Old 07-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #106  

faerychic - If you have time, please explain the difference between the stabilization that they had you on and the one that they should have had you on. The last time that I weighed in I was told that I am close to going on stabilization (that comes before maintenance, correct?) and I want to make sure that what they tell me to do is correct! How could your center not be "aware??" I feel bad for you!
jlpnebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

If you are on the meta slim plan then you have nothing to worry about as this is the plan the vast majority of clients are on. There has been a lot of employee turn over at my center - including management. They say they were never told about the meta balance stabilization, but someone there did tell me about it when I first started the plan. I am guessing it was the area manager that I met with on one occassion.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I'm baaacckkk! Congrats to all the losers there! And welcome to the newbies!

Just got back from a 10 day camping/hiking excursion to Yellowstone and beyond. Fun, fun, fun... tent camping, hiking, long walks... not so fun - lack of sleep from worrying about bears, rain, and then deciding to "motel it" on the way back, resulting in wayyyyy too many dinners out!

Realized on this trip that I'm still struggling with eating off-plan - what was hard was that we were traveling with my parents who don't eat the best... I don't know how many times I heard "why don't we just stop and grab a burger?" And, they'd drink my water I brought along to supplement their soda pop habit. Seriously? And they KNEW I was on a plan... finally, by the sixth day, I did go off-plan and we ate at a pizza joint. TWICE. Glad to be back and on plan this week... will hopefully get more sleep, eat better, and get all my water in.

On the upside, folks, I was the one waiting on everyone to catch up this year on the walks. I didn't get nearly as hot; I played with my kids a ton; I didn't shy away from the photos; and I hung out at the pools without feeling self-conscious! Small victories... seeing the difference in where I've come.... makes me smile.
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 250/225.5/167

Height: 5'7"

faerychic--I'm sorry you were put on the wrong stabilization plan! How long will you be on stabilization?

Had WI today and I'm down to 225.5! Very happy with the weight loss so far on my official one week on plan. (I was 236.5 when I started on pre-conditioning). Good bye 10 pounds!!!
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 220/167/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I started MRC back in March and happy to report that I am 50 pounds lighter and 37 1/4 inches gone! I am having a ball buying new, smaller clothes! It is hard at times...especially when we go
out to eat as a family. It sure is tempting to order a nice, juicy burger. But I keep my eye on the prize and I know I can drop another 30 and reach my goal!
And a tip I found this weekend...I put one of my ready made vanilla drinks in the freezer to get cold. Well...I forgot about it and it froze. I cut away the box and poof...I had ice cream! It was delicious! I did it with my chocolate one too and it tastes just like chocolate ice cream!
kittyconni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #111  

Height: 5' 5"

Went to the cardiologist yesterday and got the best news ever. He's taking me off my last blood pressure pill. We're doing this as a trial, but this is the first time in 7 years I haven't had to take one. FYI, I was diagnosed with high BP 6 months after running a marathon. It's a genetic thing with me, not a weight thing. Lucky me.

He wants me to take my BP readings over the next month and if it starts to creep back up, I'm to call his nurse and probably start taking them again. I have a feeling it won't work, but just to know there is a chance is amazing.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi View Post
faerychic--I'm sorry you were put on the wrong stabilization plan! How long will you be on stabilization?

Had WI today and I'm down to 225.5! Very happy with the weight loss so far on my official one week on plan. (I was 236.5 when I started on pre-conditioning). Good bye 10 pounds!!!
Stabilization for the meta balance plan is 4 weeks - I am currently on the 2nd week. 3 weeks of adding food and omitting HNS's and the last week they give you you calorie guideline menu (I think for maintenance I will be between 1400-1500 calories.

Wow! 10 pounds is a great loss for the first week - keep up the good work and you'll be at goal in no time
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, been MIA for a while now. My dads health is getting worse, so much that my mom and I went to the funeral home to do some preplanning. Not sure when we will need it but wanted to take care of it now. I have been so off plan it isn't funny. I was struggle to stay OP and had actually done so with the scale rising. When I went in and gained 3.5lbs I had had enough. I haven't been able to get back on track. I feel as though I'm wasting my money on the products because staying 100% on program, drinking all my water and still gaining is not going to hack it. My stress levels are through the roof and it's just not something I can control. I'm still trying to make the best choices but when I'm at work early and late, at the hospital early and late, there just isn't enough time in the day to get it all in. I've been missing meals, supplements, water, etc. I know I need to take care of myself to be healthy for him and believe it or not I feel great even though my sleep is messed up and I'm stressing. I do believe if I hadn't already lost as much as I have up to now then with all this extra stress I might be in the bed next to him.
I got away this weekend for an all day outdoor music festival in Atlanta. It was hot hot hot and I was fine all day. Drank lots of water that day but normally I can't walk around that long in the heat. So I know I'm healthier than I have been, I do want to lose more weight but honestly I don't know if I can handle the extra stress of going to WI's and gaining every week. I did'nt WI last week and I do feel guilty, guess it's time to decide if I continue this program or just forfeit my remaining time. Ugh!
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

Fluffy- I hope you continue MRC the best you can. Stick several supplements in your purse so you always have them and make the best choices available when eating. We are going through something similar with hubby's mom so I read the forum to "decompress". Hope to see you on here when time allows.

Mr. Rogers said it best - “In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.”
lovetofishandrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Fluffy - Sending virtual hugs your way... You know? With all we go through, we need to remember, our life is waaayyyy more than program/off-program, exercise, water... these are tools to help us live, but they are not our life. You need to focus on yourself and your family during this time. Make the best choices you can... but my advice is to eat on "auto pilot"... it may get boring but just feed your body what you know will work... carry some extra supplements or bars... grab a salad whenever possible... keep a little cooler with spray dressing/condiments you can have... grab a grilled chicken sandwich... whatever. Just don't focus so much on what you eat. Make good choices, get some rest, and move on. Your focus is on living and taking care of your mom and dad... You have come waaayyyy to far to give up your program! Maybe just modify until you can get back in the swing of things, you know?

JenB- Congrats on the meds! Go, you!

Faerychic - I'm struggling with stabilization... we did the 6 week thing with adding new things and I'm just not one for change. I've just decided to add what I can when I can and not stress about it... I think I'll get my new menu this weekend, but my vacation kinda blew all that out of the water for a few weeks. But, onward and upward....
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #116  

Height: 5' 5"

Fluffy - My prayers are with you and your family. My advice for what it's worth, is make the best choices you can. I am an emotional eater too, so I know what you are talking about. As for your time at the center, if yours is anything like mine, they keep calling until you come in. Either go in or call them, and tell them that until things settle down and you aren't under so much stress, you won't be in. If they know what's going on, they may be rather understanding. When things happened to me, mine was kind enough to put my program on hold, or credited me time, so I didn't lose out on time. It should be the last thing you have to worry about right now.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Ugh. I'm struggling with social drinking (i.e. vodka sodas). It's very hard for me to meet my friends and not order a drink (or two), but I retain so much water the next day! I was supposed to WI today but decided to skip it and just go Friday. I will not have another drink and remain completely on plan until then. Hopefully I will be down to 180. I think it's doable because I've been weighing at home 181. I just need to stick to my guns!

Aug 4-11 we're going on a lake trip and I'd like to be as fit as possible!!
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
If you are on the meta slim plan then you have nothing to worry about as this is the plan the vast majority of clients are on. There has been a lot of employee turn over at my center - including management. They say they were never told about the meta balance stabilization, but someone there did tell me about it when I first started the plan. I am guessing it was the area manager that I met with on one occassion.
Faerychic- that is crazy! My center definitely says MetaBalance has a different, shorter stabilization plan. I am going to start the first week of August. I don't know anything more about it yet. Totally makes sense that you would struggle trying to do what they have had you do. Grrr.

I did reset my goal. But I am stabilizing on August 1 regardless of whether I am there or not. I have a big trip to Italy coming in October and I want a month of maintenance under my belt by then, no pun intended. I am happy with my progress, slow as it is. I have made an appointment for a BodPod bodyfat test in a couple weeks to get a really accurate percentage. You may recall it has continued to bug me that the center's scales say I am still so high. (it's down to 36% now but that is still considered high). I am continuing my once a week weight training sessions, then two lighter ones my own. I am about to have a birthday and I feel proud of what I am accomplishing at the age of 57!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyrae View Post
Ugh. I'm struggling with social drinking (i.e. vodka sodas). It's very hard for me to meet my friends and not order a drink (or two), but I retain so much water the next day! I was supposed to WI today but decided to skip it and just go Friday. I will not have another drink and remain completely on plan until then. Hopefully I will be down to 180. I think it's doable because I've been weighing at home 181. I just need to stick to my guns!

Aug 4-11 we're going on a lake trip and I'd like to be as fit as possible!!
Sonny, this has been an issue for me since day one. Sometimes I seem to get away with it, other times it really stops my loss. My trainer told me that the day after big alcohol I should drink a quart of water all at once (or within 30 min) as soon as a wake up, then twice more during the day. She swears that flushes out the water retention or whatever. I find it hard not to eat off plan when I drink, too. But it is such a part of my social life, I just don't have the willpower to resist. At least try to alternate glasses of water with drinks when you are out. I have lost 32 pounds while still drinking but that's probably why it has taken so long. If you can abstain for a couple weeks you might see a big big drop that would be worth it....you could even enlist a drinking pal to try it with you....

Last edited by camaswa; 07-17-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #120  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
Hi all, been MIA for a while now. My dads health is getting worse, so much that my mom and I went to the funeral home to do some preplanning. Not sure when we will need it but wanted to take care of it now. I have been so off plan it isn't funny. I was struggle to stay OP and had actually done so with the scale rising. When I went in and gained 3.5lbs I had had enough. I haven't been able to get back on track. I feel as though I'm wasting my money on the products because staying 100% on program, drinking all my water and still gaining is not going to hack it. My stress levels are through the roof and it's just not something I can control. I'm still trying to make the best choices but when I'm at work early and late, at the hospital early and late, there just isn't enough time in the day to get it all in. I've been missing meals, supplements, water, etc. I know I need to take care of myself to be healthy for him and believe it or not I feel great even though my sleep is messed up and I'm stressing. I do believe if I hadn't already lost as much as I have up to now then with all this extra stress I might be in the bed next to him.
I got away this weekend for an all day outdoor music festival in Atlanta. It was hot hot hot and I was fine all day. Drank lots of water that day but normally I can't walk around that long in the heat. So I know I'm healthier than I have been, I do want to lose more weight but honestly I don't know if I can handle the extra stress of going to WI's and gaining every week. I did'nt WI last week and I do feel guilty, guess it's time to decide if I continue this program or just forfeit my remaining time. Ugh!
Oh Fluffy, how difficult. I have been there. Don't let your program add to your stress! Maybe if you went in and talked about it? Don't even let them weigh you, just talk about a plan for putting things on hold maybe?

You cant focus on the food right now. You have to be there for your mom, keep a good game face on for him, and have the presence of mind to take care of the zillion things that are inevitably going to need taking care of. If probably feels like you don't even have time to be sad. Losing my dad was the toughest thing in my entire life. Just be present, love him openly, and help him go. My heart is with you.