Old 08-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #1  

Default Question about making more than one serving of an MRC recipe

I have the cookbook and when reading through I notice that most of the lunch/dinner recipes have multiple servings (usually 4) and am wondering if you guys find the subsequent servings too soggy/gross (since you can really only have 2 servings a day) the next day? Also, for the recipes where the meat is cooked with the veggies how are you supposed to portion out the 4 or 8oz? Thank you in advance for answering, this is my first time on this forum and I apologize if this is asked a lot.
yankeeoregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I have eaten leftovers I keep them for no longer than a week but the leftovers have been fine. Most of the recipes I make for dinner and feed my family with as well, if they are single serving recipes I will double/triple etc it. if it calls for a supplement I will use the supplement in my portion and use reg chicken boullion in the kids etc. I made the turkey lasange and it was pretty good but I think next time I will just dice up the zucchini instead of slicing it it makes 10 servings so I used it as two meals and had a few extras for lunches. everything I have made so far has been pretty good even the hubby and kids will eat it. I'm not sure about cooking the veggies and meat together, I have just been cooking my meat seperately, weighing out my portion then cooking the veggies and combining them. One thing I have noticed is not all 8oz raw veggie servings cook down to 4 oz cooked but I figure if I could eat the entire 8oz raw serving then even if it only cooks down to 6 ozs I should be able to eat the whole amount its no different then if I ate it raw right. hope that helps some
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote