe we can be buddies since we are starting the same time... Minus one or two days. :-)

kurisutaru25 02-10-2013 12:02 PM

I just got my cookbook this past Friday and start the yellow menu tomorrow. I feel like I am still going to get plenty of food. I'm used to only eating twice a day. I'm not much of a breakfast person, so that is going to take some getting used to. I just finished preconditioning this past week and I felt like I ate so much, compared to what I'm used to. I didn't eat big portions either, so I'm excited to see how this goes! georgiaod, I look forward to see how to program works for you! Keep in touch :)

rwquilts 02-10-2013 03:03 PM

kurisutaru25 - I'm in Indiana too, Lafayette. We started at about the same weight, too.

Work In Progress 02-11-2013 06:43 PM

Welcome kurisutaru25!