Old 07-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/148

Height: 5'11

Default Any Tall MRCers out there?

Hey All,
I hope everyone is losing well
I am getting a little discouraged in my weightloss because I have lost just about 25 pounds (in less than 2 months-yay!) but have only gone down 1 size in pants. I know its different for us tall ones but my question is, how many pounds do you tend to lose before you drop a pant/dress size? My top is shrinking so fast! (But sadly not these she-rah thunder thighs hah!)

-Brandis
The Jolly Green Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I am not nearly as tall as you but typically it takes a loss of at least 15 to 20 pounds for me to go down a pant size. My daughter is your height and weighs about your goal weight.......she wears a size 6. Hang in there.......your pant size will be dropping in no time
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

I am 5' 8". I've lost 32 pounds and gone down 2 pants sizes, sometimes 3 depending on the brand. More and more often, 10s are fitting. You need to remember that a small drop in pounds can result in a big drop in size if it is all fat and no muscle. Fat takes up so much more space that muscle. Again, focus on losing fat and building muscle, not on pounds. The more muscle you have the more fat you wil burn. And eventually the smaller size you will be!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/148

Height: 5'11

Thanks camaswa and faerychic! That is very encouraging!
The Jolly Green Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Jolly-
I just started the program and am about the same stats as you. I know that for me to go down just one size I'm going to need to drop prob 20-25 lbs. I think when you to our height... It's like the sizes are skewed when you get into tall sizes. Not necessarily longs. Even if I get to goal at 145 I'll bet I'm prob still a size 10.
25 lbs though! WOW!!! I hope to be with you soon!
Netheadred is offline   Reply With Quote