Old 10-31-2012, 11:51 PM   #1  
Female Age 33

S/C/G: 231/193/165

Height: 5'5"

Post Losing Interest?

Please help!!! I've been on program now for about 11 weeks and have lost 30 lbs. I know that's great and all but for the last 3 weeks now I have totally seemed to have lost interest. I still have 35-40 lbs left to go! Ugh!!! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get back on track? The center isn't providing much help other than scalding me...
HowdyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowdyTexas View Post
Please help!!! I've been on program now for about 11 weeks and have lost 30 lbs. I know that's great and all but for the last 3 weeks now I have totally seemed to have lost interest. I still have 35-40 lbs left to go! Ugh!!! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get back on track? The center isn't providing much help other than scalding me...
First they shouldn't be scalding you, i went thru the same thing, got bored and just didn't know if i could go on with this way of eating, my counselor told me that what they do are guidelines and they know you have ups and downs, they always review my food journal and see ways to help me out, maybe you should talk to a different counselor, you have accomplished so much with the 30lbs you have lost. When i went off track for a few days and started feeling bloated and tired after eating things i shouldn't have it woke me up to the fact that i don't want to feel like that all the time so i got up the next day and started back on plan, you can do this but don't beat yourself up if you get discouraged, we are all here for you and will help all we can. Stick with it you will make it thru this period.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:36 AM   #3  

I know I'm new here and you don't know me yet.. but.. here it goes
I was in your shoes, had great success, but was just sooo tired of it, the same foods, the same routine, the same passing up the great smelling food I saw my friends and family eat while I had a modified version. That was 5 yrs ago.

So, I was done, just done. Back to old habits of not eating healthy, weight crept back on and here I am now, 5 yrs later, 5 yrs older, metabolism naturally slower, and busier than I was before; starting over again because I didn't 'get it' if that makes senses. If you watch thin people (I'm saturated with them at work) they generally make healthy conscious food decisions and exercise regimes. (With exception to that 1-2 people who have freekishly fast metabolisms without trying). They eat like this program for life and never bat at eye about being tired of eating healthy! It really is astonishing to me. They come back with a salad from the cafeteria and I come back with a cheeseburger and onion rings, but yet, I jump diet to diet. I'm telling ya, you name the diet, I've got the book and all the supplies to do it. Metabolic is working for you because it works. Your alternative is quitting, then starting back over, more frusterated with yourself than the frusteration your feeling right now, I promise you.

Try not to view it as a diet or a temporary situation. When we reach our goals, which we will, we will never have the same eating habits as we did that got us in this situation to begin with. It's a slippery slope, one slip up leads to a day to a week to 5 years. You are not the person you were when you started this journey, you have learned what to put into your body to make it look better, feel better and work better. And when you put aside a temporary craving, what your getting with this program is what you really desire or you wouldn't have committed as you have.

Our options won't change much while on program. Instead, find something new and exciting to work on perfecting.. Get a yoga DVD, Jillian Michaels has a great one out without throwing out your back. The couch potato to 5 k in 6 weeks is also great. Just think, start that program, focus on that, go through the motions of the program and in 6 weeks, you'll have made it 6 more weeks in the program, potentially 20 lbs lighter and able to run a 5k! Or do a downward dog yoga pose better than the instructor, YOU CAN DO IT.

Sorry, this turned out way longer than I had anticipated, but maybe my past experinces of what I gained from failures gave you an insight to conquer this lil rut we get in.. Just fill it in with a new passion..

LC
CCdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Wow! This is probably the best post I have ever read here. I'm on maintenance but finding myself in the same situation as Howdy Texas and worried about the weight creeping back. Thanks for telling it like it is. And like its always gonna be. Good luck to you.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for that post I needed that. I've been off program for about 3 months now and that post was the final wake up call that I needed. I'm going to print it out so I have a reminder when I feel like giving up.

Last edited by rn5192008; 11-03-2012 at 04:44 PM.
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #6  

Good job taking that first step, sometimes thats 99% of it

LC
CCdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/179/130

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCdoodle View Post
I know I'm new here and you don't know me yet.. but.. here it goes
I was in your shoes, had great success, but was just sooo tired of it, the same foods, the same routine, the same passing up the great smelling food I saw my friends and family eat while I had a modified version. That was 5 yrs ago.

So, I was done, just done. Back to old habits of not eating healthy, weight crept back on and here I am now, 5 yrs later, 5 yrs older, metabolism naturally slower, and busier than I was before; starting over again because I didn't 'get it' if that makes senses. If you watch thin people (I'm saturated with them at work) they generally make healthy conscious food decisions and exercise regimes. (With exception to that 1-2 people who have freekishly fast metabolisms without trying). They eat like this program for life and never bat at eye about being tired of eating healthy! It really is astonishing to me. They come back with a salad from the cafeteria and I come back with a cheeseburger and onion rings, but yet, I jump diet to diet. I'm telling ya, you name the diet, I've got the book and all the supplies to do it. Metabolic is working for you because it works. Your alternative is quitting, then starting back over, more frusterated with yourself than the frusteration your feeling right now, I promise you.

Try not to view it as a diet or a temporary situation. When we reach our goals, which we will, we will never have the same eating habits as we did that got us in this situation to begin with. It's a slippery slope, one slip up leads to a day to a week to 5 years. You are not the person you were when you started this journey, you have learned what to put into your body to make it look better, feel better and work better. And when you put aside a temporary craving, what your getting with this program is what you really desire or you wouldn't have committed as you have.

Our options won't change much while on program. Instead, find something new and exciting to work on perfecting.. Get a yoga DVD, Jillian Michaels has a great one out without throwing out your back. The couch potato to 5 k in 6 weeks is also great. Just think, start that program, focus on that, go through the motions of the program and in 6 weeks, you'll have made it 6 more weeks in the program, potentially 20 lbs lighter and able to run a 5k! Or do a downward dog yoga pose better than the instructor, YOU CAN DO IT.

Sorry, this turned out way longer than I had anticipated, but maybe my past experinces of what I gained from failures gave you an insight to conquer this lil rut we get in.. Just fill it in with a new passion..

LC
Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this.
carolannincolumbusga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 164/148.5/130

Height: 5'3

This is a great thread! I am totally frustrated and ready to give up. I've been on the program since July 9th and have only lost 16 pounds! I feel like all I do is pop pills (I take MRC-6, Corti Trim, EFA's, Multi-vitamins, and all day weight loss).

I know this is a journey, but I really thought it I'd be close to my goal weight by now. I have done the hormone test and the numbers were pretty much ok.

I have talked to my coach at the center and they seem perplexed as well.

So......thanks for letting me get this off my chest! Today is a new day!
Minic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #9  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies! I have been on and off this site since 2008 I lost 30 lbs and got pregnant now my baby is 2 years old and its time to get back on track. I have been doing it on my own with out the center and its really hard too! I think its that the food gets boring and you just miss eating the way it was and the weight isnt coming off right now like we really want to . I know this program works . Don't give up. when you really hate it and wanna quit just talk to your support system whether its here or at home someone close to you and look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you are strong and beautiful and you are on your way and you will not quit! hope it helps i really need to hear that sometime , even today i have my 3 girls halloween stuff and I am just ignoring it and drinking more water . keep it up you got this and so do i!
cheeriloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 PM   #10  
Female Age 33

S/C/G: 231/193/165

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all so much for your feedback on this matter! All of your posts are a big help! I think I am finally getting back on track but with the holidays right around the corner, I'm really worried about falling back off again. With already a month of lost time now, I can't afford not to lose more weight! One thing that helped me get back on track was the thoughts that I may have to unpack my bigger size clothes that I had already removed from my closet; and the shame that I would feel from it. I want to be back down to the size I was a couple of years ago more than anything right now. It would feel so great to be a size 12 again!!! I try to think about that every time I have the urge to eat off the menu. It seems to help a lot just not all of the time. I want to wear tank tops without being embarrassed about my arms, and shorts without worrying about thunder thighs! It seems like my life would be so much better if I could achieve my goal. All I have to do is be grounded enough to follow the diet because it does work. If we don't control our food, then our food will control us. And it's not very nice! I'm going to silently repeat that over the holidays!
HowdyTexas is offline   Reply With Quote