3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Yuck. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/273570-yuck.html)

lunarsongbird 01-16-2013 05:02 PM

Yuck.

Grapefruit HNS= Yuck.

Anyone else have any yucks today?

Babybat 01-16-2013 05:10 PM

I haven't ate anything today but I agree, not a fan of grapefruit...it has a strong after taste :p YUCK.

lunarsongbird 01-16-2013 05:47 PM

It's the only one so far that I really don't like. Although the green tea has a bit of an after taste too.

Don't you get CRAZY hungry when you don't eat? I turn into a dragon!

MrsRiker 01-16-2013 08:45 PM

I thought it would be like Fresca, but not so much. If you drink it hot, it's kind of nice, though. I only drink it at night or if I'm not feeling well (like hot tea).

Work In Progress 01-16-2013 10:53 PM

So far I don't care for the Blue Raspberry, I'm finishing it off first to get rid of it.

I really like the peach mango, last night as a dessert I added my peach to it with ice and blended, it was a nice smoothie.

Good news, my counselor called today to check in with me and see how things are going, a nice friendly catch up. Anyways, she said I get to have a creamie today so I made the 'Almond Joy' chocolate I mentioned in the other thread... it is good, the chocolate leaves a bit of an after taste. I think I'll play with the recipe some and add a little more extract next time BUT it is a nice chocolate treat.

lunarsongbird 01-16-2013 11:38 PM

Yay! That's wonderful! I won't be having any creamies until 2/1 when I can afford more HNSs. LOL. Oh well.

Keylani 01-18-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Work In Progress (Post 4594078)
So far I don't care for the Blue Raspberry, I'm finishing it off first to get rid of it.

I really like the peach mango, last night as a dessert I added my peach to it with ice and blended, it was a nice smoothie.

Good news, my counselor called today to check in with me and see how things are going, a nice friendly catch up. Anyways, she said I get to have a creamie today so I made the 'Almond Joy' chocolate I mentioned in the other thread... it is good, the chocolate leaves a bit of an after taste. I think I'll play with the recipe some and add a little more extract next time BUT it is a nice chocolate treat.

After I seen the other post about adding the extract..I tried it. Not to bad but I need to play with it too. I loved the coconut flavor but not so sure about the almond...maybe I put to much. lol Do you measure yours?

rwquilts 01-18-2013 06:39 PM

I used to love the grapefruit when it came in a foil packet. I hat it most every morning at the gym. When they switched to the paper packet the taste changed do much that I traded in my packets.

Work In Progress 01-18-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keylani (Post 4596423)
After I seen the other post about adding the extract..I tried it. Not to bad but I need to play with it too. I loved the coconut flavor but not so sure about the almond...maybe I put to much. lol Do you measure yours?

I did measure the extracts, I put 1 tsp of almond and 1 tsp of coconut but I don't think it was enough because I could barely taste them so tomorrow night I think I'm going to double the amount and see if it's better. I got my cookbook tonight and it has some wonderful recipes that call for different kinds of diet sodas like diet chocolate soda, diet raspberry soda, etc... unfortunately I can't find any of them in my area. :(

lunarsongbird 01-18-2013 10:28 PM

I'm going to trade in the three I have left to try some other ones. At the center they made all of them sound SOOO good. LOL.

Keylani 01-20-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Work In Progress (Post 4596864)
I did measure the extracts, I put 1 tsp of almond and 1 tsp of coconut but I don't think it was enough because I could barely taste them so tomorrow night I think I'm going to double the amount and see if it's better. I got my cookbook tonight and it has some wonderful recipes that call for different kinds of diet sodas like diet chocolate soda, diet raspberry soda, etc... unfortunately I can't find any of them in my area. :(

I use these La Croix flavored waters for my smoothies and when I drink my HNS. It just gives it a little bit more flavor and the fizz that I love. http://www.lacroixwater.com/

Work In Progress 01-20-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keylani (Post 4598819)
I use these La Croix flavored waters for my smoothies and when I drink my HNS. It just gives it a little bit more flavor and the fizz that I love.

Thanks Keylani, I'll look for those. On a side note, I did increase the extract amount to 2 tsp of each and ick...too much almond, it was so overpowering I couldn't even taste the coconut and barely stand to drink it (held my nose and drank as fast as I could lol). I think I'll keep almond at 1 tsp and increase coconut to 2 tsp to see if that helps.

Going4Fit 01-21-2013 07:23 PM

I made the chocolate mint smoothie from the recipe book last night. Yuck, yuck, a thousand times yuck! No way did that need an entire teaspoon of mint extract. Wasted a dbl. choc. pudding HNS (could NOT finish it, even tried watering it down with twice as much soda). Wasted the diet soda. Aaargh!

Work In Progress 01-21-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Going4Fit (Post 4601249)
I made the chocolate mint smoothie from the recipe book last night. Yuck, yuck, a thousand times yuck! No way did that need an entire teaspoon of mint extract. Wasted a dbl. choc. pudding HNS (could NOT finish it, even tried watering it down with twice as much soda). Wasted the diet soda. Aaargh!

I hear you Going4Fit, I tried the 'Almond Joy' again tonight and played with the recipe reducing the almond extract but still no luck (the almond is still overpowering) so I think I'll move on to something else. I love the Root Beer Float by using diet root beer and the vanilla pudding, that is just awesome.

Keylani 01-22-2013 08:40 AM

Going4Fit
OOOOH NOOOO! That's horrible! I'll be sure not to try that one.

WorkinProgress
I just leave out the almond now...even one drop is to strong for me lol. Maybe vanilla and coconut would taste good...gonna try that soon.

Here's my favorite morning smoothie..I have it every morning for breakfast and it's huge

My blender breakfast:
1 HNS pudding (van or choc depending on mood)
1 HNS orange
1 scoop MRC super fruit powder stuff..can't think of name atm
5-6 small frozen strawberries
1 teaspoon Ceylon Cinnamon
1 can orange flavor LaCroix sparkling water
1 tsp sure-gel (for my hair and nails)
sometimes I add ice cubes

additions that I add sometimes to the choc one to change it up:
coconut extract
waldens farms chocolate syrup (makes it extra chocolatey)