Old 10-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Default menu ideas for camping

We are going camping this weekend & I need to plan my menu for friday night all day sat & sun & Monday morning any ideas?
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #2  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82797 View Post
We are going camping this weekend & I need to plan my menu for friday night all day sat & sun & Monday morning any ideas?
oh wow where do you camp at? We have a Class A gas motorhome and love to camp, i usually do grilled chicken on fri nights then steak on sat nights, i fill out my food journal for the weekend then pack what i need.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

Hard boiled eggs, fresh veggies, protein bars...make some of the Texas Chili in advance to heat up. I've also done 'roll-ups' with deli meat and lettuce for the wraps.
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
oh wow where do you camp at? We have a Class A gas motorhome and love to camp, i usually do grilled chicken on fri nights then steak on sat nights, i fill out my food journal for the weekend then pack what i need.
we camp at the state parks, we have a 23ft pull behind camper that my folks gave us last year, before that we were tent campers I love having everything where we basically pack the food and we are ready to go, so much easier than packing up all the rubbermaid boxes full of stuff when we tent camped
I'm going to try my best to plan out my menu tomorrow. we have a microwave in our camper so I'm bringing some steamfresh frozen veggies too, my goal is to stay OP and do as much bike riding and walking/hiking as I can
Old 10-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meazie View Post
Hard boiled eggs, fresh veggies, protein bars...make some of the Texas Chili in advance to heat up. I've also done 'roll-ups' with deli meat and lettuce for the wraps.
Great ideas, although be cautious with the deli meat. I learned that one the hard way. They are way high in sodium. It turned out the deli turkey I was eating at one time had 1100 mg of sodium for a 4 oz serving of turkey. By comparison, one serving of my DH's Planter's Peanuts only had 95 mg of sodium. Crazy, but true! I didn't understand why I wasn't losing weight until I looked at the label.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/(see ticker)/155

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Great ideas, although be cautious with the deli meat. I learned that one the hard way. They are way high in sodium. It turned out the deli turkey I was eating at one time had 1100 mg of sodium for a 4 oz serving of turkey. By comparison, one serving of my DH's Planter's Peanuts only had 95 mg of sodium. Crazy, but true! I didn't understand why I wasn't losing weight until I looked at the label.
Good point. Thanks! I typically buy low sodium deli meat but have had to use the regular stuff in a pinch. (I travel a lot)
meazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #7  

I try to stay away from deli meat, ive heard boars head brand is okay though? Is that true? Im going to bring some chicken to cook in the crock pot so if nothing else I have chicken breast. A turkey burger for the night we have burgers & some eggs to boil since I still get a snack & those are the easiest I didn't lose anything since Monday according to my scale but I didn't gain either & I didn't get to go weigh in either since I had to go get my son from school instead so I am vowing to be good this weekend (i'm even leaving the bottle of wine I was going to take at home lol less temptation there )