3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Breakfast ideas? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/266939-breakfast-ideas.html)

cassie143 09-25-2012 09:43 AM

Breakfast ideas?

I keep rotating yogurt and hard boiled eggs every morning with a piece of toast for breakfast. Any other ideas on what to eat in the morning?

aw82797 09-25-2012 09:45 AM

I love cottage cheese with sliced strawberries and a pack of splenda
& this morning a sliced up a peach and a pack of splenda in my cottage cheese and it was good too

skelley331 09-25-2012 09:49 AM

Cassie143: I just bought from proteinshop.com wonderslim pankcakes, they come in a packet just like the powder drinks and they are great, one packet makes 3 nice size pancakes and i use walden's pancake syrup, i had it for breakfast this morning, i don't eat them but maybe once or twice a week just to break things up. here is the nutrition:
Calories: 120
total Fat: 0.5g
Satur Fat: 0
Sodium 260
Potassium 570
Carbs 19g
fiber 5g
surgar 2g
Protein 12g
calcium 25%
iron 2%
I also buy the orange and strawberry kiwi powdered drinks from them, love them.

skelley331 09-25-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4479281)
Cassie143: I just bought from proteinshop.com wonderslim pankcakes, they come in a packet just like the powder drinks and they are great, one packet makes 3 nice size pancakes and i use walden's pancake syrup, i had it for breakfast this morning, i don't eat them but maybe once or twice a week just to break things up. here is the nutrition:
Calories: 120
total Fat: 0.5g
Satur Fat: 0
Sodium 260
Potassium 570
Carbs 19g
fiber 5g
surgar 2g
Protein 12g
calcium 25%
iron 2%
I also buy the orange and strawberry kiwi powdered drinks from them, love them.

Oh I forgot that the waldens pancake syrup is all 0 on calories, sugars, carbs, etc. and very tastey

skelley331 09-25-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skelley331 (Post 4479284)
Oh I forgot that the waldens pancake syrup is all 0 on calories, sugars, carbs, etc. and very tastey

the pancakes replace the 4oz protein so i can still have my fruit also:carrot:

dkdaisybutters 09-26-2012 09:54 PM

Breakfast Ideas

I find I love eating frozen blueberries(unsweetened of course!) or strawberries in the morning, it's very refreshing...just take the amount you want out of the freezer and let it thaw a tiny bit or put on defrost in the microwave for a couple seconds. I eat this with cottage cheese or I put it in the yogurt with a couple packs of sweetener. My mom is on the program also and makes pancakes ahead of time, here is the recipe: 1/4 cup ground oatmeal, 1 egg, 2 or 3 Splendas, some cinnamon to taste if you want, and 2 oz cottage cheese, you could even put in maple extract or some extract like that if you wanted-put in blender until smooth and cook like pancakes. I eat them with Walden farms syrup but they are good even without the syrup. Also, you could eat an egg with cheese in a 45 cal tortilla. Hope this helps

pam745 09-26-2012 10:11 PM

For a change I will make the cheesecake from the cookbook except I don't make a crust. That way I can still have my fruit. I don't like the texture of cottage cheese, but it's blended in the recipe so it doesn't bother me.

faerychic 09-28-2012 09:18 PM

This is kind of like french toast............beat 2 eggs in a bowl sprayed with pam. Add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg to taste. Tear up a slice of wheat bread and add to the egg mixture. Let the bread soak in the egg for a minute and then cook in the microwave for 2 minutes or until the egg is no longer runny. Top with Walden Farms pancake syrup. Very yummy!

temperance1983 09-30-2012 07:45 PM

Really is the syrup good

skelley331 09-30-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temperance1983 (Post 4484408)
Really is the syrup good

I use it on my wonderslim pancakes and I think it tastes really good! You can always use a packet of splenda to sweeten it but i think it's fine as it is.:)

faerychic 10-02-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temperance1983 (Post 4484408)
Really is the syrup good

The pancake syrup is good - I order it by the case. It is the only Walden Farms product that I like. Cannot stand any of the other products I have tried.

Steve Troutman 10-02-2012 12:12 PM

Another option would be a smoothie. It's easy to come up with some high protein and delectable concoctions with flavored or unflavored protein powder, frozen fruit, milk, yogurt or cottage cheese, etc.

My go to right now contains fat free milk, yogurt, natural peanut butter, a scoop of vanilla ice cream flavored whey protein, a frozen banana, and a few ice cubes. It's good!

skelley331 10-02-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Troutman (Post 4486184)
Another option would be a smoothie. It's easy to come up with some high protein and delectable concoctions with flavored or unflavored protein powder, frozen fruit, milk, yogurt or cottage cheese, etc.

My go to right now contains fat free milk, yogurt, natural peanut butter, a scoop of vanilla ice cream flavored whey protein, a frozen banana, and a few ice cubes. It's good!

Sounds great but i'm not allowed to have any type of milk and I didn't know you could have peanut butter or bananas?:)

skelley331 10-02-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faerychic (Post 4486169)
The pancake syrup is good - I order it by the case. It is the only Walden Farms product that I like. Cannot stand any of the other products I have tried.

Yes I love the syrup and i do like their ranch dressing. :)

FitMel 10-02-2012 06:19 PM

My morning is usually a slice of whole wheat Ezekiel bread with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter, half a banana sliced on top. I'm supposed to have an apple with it but I'm usually too stuffed after the bread-PB-banana combo. Plus Ezekiel bread has a lot more chew to it and fills you up more than average whole wheat bread.

Another morning rotation I do is slice of Ezekiel bread (gotta have it >.<) 2 egg-whites and 1 whole egg mixture, Mrs. Dash's tomato basil seasoning, 1/8 tsp of cumin and 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder. Then I spread 1/4 (1/2 if I feel a little adventurous lol) of a Hass avocado on the bread and top with my cooked eggs. Sounds weird but i was shocked how great it tasted. Granted, I don't really use salt. But if you are feeling risky, i'd say give it a try. :D