Mrc

• I am new to all of this! I joined MRC 2 months ago, at first I started off great, Went from 218.5 to 213 in the first month, and my current weight is well was 210. I followed the diet well, not prefect, but when i stopped loosing I stopped following. Has this happened to anyone else? It seems so hard to get started back!!
  • When you stopped losing you stopped following? Are you sure it's not when you stopped following you stopped losing? in my experience MRC is not a diet you can be very successful on unless you follow it pretty much to the letter because it is ketogenic. Then it becomes a cycle: when you don't see the pounds coming off, you lose motivation to follow it. At least I do. If you really want this why don't you commit to a month of total compliance and see what kind of success you can have. In your first month you should be able to lose 10 or so. Good luck.
  • I have to agree with camaswa. MRC is like Atkins in that if you cheat, even a little, it will slow down your progress. It will kick you out of fat burning mode (ketogenic) for about 3 days. Their menus are designed the way they are for a reason...they do work. If you can force yourself to buckle down and follow it as written, it will work. If you look at my starting weight vs. my current/goal weight, we are very similar. I'm proof the program works, but you have to work it.

Good luck and feel free to jump into our July thread. I've found the more active I was on this forum, the better I did.
  • I understand where you're coming from. For me, my cravings really increase when I eat off-program and it becomes a slippery slope of cravings, giving in, feeling bad, thinking I've already blown it, what's another (fill in the bad food here), and then re-commiting...

What helps me is to plan my water, plan my food, take my HNSs with me and make sure I drink what I have... water, water, water... rest, rest, rest... and switch to eating on auto-pilot. I know my "go-to" meals are effective (for me, at least) and I can depend on them to make me feel full, make me feel better and get me back in my groove!
  • Don't give up. I found that the program works and teaches you how to eat right. I found that my taste for food changed. When I cheated the foods I used to eat tasted greasy,yuky,So at that time as with others it even inforced in me that the program works and I should stick with it always.
    So far lost 70 LBS need more to go but will make it for sure. No way can I turn back.
    Stay in there and give it a longer try,let your body get used to the eating difference.