Does anyone know if it is under 1200? Thanks
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Does anyone know if it is under 1200? Thanks
I don't know the official answer to this question but I have tracked my meals in MY FITNES PAL off and on and the calories ranged between 1100-1300 depending on my food choices. .
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Thanks, I just had a bodyfat test at a college here and the guy said not to go under 1200 or you risk losing muscle. I told him that MRC says high protein intake will prevent that and he replied by rolling his eyes. He said most of the protien in our HNSs is probably passing right through us. Great....

Even though my scale wieght isnt bad (158.5 on his scales) and he said I don't "look" overweight, I am way high on the fat percentage. He said more exercise, more strength training and with heavier weights. A d 1200 calories, not less. I think MetaBalance falls in line with that, don't you?

Last edited by camaswa; 07-29-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

I agree with the 1200 calories. Metabalance was definitely a better plan for me even though they say you lose at a slower pace. I did not lose any faster on metaslim and felt so much better on metabalance. So was your fat percentage more or less that what the center said? I had another body comp done at the center yesterday and they put me at 34.8% body fat. The counselor said that was at the high end of the scale and I should try and get it to 30% and to do that I would need to weigh 152. I told her NOPE - not going to buy more weight loss weeks. Honestly I don't care what her numbers say at this point because I feel like they just want me to spend more money there with weight loss weeks and their supplements. If I lose a few more pounds now that I am on maintenance that is a bonus but I am not going to stress myself out to do it. I am going to take a queue from you and try to incorporate some weigh training into my excercise routine to get the fat percentage where it needs to be.

158.5 pounds is great!! I bet you look fabulous
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Faerychic, we are so similar! My bodyfat at the center was 36% last time. At the college's fitness lab, they did it 3 ways: impedance, which was 37, calipers, which was 32, and this new thing called a BodPod, which is supposed to be the most accurate of all, right up there with underwater tests. You get in this chambers that measures the volume of space you take up (I honestly don't know what it was doing- it was freaky) The guy said those variations were exactly what he expected to see, with calipers being the lowest since those can't measure what's in and around your organs.

Definitely 30% is the highest that is within "normal" range. But you can get there with strength training and a maintenance plan. You might google Tom Venuto The Body Fat Solution - he explains all this well.

The guy at the lab had never met me before and doesnt know all I have been doing so I felt he gave me a bit of a lecture about stuff I motly already know. Not his fault, but i felt like I got bad news, when In fact- I'm doing great!

I'm in a10/12 also. No more 16s EVER AGAIN!