Old 12-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 241/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

mindboggld - condolences for your loss.

Going4fit - congratulations! I love this forum exactly because of success stories like yours! It's great to see the program really and truly working for a real person. Good for you!

From your earlier comment - I have emotional reactions to compliments regarding my weight. I have a lot of emotional issues tied up in my weight. I don't think there's anything anyone can say that I wouldn't find a way to take the wrong way!

I was doing good coming off of preconditioning. I'd lost 4.5 pounds during those first 5 days and another .5 at my next weigh in. I have to take things slowly because I'm nursing my daughter, and 5 lbs felt really good. I went to weigh in on Monday, knowing I'd lost at least a little and seeing that "official" number would help keep me closer to plan over the holiday (I knew I was going to go off), but they were closed. I'd specifically asked last week if they would be open Christmas Even and was told yes, and that I'd get a free week for coming in. If they closed early, I wish they'd said something - or posted a sign on the door - and I would have made arrangements to go in earlier. I know this is my journey and my responsibility, but I feel really let down by the center. They're supposed to be there for me! That's why I'm paying them the big bucks! Anyway, back on track tomorrow. I'll weigh in and see what the damage is and do my darnedest to wash it all away with tons of water!
LetHerOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #62  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the kudos ladies! I admit I still had a tough day not wanting to nibble on all the Christmas goodies. I was pretty cranky with my family at times yesterday. I'm just as bad as those people who stop smoking and their spouses are the ones who give them back their cigarettes because they can't take being around them anymore when they are so nasty without their fix. It's been close to five months and I'm frustrated that it still affects me that way. I think the double-chocolate pudding HNS is amazingly good and quite a treat (make sure you make it ahead of time and let it refrigerate so it thickens up and is nice and cold), so it's not like I don't get any goodies. Not being able to just nibble and snack is what I miss though.

Recognizing why I was being moody is an important step though, and I think a big part of the problem was that I was in my pajamas all morning doing Christmas with the kids, and then when the baby went down for a nap I did my workout and ended up being stuck in my workout clothes the rest of the night as I had to get Christmas dinner prepared and deal with the Skype calls and texts from family. So I felt ugly and yucky all day. Know what I mean? I need to make sure I shower and dress and feel good about myself - it gives me that boost to make the healthy eating choices.

LetHerOut, I'm sorry the center was closed when you went. I didn't see anything about the early closure on my calendar or a sign or anything either at my center. It was pure coincidence that I found out mine would be closing early at 3pm since they asked me to schedule my next weigh-in so I could do the body comp and I told them I was planning on coming in Christmas eve.

cmarty, glad to see you check back in. And I'm happy to hear you determined to get back on plan! I personally think as a lifestyle once I get into maintenance, I'll be easier on myself and I plan on playing with the effects of eating more some nights, balanced with more workouts to make up for it. For instance, go ahead and indulge at a party, but hit the spin class at the gym the next morning. I think so long as that's only an every now and again type thing, and I check the results with the scale so I'm not suddenly 8-10lbs heavier, it should work. Gotta trust that I have the tools to manage my weight and a day or two off plan isn't the end of the world. Scary though.

The current contest at my center is what kept me on plan yesterday - I want to win a prize and I get to move four spaces on the game board each time I come to weigh-in and I had no non-MRC choices on my food journal.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

Hi everyone,

It's been a crazy December but I was so excited after almost 2 weeks at a plateau, I finally am down again and that was through the most difficult time of year for me! Last year I gained 10lbs in Dec.

Now, we are leaving for vacation for 10 days, I'm really nervous about staying on program..
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #64  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Someone else posted an article on here that stated that the average holiday weight gain is actually only one pound, and not the fabled five to ten that's always thrown around. That gave me a laugh! That may be true of naturally thin and/or fit people. It would take ten years for ten pounds to sneak up on them at that rate. Alas, 'tis not the case for me!

anjy99, congratulations on breaking your plateau during such a difficult time! You're miles ahead of where you were last year. It's a new you coming out!

I had no loss again at my last weigh-in. Still 100% on plan but feeling very discouraged. I had hoped to be able to add calories on maintenance, but it seems my body wants to stabilize on the green menu. The only loss I had all month was after a full week of Meta-Quick. Crazy.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote