Old 06-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Tips for getting back on track?

What does everyone do after a vacation or some other time period when you gain? Especially you maintainers? Do you do MetaQuick or go back on the green menu, or do just protein and veggies, or ??? I went on a four-day trip and am up 2 pounds this morning. I really expected it, so I'm not devastated or anything. I just figure this is what real life is like. That said, I will find myself on that slippery slope if I don't get it off pretty quickly. What works for you?
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

I have gone back to the yellow menu after having a few days of off plan eating (so no creamies or bars). I don't do well with metaquick - the shakes make me want to eat salty crunchy food (I think it is the texture and sweetness). Although one of the consultants at my center recently told me that I could do bars only for meta quick instead of a bar and a shake or 2 shakes (but I have not tried it yet).
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I go back to the yellow or green menu, depending upon the severity of my slip... heehee... Metaquick is okay, but the bars and shakes seem to be a trigger for me.

I also try to stay away from dairy and cheeses, even the on-plan ones... I seem to gain with these. For my veggies, I try to do green ones - broccoli, lettuce, spinach,... etc.... For some reason, fish helps me to "de-tox" so I do Tilapia and tuna...

For me, the key to getting back on track is to journal everything. It's so easy to not put something in the journal or get used to having "itty bitty bites" of stuff... I also try to increase my water like a mad woman and rest, rest, rest...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #4  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Another idea might be to do the "pre-conditioning" menu for a week...making sure to do 3 fibers a day with it. Yes, we all face these setbacks!! NOT fun...because I personally don't like going back to such restriction, but I am the one that puts myself there...lol.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Not really related, but I love seeing everyone's join date when they have reached their goal. That is so inspiring, to know in a few short months I will be a maintainer too!
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #6  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

In the same boat. Just got back today from 4 day camping trip w family

Drinking tons of water right now to flush out the cheese nips and fritoes!! Planning on 2 eggs in the am w fruit, 4 syntrax shakes, protein bar for lunch and salad and fish for dinner. Lots and lots of water tomorrow too

Power walk in the am!!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/148

Height: 5'11

I'll have to try going back to the yellow menu. Got back from a wedding. I had little bites of Off plan food but am 100% on again. I think it was way too soon to eat off plan though. Its a slippery slope!
The Jolly Green Bran is offline   Reply With Quote