Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 171/168

Height: 5'4''

Default Thank you going for fit

Thank you goingforfit. You look incredible and I really appreciate your comments. I am on day 13, into the green and am a little nervous about being on green. I am not hungry and have lost a lot of my desire for food. Period. I think the extra protein and supplements gives me energy and with my elderly dad, teenage boys and demanding job, I am starting to wonder if I ever want to get off the supplements as I feel good.

So, my goal has to be consistent in my program and I have been for 13 days which is a huge win for me. I'm one that before could be good for only 3-4 days at a time without a little cheat.

So, I am not going to give up. I am sure that there will be plateus and patience with consistency will make this work!

Also, I am exploring other things to bring me happiness and joy versus food. I find I have more time with my family and friends even.
mamamia77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia77 View Post
Thank you goingforfit. You look incredible and I really appreciate your comments. I am on day 13, into the green and am a little nervous about being on green. I am not hungry and have lost a lot of my desire for food. Period. I think the extra protein and supplements gives me energy and with my elderly dad, teenage boys and demanding job, I am starting to wonder if I ever want to get off the supplements as I feel good.

So, my goal has to be consistent in my program and I have been for 13 days which is a huge win for me. I'm one that before could be good for only 3-4 days at a time without a little cheat.

So, I am not going to give up. I am sure that there will be plateus and patience with consistency will make this work!

Also, I am exploring other things to bring me happiness and joy versus food. I find I have more time with my family and friends even.
Love your post!! This is great that your doing well!!! Keep it up!
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #33  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Work In Progress, I know what you're saying about the ground turkey. It definitely has it's own thing going on no matter what you put it in. I guess I'm lucky in that I still like it. I second Konacoral's suggestion to use taco seasoning on it. I throw 3-4 ounces of taco seasoned ground turkey on my big green salads, (with 1/2 oz cheese if doing the 3 oz) and add 1/4 cup low-sodium black beans and Walden Farms ranch for a taco salad, or skip the beans and do the tortilla wrap with the meat and some of the veggies and ranch.

If you like sauerkraut, the turkey kraut burger recipe is excellent and very flavorful - so much in each bite the turkey burger taste doesn't overpower at all. And I love the taco chili recipe from the cookbook too. Actually, you don't have to have only ground turkey - you can have turkey breast. I've found it in the fresh foods packaged just like chicken breasts. It has a totally different texture than the ground turkey so that may make a big difference for you.

mamamia77 thank you for the compliment! I remember being nervous going onto the green menu because it was more food than the pre-conditioning menus! I didn't understand that. But I've really learned to love the green menu. I also didn't realize those HNS's made any difference until now. Stopped having the one at breakfast and my tummy starts growling audibly a few hours later! I really resented having to buy all of the HNS's at first, but have come to really enjoy them and plan on incorporating them into my maintenance diet at least for when I make a dessert so I can get the extra protein. I'm surprised I haven't found better prices for similar products on-line. Congrats on your goal of consistency and for finding other things to fulfill you. It is an emotional journey as well as a physical one, that's for sure.

Well I haven't stabilized in stabilization yet - I weighed in with another pound down on Wednesday, which brought my total weight loss to exactly 60 lbs! I signed up to lose 48 lbs, so signing those 50 and 60 lbs scale boards was pretty mind-blowing for me. Every time I go in for a weigh-in now, someone asks me what I'm doing there. Hey - they should be glad to see me - I'm proof that it works!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post

I've tried using the ground turkey breast several different ways (chili, meatloaf, burgers, etc.) and I just can't get into it. For me, it doesn't seem to hold the flavor of the seasonings like chicken or buffalo meat. I really would like to find something so I don't get burnt out on just chicken/fish/buffalo meat.

Anyone have any suggestions for something that might help with the ground turkey breast flavoring?

Try mixing turkey with buffalo or chicken. I don't know which plan you are on but on the Meta Slim you can have ground round or sirloin 2x a week for dinner. I have mixed the turkey with ground round.
lovetofishandrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 225.5/179/150

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas for the ground turkey!

I weighed in this morning and was down another 1.5 lbs.

I know I'm losing weight, I see it on the scale but I don't exactly feel or see it yet (I've always preferred loose fitting clothes). Today, even with the loss, I got discouraged... I read my affirmations and kept thinking 'this didn't come on over night and it's not leaving over night'. I focused on several of my projects here at the house and feel much better now that many of them are completed, a sense of accomplishment. This too shall pass.

I hope you all are doing good!
Work In Progress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 229/210.5/178/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
NTVANGEL...This is just my personal opinion but I don't think all these supplements are going to help you lose the weight any faster. I say that because I have been there and done that! I started MRC in March 2012 and it took me 6 months to lose 30 pounds. I took all the supplements you mentioned and none of them helped me lose any faster. I refused to do the hormone test (did not want to pay the money for it) and they swore it was due to my hormones (I am 52). So the manager gave me a free test and they determined that the hormone cream would be the magic ticket to get the weight off - not so. I have never had such a problem losing weight in the past, so I attribute it to my age and menopause. I know it is discouraging when you don't lose like some otheres here, but stick to it and you will lose the weight. I was eventually put on the metabalance plan and that seemed to work better. I think metaslim may just not have been enough calories for me.
My advice is stick to the plan (no cheats), make sure to drink all your water, get in all your HNS's and do some walking and don't get discouraged!
Thanks so much for the input. It is discouraging.....I have to be honest. I've been going off the diet more than on lately because I'm not seeing results. My coach is great, but I'm getting very frustrated. I'm 44 and it shouldn't be THIS hard.
Ntvangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #37  

Ntvangel - I know it gets discouraging but hang in there, don't give up and try to find a way to get back on track. For me, I made a binder with all my food journals to keep track of all my hard work so far and every recipe for all I've spent...it's been a nice reminder and motivator. Also, I read my affirmation, they encourage me.

Sending you a bunch of
Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #38  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntvangel View Post
Thanks so much for the input. It is discouraging.....I have to be honest. I've been going off the diet more than on lately because I'm not seeing results. My coach is great, but I'm getting very frustrated. I'm 44 and it shouldn't be THIS hard.
Well, going off plan more than on isn't going to get you the results you're wanting. It's pretty specific and going off messes it up. What I mean is, it's not like other plans where it's a straight caloric trade-off. Shucks, I wish you were feeling better about it. Hard seeing someone struggle with something that worked so well for me. My weight didn't come off as fast as for others on here, but I didn't mind because I wasn't hungry and I liked my food choices. Are you not happy with the menu? Even when the scale didn't change for me, I took pride in preparing and eating so healthfully. That helped me plug along.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #39  

So it is 15 days now? When I stalled I decided to do Metaquick. Then of course my job suddenly got a bit more stressful. I am torn between supporting my company in making a software sale as an application vendor and wanting to provide the customer the complete solution. I am going to try to encourage the marketing vp to consider how we can do both. This is a bit more tricky because I am the sole income these days. Well, what doesn't kill you makes you strong, right? It helps that you guys write back so much!! Thank you for telling me to hang in there and same to you. We shall overcome!! Just for fun, I am reading the Abundance book. I keep looking for inspirational books to keep me going and lots of prayer.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 AM   #40  

I am thankful for two teenage boys who are healthy and are avoiding teenage sex and drugs.
I am thankful for a husband who has lost his job and at the same time keeps going with a smile on his face.
I am thankful for my elderly father and the friends he has made when I got him into water aerobics so that he can live with us and enjoy his life
I am thankful for hiring a new developer/architect who seems to be kicking serious bu**!!
I am thankful for a 13 year old who is loving, adorable, witty, and smart
I am thankful that that lovely 13 year old is going to a charter school made for him: science, technology, engineering and mathematics and that should lead him to a solid career.
I am thankful for a roof over our heads, healthy food and the resources to afford MRC to assist in weightloss.
I am thankful for Barbara Davis even if I can't spend time with her. She is the angel who has taken my father under her wing and I bless her every day.
I am thankful for my lovely sisters.
I am thankful for living in the beautiful state of Colorado.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #41  

mamamia77 - Yay and congrats for being consistent in the program for 15 days! One step, one meal at a time!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #42  
Not giving up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
...I know I'm losing weight, I see it on the scale but I don't exactly feel or see it yet (I've always preferred loose fitting clothes). Today, even with the loss, I got discouraged... I read my affirmations and kept thinking 'this didn't come on over night and it's not leaving over night'. I focused on several of my projects here at the house and feel much better now that many of them are completed, a sense of accomplishment. This too shall pass...
I loved this post. This was so me. I had to lose about 25 lbs before I felt like I was accomplishing anything with my weight loss. Those poor gals at the center would try to be all "Woo-hoo, down another 1.5! Good for you!" and I felt like saying "Yeah, whatever - I'm still fat". Isn't it funny how progress can still be discouraging? I like your attitude - good for you for working through it.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #43  
Not giving up!

mamamia77, I liked MetaQuick with my week of chocolate shakes! I found it to be a nice break from all the cooking-from-scratch meals. Should be nice for your stressful week. I really enjoyed reading all the things you're thankful for. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #44  

Going4Fit - it is so good to hear that someone else feels (felt) the way I do, I'm trying to stay positive and shake this off...I am thankful that I found this board for the extra support.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 184.7/TICKER->/145

Height: 5'5"

Morning everyone - Touching base.
Nothing to report as of yet. I need to do my inches obviously since weight training stalls the scale. Im okay with that because I'm feeling pretty good.

I just posted my new challenge video from start of week 5 at the gym here in my signature. Its fun to look at the first one and then see the latest. Its quite spectacular to see the difference.

Everyone is doing so good! Thats so amazing!!! I love it.
Chat with you all later getting ready to the 2nd to last video tonight and weighing in.
konacoral is offline   Reply With Quote