3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

What is fat burn mode?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 19

Default What is fat burn mode?

And how exactly do I get there... No technical terms please break it down for a newbie
ashly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
JenB72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 780

Height: 5' 5"

Default

In simplest terms, when people eat less carbohydrates, such as on the MRC plan, your body goes from burning carbs for energry to burning fat for energy. Fat burning is called "ketosis" which is a term you may hear your consultants say. Ketones are the molecules that are generated when fat metabolizes.

It takes about 3 days on the MRC plan for your body to go from carb burning mode to fat burning mode. The problem those on the plan run into is when they eat carbs (aka "cheat") that aren't OP. It confuses the body and the body starts burning carbs again and the fat deposits stay put and don't get used for energy. If the fat isn't used for energy, there isn't as much of a weight loss.

How do you get into "fat burn mode" and more importantly stay there? Sticking with the MRC plan as written.
__________________


JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 19

Default Fat Burn mode

Thank you for the explanation! I cheat a lot and I feel guilty about it. I'm trying to make sure I don't have junk food in the house and only what I can have. My boyfriend comes over with a pizza and other yummy foods that are bad for me. I may eat a slice of pizza with a salad or grilled veggies that's my compromise. Have you tried the internal cleanser, would it be OK to use on cheat days? My office says it is, so I'm just asking..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
In simplest terms, when people eat less carbohydrates, such as on the MRC plan, your body goes from burning carbs for energry to burning fat for energy. Fat burning is called "ketosis" which is a term you may hear your consultants say. Ketones are the molecules that are generated when fat metabolizes.

It takes about 3 days on the MRC plan for your body to go from carb burning mode to fat burning mode. The problem those on the plan run into is when they eat carbs (aka "cheat") that aren't OP. It confuses the body and the body starts burning carbs again and the fat deposits stay put and don't get used for energy. If the fat isn't used for energy, there isn't as much of a weight loss.

How do you get into "fat burn mode" and more importantly stay there? Sticking with the MRC plan as written.
ashly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
JenB72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 780

Height: 5' 5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashly83 View Post
Thank you for the explanation! I cheat a lot and I feel guilty about it. I'm trying to make sure I don't have junk food in the house and only what I can have. My boyfriend comes over with a pizza and other yummy foods that are bad for me. I may eat a slice of pizza with a salad or grilled veggies that's my compromise. Have you tried the internal cleanser, would it be OK to use on cheat days? My office says it is, so I'm just asking..
I've used the internal cleanser, but, that's more for those who tend to get constipated. It helps keep your system moving, so to speak. If you "cheat" (and that's a personal decision), taking the internal cleanser won't change the basic chemistry of what's going on with your body. Your body sees carbs (aka pizza) and stops burning your fat and starts burning the pizza off instead. It takes about 3 days for your body to start burning fat again.

Basically, you have to decide if the pizza is worth it. Once you eat it, it's going to take 3 days of staying OP to start burning the fat and seeing significant weight loss. It also translates into about 3 days of money, as well. You'll have to spend the money on 3 days worth of HNS, supplements, program time to get your system to burn fat again.

Hope this helps some.
__________________


JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 19

Default Dollars and cents

Jen,

I never thought of it that way. Staying OP will help me in the long run...reaching my goal sooner and helping reduce the amount of money I spend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
I've used the internal cleanser, but, that's more for those who tend to get constipated. It helps keep your system moving, so to speak. If you "cheat" (and that's a personal decision), taking the internal cleanser won't change the basic chemistry of what's going on with your body. Your body sees carbs (aka pizza) and stops burning your fat and starts burning the pizza off instead. It takes about 3 days for your body to start burning fat again.

Basically, you have to decide if the pizza is worth it. Once you eat it, it's going to take 3 days of staying OP to start burning the fat and seeing significant weight loss. It also translates into about 3 days of money, as well. You'll have to spend the money on 3 days worth of HNS, supplements, program time to get your system to burn fat again.

Hope this helps some.
ashly83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein Dieters: What is your average weight loss per week? greenwav99 Ideal Protein Diet 110 02-24-2015 04:37 AM
What is starvation response ? rinku Weight Loss Support 33 01-24-2009 04:53 PM
But what IS Metabolic Research Center? Ladybug75 Metabolic Research Center 15 12-01-2008 12:06 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2