Old 04-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #31  
Idaho

Height: 5'7"

Galadreal - Haven't tried the pudding??!! I live for the pudding.

JenB - cracking up today thinking about "losing" a significant amount of weight. I do have to say, however, that I am sometimes hesitant to comment on someone's weight loss if I don't know them that well (coworkers that aren't in my group...) because one time I did and got the response, "Yeah, that's what cancer does to you". So now I am paranoid.
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #32  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

we had open faced Bambi burgers for lunch...and my husband just keeps telling me I should not call them that. I completely forgot that I could have venison for buffalo as one of my standard meats...so tasty!!! And so not chicken. But so expensive. There is one local place that sells bison burger for $7 a pound (according to their website), so I am just trying to decided if I want to internet order meat. Has anyone else ordered that kind of stuff online? I know my family sent me Omaha Steaks one year for christmas, but I am just hesitant about meat through the mail.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

Galadreal - I have found bison at WM (I know you have one or two of those up there!!) and Harp's has it in frozen food area. I like to mix it with ground turkey but it is good on its own.
lovetofishandrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 279/248.7/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Second Weigh in this week

I live almost an hour away from the MRC office. I had to be in the city anyway so I stopped in two days after my last appointment and was pleasantly surprised to have a .5 loss. My new focus needs to be packing the correct food on errand day. I took a clear drink but not food. Ended up stopping by a grocery store because I didn't dare attempt to go to to any restaurant. Next time I will pack my meal! Is is possible I felt the sensation of being thirsty for the first time in years? I think I had lost the ability to be thirsty and have been living dehydrated for years, only drinking coffee and soda.
Rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 218.2/201.8/165

Height: 5 ft 7 inches

Default hi

Just saying hello. I am new to this program and trying to read up and get as much information as possible. And can anyone tell me how to add the ticker? Thanks!
sots mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #36  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Wow!!!

Congratulations on the losses, everyone!!! great news from my doctor today! Cholestrol is down to 164 and sugar is down to 90. my mom and grandmother both had diabetes so i always get my sugar checked. and i'm fitting into clothes i haven't worn in 2 years!!
someone mentioned fudgecicles the other day so found some sugar free ones at Publix the other day...only 40 cal. and great for a little treat!
i started digging in my closet and trying on stuff i haven't worn in years! and most fit! there were a couple things that were tight but not uncomfortable. to tell you the truth, i've been wearing baggy clothes for the last month because i liked the loose feeling and felt good to have the slack in the clothes. some blouses that i never thought i'd ever get in again fit! so cool! i went to Ross for Less and bought a few trendy things - really cool black lace skirt! and awesome sandals w/ platforms! i'm so used to things not fitting but this time everything did and i was tempted to buy all of it but made myself just buy a few things. i really do have alot of closets i can shop from at home! we had such a mild winter i didn't even get a chance to wear all of my boots and coats (really need to donate some stuff!!!) 86 degrees today! and it's not even summer yet....
Still at 166 and need to step up the water - i'm sticking to the plan and drinking the protein shakes but just need to get more water in. i'm outside sales so have been in situations where i really have to go and have to find a bathroom between appts! :-) hope everyone is doing good!

Last edited by bigdog; 04-04-2012 at 10:50 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #37  
Motivated Member

tried the Syntrax Variety from Diet Direct and all the flavors are pretty good! Chocolate Truffle is still my favorite, Vanilla Bean 2nd... The Roadside Lemonade is good, The Caribbean tastes just like a Pina Colada!, the Strawberry mousse is excellent mixed with frozen strawberries and water in the blender. will definitely order again. like this brand instead of the protein powder i was buying at GNC or Walmart...doesn't bother my stomach like those did (i'm lactose intolerant so it was prob. the milk products in them) loving the 23 grams of protein! and 0 fat and sugar.
for a meal replacement, the Strawberry Yogurt Smoothies are excellent (Wonderslim brand)
i never thought this would happen but i don't miss all the carbs i used to eat... even the popcorn my DH eats every night doesn't bother me! and the oreos... i just make myself a chocolate truffle shake or have some greek yogurt w/ berries and all is cool! this plan is for life and i'm loving it!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #38  
bespectacled weirdo

Great Job Bigdog!! I always hated having my chesterol done, it is always too high, though oddly enough last time I had it done the one that was so high was the good cholesterol...but still doctor called me naughty.

I am working through the variety pack now, and I love the Chocolate Truffle and the vanilla makes me think of a vanilla milkshake. I miss milk. I already ordered some of the big jars becuase they are great for after a workout, my husband and split a scoop. Milk protien is better for getting your muscles back in shape after a workout. A recently published article says you actually build 20% more muscle if you drink a glass of milk after a workout as opposed to other forms of protien. Since these are whey based, I am hoping it is the same.

Also really like the strawberry mouse. I guess I am ok with the other fruity flavors, but I have missed milk and chocolate so much that I amjust reveling in those.

Last edited by Galadreal; 04-05-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #39  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
selway-I'm with you on loving the Easter candy. I started the day after Halloween and made it through that, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's day all without going off plan. But the robin's eggs...and since I'm at maintenance...but I am not going to buy them. It's a slippery slope. Like you learned with the peanuts...trigger foods need to stay in the store. Dark chocolate I can eat in limited portion, milk chocolate candies send me into a downward spiral. So I'm not buying any Easter candy (I bought starburts and ring pops for the kids, no temptation here). I have my menu for the day planned out.

y-congrats on getting into the dresses...how fun!

Great job to everyone who has lost. I officially switched to maintenance today so we figured out my calorie range. We decided to keep it a bit lower so I can lose the last pound in the next week or two, then slowly up my calories, or keep them at the lower end and have one treat meal a week. A lot of learning. And a big one for me has been to remain focused on the veggies and lean protein even when adding in other foods.
when i get my veggies in each day, i'll lose. i do believe there is some truth in the starvation mode that prevents losing - i used to think if i don't eat or eat less, i'll lose and that's not true! when i have a couple salads a day for lunch and dinner w/ lean protein and my usual eggs and grapefruit for breakfast is when i'm successful. and making sure i get enough water.

are you drinking the HNSs while doing maintenance? they really help me in losing weight and keeping me full - wasn't sure if you guys in maintenance are continuing them.
Thanks for sharing!! i learn something new every day on these boards :-)
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #40  
Motivated Member

Default Shout out to Camaswa!!!

hey, girl, what is up with you? we miss you on the boards!!!!!!!!
i know you have a smart phone and carry with you all the time so i know you are reading this :-) give us a shout and get us updated!

Happy Spring!

P.S. i'm thinking about buying some dark chocolate Dove candy and need your guidance!!!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Congrats to everyone! I weighed in yesterday and lost 4.5 pounds... after a 4.5 pound gain earlier (stress and sleep issues at it again) so I'm back to 165.5 - the lowest I've ever been. So happy to be back to losing.

Also started back to Zumba this week, which has helped my mood so much! I never really realized how much my mood was dependant on exercise until I could no longer do it for a week and a half. But it did have an impact on my mood and appetite and everything.

Galadreal - your "child bearing hips" and Bambi burgers crack me up. I sat here and laughed at my desk... I love your outlook. Could you tell me what you season the venison with? We have some deer meat and I usually put it in cassaroles (and the MRC Texas Chili) and such, but never as a burger patty...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #42  
Motivated Member

Way to go Rachel~~~~ nothing feels as good as thin feels!! woo hoo!!!
Galadreal - you do crack me up and i think big old belly laughs burn calories!! my DH is always asking me what is so funny and i'll say, reading my protein buddy's blogs LOL!
yesterday i had back to back appointments and no food, no protein bars inthe car...saw the Wendy's and McDs and was like oh HE!! No, so dug around in my center console and found some Ostrich jerky - sweet pepper flavor that i had ordered from Diet Direct. Don't know if the Center would approve, but Hey, it's ALL protein! and kept me from the fast food drive thru. have to keep my energy up because i am on FIRE in the sales this month.
Galadreal, i like the Choc. truffle and Vanilla the best because i do miss milk...not that gung ho about the fruity flavors but they are good on the boat mixed w/ a little bit of vodka. have to have a little cocktail on the sunset cruises :-) even when i'm limiting my Mich Ultra 2.3 carbs, i'm not gaining but i am chasing w/ lots of water. and now i'll have one or two, not 4 or 5 like back in the day!!!! (which led to overeating...)
So ready for the Weekend!!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #43  
Motivated Member

what made me mad was i called my doc to get the results and she didn't even make any remarks about how low it was or even comment on my weight loss. GEEZ, it's a Big deal, lady!! it was 200 and even my sugar was down. my DH is in excellent shape but his chlosteral is super high and has to be on meds... i think it just runs high - was over 300 but now i think it's 250 - he eats what i eat, but does supplement w/ Sonic double burgers and fries and eats 3 times the portions i do. he's a Chef though so on his feet 10 hours a day vs. me sitting down alot in my job...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadreal View Post
Great Job Bigdog!! I always hated having my chesterol done, it is always too high, though oddly enough last time I had it done the one that was so high was the good cholesterol...but still doctor called me naughty.

I am working through the variety pack now, and I love the Chocolate Truffle and the vanilla makes me think of a vanilla milkshake. I miss milk. I already ordered some of the big jars becuase they are great for after a workout, my husband and split a scoop. Milk protien is better for getting your muscles back in shape after a workout. A recently published article says you actually build 20% more muscle if you drink a glass of milk after a workout as opposed to other forms of protien. Since these are whey based, I am hoping it is the same.

Also really like the strawberry mouse. I guess I am ok with the other fruity flavors, but I have missed milk and chocolate so much that I amjust reveling in those.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #44  
bespectacled weirdo

Rachaels77, I don't really season them with anything, maybe a little pepper and a tiny tiny dash of sea-salt. Honestly when I grill I just love the nice smokey flavor that they get. I love setting food on fire, what can I say. Ok, well it is not technically on fire, and now that husband starts the grill for me neither am I. It has been several years since I did that, thank goodness. I really like having eyebrows. But yeah, for the last 2 weekends in a row that has been my Sunday afternoon project, fire up the charcoal and grill up 8- chicken breasts and whatever other meat I have lying around the house. it makes fixing lunch alot quicker to just toss in some grilled sliced chicken and a salad or brussel sprouts.

I want to try Zumba, they offer classes at the college where I work, and I can take any of them for free, part of me is just worried about going into a class with a bunch of teeny tiny size 2 women and my big of floppy self...shimmying and shaking and jiggling all over. Ugh, nightmare time. Maybe after I get a bit more of ye ol' body confidence back.

Bigdog, glad I could be of service, give the 3rd greatest gift, laughter (sorry, I watched the new Muppet movie this last weekend). It does suck that the doc did not say any kind of encouragment, especially when you consider what kind of harpies they are if you get bad results.

Never tried Ostrich, but I think it would be approved. And it is certainly better than falling prey to the fast food demons that haunt the roads, attempting to lure you into the sweet sweet embrace of steak & shake (my own personal demon, they keep sending me coupons, and even though they go straight into the recycle I still have time to see the shakes. Drooool!!).

I don't drink much (I am high on life...no, not really) I am just clumsy enough as it is that adding anything to that would make it very bad, even having a couple beers and trying to navigate my way around the house can turn into an obstical course. The cats seem to find it hilarious to trip us normally, woe to the wary traveler who has to get up and use the bathroom in the night with the lights out, or the slightly inebriated person who gets up to go to the kitchen for more beer.

Last edited by Galadreal; 04-05-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Way to go Rachael. That ais great. Back on track and able to work out again has to feel wonderful.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote