program acceptable party foods

• My son's birthday party is on sunday & I would really like to make as much program acceptable food as possible so I don't have temptation that I don't need. any suggestions? also my birthday is the following sunday so much temptation
  • If the weather is nice where you are, how about kabobs? You can put whatever meat and veggies you can have and they are tasty!
  • A big bowl of berries, a beautiful salad, a big tray of bright veggies with dip, shrimp cocktail, BBQ chicken (skinless breasts). Melon and procuitto, tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese with basil. Basically, just think about the freshest moast beautiful presentations of fruits and veggies, and simple, flavorful grilled meats. Build-your-own- taco bar, or Cobb salad bar..... It's really a great time of year to be on program because the healthy stuff is so fresh and good. Right now.
  • I may make your suggestions for a dinner party this weekend. We like to entertain but I feel this diet is not conducive to the fun I want to have. After seeing your menu, I will probably give this a whirl minus the red wine.

By the way, what is the specifics on red wine? I see where some people say they are having it…I did not notice on my plan but I have only been on my menu 1 day.
  • Wine is NOT on the plan! No alcohol is allowed. Some of us choose to enjoy it anyway but we typically find it does slow the weight loss. I don't know if it takes you out of ketosis or not, but it's empty calories for sure. And yes, entertaining while on program is tough, especially with regard to drinking. I have gotten pretty good at putting together meals that have lower carb items I can eat along with some higher carb things that I just discretely pass on. Actually, that's what I do most of the time because my husband likes his carbs. I see this as a new way of life so it's just what we do now.
  • My center said that alchol is the hardest sugar/carb for your body to break down & it actually takes it 5 days to do so, (but when I googled nutrition facts for vodka it said it had calories but zero carbs & zero fat so im confused) abstaining from alchol is one of the hardest things for me on this plan but I know once I sway its sooooooo hard to come back.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will be making a grocery list now
  • ah man……..I was hoping for a different answer LOL
  • These are great ideas. I have a Goodie Day on Thursday.