Old 07-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #1  

Default Is it possible it just won't work?

I am on the program again. I lost 30 lbs several yrs ago and of course gained it and more back. I've been around the block a million times looking to loose this weight and now I'm back to Metabollic because I know it works. Except it's not! I lost 2lbs on preconditioning. I lost 1.5 the first week even while being on vacation. This was on sat. I went in today and I am up .5. REALLY!????
I am following it pretty much to the letter and this is what I get? Is it possible I cannot lose weight any more? I know I'm older and it will be more difficult but I am so sad. I want this to work. Counselor upped my water requirements but even if it's water weight... Where is the fat loss I should have in 4 days?
How can I boost my metabolism to get going?
Lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

It's hard to say since I have no idea what weight you are, how old, etc. But I can tell you that I've had pretty much roller coaster weigh ins here. Lose some, then nothing for a week.. apparently my body is fighting this tooth and nail and I'm also dealing with PCOS and hypothyroid, but I'm just plugging along.. I will not give up! I've noticed that not having enough water (for me 100oz) I retain. I asked my counselor several times after no loss for a week and a half if this is just not going to work for me and she said it will work for everyone if you follow the program and power through the no loss times. The scale will make up for it later. Maybe you're losing inches but it's not showing on the scale... Hang in there!!
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I have had a heck of a time losing the weight on the MRC program. I don't think it is the plan - I think it is my age & hormones (I am 51). I have gone up to 3 weeks with no loss. I have not done MRC in the past but tried about everything else and always had success at losing (just not keeping it off!). It has taken me 8 months to lose 28 pounds (of course I haven't been perfectly on plan either!). Anyway, I am happy about the loss - it's just been a rough journey this time. Stick with it and you will see results - maybe just not as fast as you would like. Think about what has changed since the last time you were on plan. Age? less active? those were 2 factors for me.

Good luck.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Water, rest and stress were major factors for me. If I do less than 100 oz, I usually stay the same or gain. If I get less than 7-8 hours of sleep, same story... I have also gone up as much as 3 lbs when stressed about family/work/whatever drama...

Take care and try not to worry. Focus on what you eat, rest, and your water and it will come in time...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Really? Water makes that much difference ? I have never been really great about water, maybe that is part of why it's so slow for me.... I'm gonna kick it up!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #6  

Lala, try eating white fish and different kinds of berries for 3 days - except for breakfast. This worked great for me! It broke through the plateau. They are right about drinking tons of water. One even told me to divide my weight by 2 and that is the minimum water you have to drink in order to lose. I plateau about once a month, then lose again. So, do not stress over a small loss. I have lost anywhere from 3 pounds a week down to only 1/2 pound in a week. But, just 2 more pounds and I will be signing that 70 pound board!
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/148

Height: 5'11

JodiH- What did you have for breakfast during your plateaus? Im in one as we speak. No loss for a whole week so far.
The Jolly Green Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/189.6/155

Height: 5'8 1/2''

I'm very nervous about this. I just started the program today and I paid the money for the program because I stopped being able to lose weight 3 years ago and have gained 30 lbs since I've stopped losing weight, no matter WHAT I do. I'm worried because I'm actually eating MORE now than I did before I started the program.

Anyway, I'm only one day into it, but these posts have me worried. My body is very resistant to weight loss anymore and I suspect it's hormone related. Going to get hormones checked at Dr. office but MRC is also doing the hormone swab. My question is, what good does the hormone swab do me? It doesn't sound as though they change the program no matter what the swab tells them.

I'm feeling duped. But I paid the money, I'll do the program.
Jen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen34 View Post
I'm very nervous about this. I just started the program today and I paid the money for the program because I stopped being able to lose weight 3 years ago and have gained 30 lbs since I've stopped losing weight, no matter WHAT I do. I'm worried because I'm actually eating MORE now than I did before I started the program.

Anyway, I'm only one day into it, but these posts have me worried. My body is very resistant to weight loss anymore and I suspect it's hormone related. Going to get hormones checked at Dr. office but MRC is also doing the hormone swab. My question is, what good does the hormone swab do me? It doesn't sound as though they change the program no matter what the swab tells them.

I'm feeling duped. But I paid the money, I'll do the program.
The test MRC does tells them if you have high cortisol or if you are estrogen dominent. Based on the results they will try and tell you more supplements (corti trim for high cortisol, Super Dim and hormone balance cream for estrogen dominence). I tried the supplements I mentioned and I really don't think they had any affect on my weight loss. Since you are having your MD check out your hormones you may want to ask their opinion about taking supplements.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
The test MRC does tells them if you have high cortisol or if you are estrogen dominent. Based on the results they will try and tell you more supplements (corti trim for high cortisol, Super Dim and hormone balance cream for estrogen dominence). I tried the supplements I mentioned and I really don't think they had any affect on my weight loss. Since you are having your MD check out your hormones you may want to ask their opinion about taking supplements.
Alright, thanks. I've also heard from a friend who has that poly-cystic ovary syndrome thing that her DR gave her something for it and she started losing weight after she was given the medication and she wasn't even trying to lose weight. Maybe that'll be the defining difference here...if they find out I have that same issue.

Either way, can't hurt to try to lose some before my DR appt.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

Jen34. I have PCOS and would love to know what med they put her on to help lose weight.. is it Metformin?

I should also say that my body is VERY resistant to weight loss (like going to a gym 3 days a week/ personal trainer/ 1200 cal diet and only lost 5lbs).

But I am doing well on this program. I am on the Hormone supplements and progesterone cream because I am VERY estrogen dominant and extremely low progesterone.

There is hope!!

Last edited by anjy99; 07-23-2012 at 05:28 PM.
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jolly Green Bran View Post
JodiH- What did you have for breakfast during your plateaus? Im in one as we speak. No loss for a whole week so far.
I found that not to eat the same thing everyday for any meal. This for sure puts you on a plateau.
birdfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Really? Water makes that much difference ? I have never been really great about water, maybe that is part of why it's so slow for me.... I'm gonna kick it up!
water really does work a lot. When I first started MRC I was up to 100 oz of water a day. Since then I have slowed down on water and can really tell I need to pick up the pace a lot more and keep it up. They do have a liquid that my great grson adds to his water and his dads, no calories etc. I buy it at safeway. Daughter likes it a lot. Only way I can get her to drink water.
MIO is the name. They also have the store brands,it comes in several flavors.
birdfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdfeet View Post
I found that not to eat the same thing everyday for any meal. This for sure puts you on a plateau.
Well I am learning all kinds of things from you, Birdfeet! I do eat the same things for breakfast and lunch- I make all my lunches for the workweek at the same time. I hate to change cuz its so efficient, but maybe I should think about it.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjy99 View Post
Jen34. I have PCOS and would love to know what med they put her on to help lose weight.. is it Metformin?

I should also say that my body is VERY resistant to weight loss (like going to a gym 3 days a week/ personal trainer/ 1200 cal diet and only lost 5lbs).

But I am doing well on this program. I am on the Hormone supplements and progesterone cream because I am VERY estrogen dominant and extremely low progesterone.

There is hope!!
Yes, the medication was Metformin.