3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Stabilization??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile Stabilization??

Is anyone currently doing stabilization? I'm getting ready to start week three this saturday!! Was just wondering how everyone was doing, i'm doing really good, maintaining my weight, it's alot of food to add back in so quick but i'm going with the flow. I was hoping to lose a few more lbs but pretty happy right now too.
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lafayette, IN
Posts: 161

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Default

I am on week 2 of maintenance, but I lost each week on stabilization. I even lost a pound last week with the holiday. Just had a Dr visit this morning and he said I should be eating 1600 calories to maintain and not 1200 like MRC said. If I lose again this week, I'm probably going to raise my calories.
__________________
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
I am on week 2 of maintenance, but I lost each week on stabilization. I even lost a pound last week with the holiday. Just had a Dr visit this morning and he said I should be eating 1600 calories to maintain and not 1200 like MRC said. If I lose again this week, I'm probably going to raise my calories.
Oh wow rwquilts: this was my week two and i've maintained my weight, so i guess that's a good thing. I didn't gain from the holiday but i did pretty good too, tasted a couple of desserts but very thin slices. Glad to hear you are doing so well.
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Not giving up!
 
Going4Fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 251

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default

Hi - I'm not on stabilization yet but I'm getting close. I weighed in today and when the counselor asked how things were going I told her I was beginning to feel very anxious about going off the green menu that I've become so fond of. She went over some of the things that they teach at the stabilization class and it totally made me feel better (and in fact restored some confidence in the center and this program). Have either of you been to the class?

She said for instance, that since there are so many food choices out there once you're on maintenance, they have about a six pound buffer with your weight. She said I'll continue to lose once on stabilization and that will be building in that buffer. So with me she said my goal of 135 would probably see me going down to 130 on stabilization. She was saying how shocked clients always are when they weigh in with a loss after adding in so much food, but it really does happen.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that. If all goes well I'll be in the December stabilization class.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Hi - I'm not on stabilization yet but I'm getting close. I weighed in today and when the counselor asked how things were going I told her I was beginning to feel very anxious about going off the green menu that I've become so fond of. She went over some of the things that they teach at the stabilization class and it totally made me feel better (and in fact restored some confidence in the center and this program). Have either of you been to the class?

She said for instance, that since there are so many food choices out there once you're on maintenance, they have about a six pound buffer with your weight. She said I'll continue to lose once on stabilization and that will be building in that buffer. So with me she said my goal of 135 would probably see me going down to 130 on stabilization. She was saying how shocked clients always are when they weigh in with a loss after adding in so much food, but it really does happen.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that. If all goes well I'll be in the December stabilization class.
Congrats to you; I didn't have a stabilization class, they just set up an appt for me to come in and get weighed, measured and then gave me the week 1 of stabilization, I start week three tomorrow and i've not lost anymore weight yet. goodluck and stay intouch. I would love to see how you do on stabilization, i've had people tell me they lost more weight during this period also but so far i've stayed the same.
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
Not giving up!
 
Going4Fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 251

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default

Thanks skelley331! I will stick around - I've actually lurked a little bit here and there and see that you and I think it's cmarty and me are all very similar in our height and weight goal and timeline. Sorry it took me so long to create an account and start posting.

My center has "Stabilization Celebration" once a month. Surely yours does too? I had always thought it was just kind of a congratulations party, but it turns out that's where they cover the information that I got a brief intro to that I talked about above. I hope you can go to one. I've only just started going to some of the classes the center offers and wish I'd taken advantage of them earlier - I'm very impressed with the quality of information given.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Thanks skelley331! I will stick around - I've actually lurked a little bit here and there and see that you and I think it's cmarty and me are all very similar in our height and weight goal and timeline. Sorry it took me so long to create an account and start posting.

My center has "Stabilization Celebration" once a month. Surely yours does too? I had always thought it was just kind of a congratulations party, but it turns out that's where they cover the information that I got a brief intro to that I talked about above. I hope you can go to one. I've only just started going to some of the classes the center offers and wish I'd taken advantage of them earlier - I'm very impressed with the quality of information given.
Thanks, i found out they do have a celebration but it's at 5:30 and i'm still at work then so i can't go, so they did all my information during my appt. yes Cmarty and i have been going neck and neck pretty much along the way, it's good to see others around the same height and goals, so i look forward to watching your progress also.
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
Member
 
JodiH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 75

Default

I just started stabilization on Saturday. I did eat some crackers, but they really were not extra - kinda scared to start eating again. But, I am planning to add a carb tomorrow. We have a Christmas party tomorrow night, so I have to be careful. I bought cinnamon graham low fat crackers, low fat pretzels and the no salt crackers and the low fat animal crackers (just got the small bag). I don't think I will have any trouble rationing them. I just have to be sure to plan ahead for Christmas parties, Christmas Eve and Day. I do hope I continue to lose during this 6 weeks - that would put me at a really good weight.
__________________
Jodi --:

JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiH View Post
I just started stabilization on Saturday. I did eat some crackers, but they really were not extra - kinda scared to start eating again. But, I am planning to add a carb tomorrow. We have a Christmas party tomorrow night, so I have to be careful. I bought cinnamon graham low fat crackers, low fat pretzels and the no salt crackers and the low fat animal crackers (just got the small bag). I don't think I will have any trouble rationing them. I just have to be sure to plan ahead for Christmas parties, Christmas Eve and Day. I do hope I continue to lose during this 6 weeks - that would put me at a really good weight.
Hi JodiH, I am the same way, i'm on week three and it seems like so much food, I haven't lost anymore weight but my size 8's i just bought about 3 wks ago are now getting loose on me Ugh!! I'm glad but I think i'm losing inches still, so may have to go down to a 6!! Never bee a size 6 in my life! We'll see though!! Just follow the plan and you'll be fine!
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile Week 4 on stabilization

Well I'm on week 4 and wow they really add back in the foods fast during this process! It's almost hard to eat all the food they add! Anyone else have trouble doing it? thanks
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #11
Member
 
JodiH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 75

Default

I am starting week 3 of stabilization and have lost 4 pounds. I add dairy now. I went to Braums and found some low fat, no sugar added frozen yogurt. I could not find any no fat, no sugar kind -- has anyone else? One of my favorites "add backs" has been grapes! They taste so good.
__________________
Jodi --:

JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile Moving on!!!

Well today i went to my center for what i thought would be week five of stabilizaiton and was told that wk 5 and 6 are the same menu and that i'm officially starting on maintenance !!! I finally made it yay!!!
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Keylani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 104

S/C/G: 340/205/190ish

Height: 5'9"

Default

Grats to you!! I'm looking forward to reaching my goal.

OMG Jodi...I miss Braums!! I moved to Florida from Oklahoma and Braums is the only resturant I miss!! Nobody understands how awesome and fresh their products are.
Keylani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #14
Not giving up!
 
Going4Fit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 251

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Default

Well I'm not going to make the December stabilization class after all. Didn't change a thing, but my weight loss really stalled. The center wants me to go, but I happen to have a conflict this Thursday night anyway. And besides, I want to use my stabilization time to really focus on stabilizing and seeing what affect the added foods have on me, and not secretly sticking with the green menu and hoping to lose more weight. No offense to those of you who've done that! I understand the reasoning - this program is expensive! But I have enough extra weeks still that I shouldn't need to do that.

I'm a little frustrated with how much pressure I'm getting to end my weight loss journey. I don't want to settle for good enough when I've come so far and am so close to being in the best shape of my life. I'm wondering if I'm messing with their statistics? If weight loss really slows down when you're close to the end, maybe they'd prefer to graduate you when your numbers look the best? Just an idea. But I'm getting tired of these size zero gals telling me they want me at 27% bodyfat. I looked it up on-line. That's average. I want to be fit!
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
skelley331's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 978

S/C/G: 194/168/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
Well I'm not going to make the December stabilization class after all. Didn't change a thing, but my weight loss really stalled. The center wants me to go, but I happen to have a conflict this Thursday night anyway. And besides, I want to use my stabilization time to really focus on stabilizing and seeing what affect the added foods have on me, and not secretly sticking with the green menu and hoping to lose more weight. No offense to those of you who've done that! I understand the reasoning - this program is expensive! But I have enough extra weeks still that I shouldn't need to do that.

I'm a little frustrated with how much pressure I'm getting to end my weight loss journey. I don't want to settle for good enough when I've come so far and am so close to being in the best shape of my life. I'm wondering if I'm messing with their statistics? If weight loss really slows down when you're close to the end, maybe they'd prefer to graduate you when your numbers look the best? Just an idea. But I'm getting tired of these size zero gals telling me they want me at 27% bodyfat. I looked it up on-line. That's average. I want to be fit!
I agree with you, i didn't hit my goal weight when they said i would and they actually wanted me to buy 10 more weeks so I opted to start stabilization and i did the green menu for a couple extra weeks but then i moved on to the stabilization and i just can't eat all the foods they are adding back in so quick. I've maintained my weight now for 5 wks actually lost 2 1/2 more lbs doing stabilization. I'm officially on maintenance as of last saturday, when i thought i was starting wk 5 of stabilization they told me that wk 5 & 6 are the same and pretty much maintenence and when i go back this week which is wk 6 they will set up my maintenence appt.
__________________



Joined MRC June 2012 first time
Started using fitbit flex on 10/10/13
Re-enrolled MRC Feb 2014
Hit my goal 6/7/14
Re-enrolled MRC More new plan 8/31/14
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stabilization Noah Tall Metabolic Research Center 127 03-14-2011 03:12 PM
Given stabilization menu...many lbs. left to lose Secretgrl77 Metabolic Research Center 13 08-29-2010 12:40 AM
9 pounds to stabilization porchmom84 Metabolic Research Center 76 08-28-2010 10:29 PM
So what is Stabilization? Dan2112 LA Weight Loss 22 05-09-2007 03:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:00 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2