Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #16  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachels77 View Post
Hey, Skelley -

For mine, we did a summary of my weight loss, goals, and saw where I was in relation to my actual goals. We then went over a much less-structured eating plan and decided how often I would continue to weigh in...

But, that was mine...
Rachels77: thanks for responding I actually didn't reach my goal weight but I also didn't want to pay for ten more weeks, so once I go thru my maintenance I am hoping I can lose the other ten lbs
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #17  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
Hello all---
Been lurking...on a cookie detox. Man, I redeveloped some bad habits. I really can do okay with one treat of dark chocolate or frozen yogurt each day. I maintain really well and don't get cravings. But over the past few weeks I started replacing my dark chocolate with a cookie then another then another until I was at the point where after every meal, and often in between, I was looking for a cookie. So for the second time this holiday season some goodies found their way into the trash. And I've been cookie free for three days now Well, sweets in general, but those darn cookies. I think it is because they are good for mindless eating. Cake or pie you actually have to sit down with a fork and plate so it takes more effort, etc.

And my cookie habit came with a few pounds. Nothing 2 weeks of being sweets free and balancing my meals won't take care of. I already feel a ton better. We've spent the past few days painting our bathroom so the scale is away. I'm hoping tomorrow when I get back on I'm back to or close to my happy weight range. I can already tell in my clothes I've lost the bloat (some cookies came with wine).

But I'm also not going to go extreme with exercise to correct the problems I created. Exercise in excessive amounts seems to stimulate my appetite. So this morning I did 15 minutes of high intensity strength circuits. My goal is 5-6 days of 30 minutes of moderate to high intensity activity. Switching it up. This summer I'm going to do a triathlon but with the sub zero temps in the morning I"m not ready to start training for that

Oh gosh I'm right there with you I go tomorrow to start maintenance and for some reason at night I want ice cream then chips so tomorrow after my appt I'm getting back on plan I do not want to go back to my old ways I'm kinda scared wish me luck I've waited so long for this day
Old 01-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #18  

One thing that helps me with hunger/putting off cravings is hot tea. I'm going to make some right now...the first two weeks of getting back on track are the worst!
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #19  
Sherry, Senior Member

Smile I did it!!

Well ladies I can finally say i'm a maintainer yay!!! I had my appt this morning and did really great, they ran my body comps and i have actually gained 3lbs of muscle mass, my counselor said that was awesome!! I love the maintenance food list, they have me on 1300 calories to start!! I get to have cereal and milk for breakfast, I've missed that so much!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations Skelley!!! That's so awesome!!! I'm happy for you!
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #21  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Happy New Year!!!!

OMG!!! let me just say, Girl Gone Wild!!!!! Chocolate, Fudge, Cookies, Sugar, Blah, Blah, Blah What was i thinking? we went to Jekyll Island camping for Christmas and ate junk like crazy...we did have grilled mahi mahi one night but one night, i'm ashamed to say we had jalapeno cheetoes and dark chocolate brownies! i also had margaritas every day. the only healthy thing i did was eat eggs in the am, salads for lunch a few days and we rode our bikes and walked at least 4 hours each day. the cool thing about the Island is that the bike routes go completely around the island and you can ride to the beaches, marsh and their little downtown. i was even prepared w/ fresh broccoli, veggies, etc. but i guess because the brownies, cookies were there, we ate them. normally when we go camping in warmer weather, we don't have those. i did drank tons of water (ask my husband because i stopped at alot of bath houses to pee!) on our walks and bike rides.
i have not weighed since Dec. 22.and everything is tight. As soon as we got back, i threw all the cookies and junk in the trash and covered w/ coffee grounds to make sure i wouldn't dig them out. Starting a Jazzercise class tomorrow - will prob. kill me!! Going back to Green menu tomorrow for real. worked way too hard to lose this weight and will not gain it all back. Chug a lug!!! Protein drinks, water..will be wearing a path to the bathroom!!! Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

I went for a quick weigh-in on Saturday and am pleased to be at 132, which is 8 lbs below my original goal. I didn't gain a thing over the holidays and even had some wine, some birthday cake, and other sweets in moderation, always followed by a huge glass of water.

Last edited by rwquilts; 01-07-2013 at 06:42 PM.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Bigdog, it just goes to show that crap is addicting. I wish it wasn't so but it is. Salt, sugar, and fat - preferably all at the same time- once we start its almost impossible to stop. Tell yourself IT'S OVER.

Because, guess what- it IS over. It's January! Clean slate, no beating up allowed. Go back to your skinny versions of margaritas and lean proteins and veggies. Pretty soon you will be feeling better. Just a few days of cleaning it up will help the head trip, which is half the battle. The temptations are gone now, you can do this!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #24  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylani View Post
Congratulations Skelley!!! That's so awesome!!! I'm happy for you!
Thank you! I'm feeling so good and doing awesome!!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #25  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
I went for a quick weigh-in on Saturday and am pleased to be at 132, which is 8 lbs below my original goal. I didn't gain a thing over the holidays and even had some wine, some birthday cake, and other sweets in moderation, always followed by a huge glass of water.
rwquilts: Congrats on your loss that's awesome!!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #26  

Hello everyone.. Had maintenance weigh in today and gained 2 pounds, no reason for it. Hopefully it will be down next weigh in..Wishing everyone a great weigh in.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #27  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Hello everyone.. Had maintenance weigh in today and gained 2 pounds, no reason for it. Hopefully it will be down next weigh in..Wishing everyone a great weigh in.

Patzi
Hi Patzi - I lurk on here all the time so I can be motivated with how diligently you maintainers work to keep your weight off. I watched a clip last night from the Doctor Oz website and thought of you, since I've seen you struggle with how often you have these little weight gains in spite of making good choices. It was about how even healthy foods can be reactive to our specific body chemistries and cause weight gain. Here's the link to the first video clip:

http://www.doctoroz.com//videos/anti...ive-foods-pt-1

I bet the stabilization menu is supposed to help do this same type of thing for us, but I noticed several of the reactive foods on the list are foods we have from the very beginning on green menu. Anyway, something to look into.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #28  
Motivated Member

You are right Camaswa. It is addictive and if I have that stuff in the house. I nibble on it all the time---- you always amaze me how you can throw the really good stuff out!!! I joined a Jazzercise class and went twice this week. It's really fun and a good workout. Planning on 3 days/ week and also walking the dogs every day
Doing pretty good food wise but need to increase water and HNSs

Been crazy busy at work and my husband just bought a restaurant!!! So helping out w that too. 2013 is looking incredible. YAY!!
Good luck everyone
Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #29  
Motivated Member

Default Vitacost

love this website! i just put through another order...i've been using this website to order Syntrax protein powder (less than Diet Direct), vitamins and even found a comparable Menopausal formula (Enzymatic Therapy AM PM Menopause Formula™ -- 60 Tablets 1 $11.69 $11.69
Item No: ENZ 8072064 ) i've been getting at Walgreens or Walmart and it's usually $20 if not on sale. they also have Estroven which is pretty good too. found the South Beach Protein bars and most are $2.99 or less per box of 5!! i keep them in my car and that's what i'll usually have for lunch when im on the road. they range from 120 to 140 calories and keep me from the fast food! i usually pack an apple and cheese too. i don't know about you guys, but if i get too hungry then that's when im going to overeat for the next meal or be tempted to grab a huge Lindt Dark Choc. bar in Walgreens! LOL and TMI - seriously, they are addictive and i crave them. these SB protein bars arent so good (like the Diet Direct bars ) which are way too yummy!!! they are kindof chalky so it's more like a protein fix and not just dessert. im still throwing away bread on sandwiches when im out but i do need to step up on the veggies.
ok back to work but wanted to peek in love the Jazzercise class...did a body sculpt class last night - it was fabulous...what is motivating is seeing all the buff ladies in the class and many are older than i am!!! wow. impressive. Protein, cardio and using stretch bands (kicked my booty) and weights is the key.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #30  
Sherry, Senior Member

Tomorrow I go weigh in after being on maintenance for one week, i'll see how it goes. I feel lost though, i have a 1300 calorie sheet that tells me how many servings to do a day and then it lists all the foods, but they told me i don't have to stick to those foods, just to watch the calories, sugar, fat, and sodium in foods. After a week i feel like i'm constantly wanting to eat all day long, my cravings are back and i'm feeling tired in the afternoons. Hoping to get some answers tomorrow at the center.