Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #121  

I've even done the apples with the splenda & cinn in the micro if I'm in a rush and they are good (more of a baked apple). For Thanksgiving to stay OP I did a bunch of them in a crockpot (peeled, sliced apples) with a little water and cinnamon and splenda so I knew I'd have "dessert"...they were a hit with everyone (I almost didn't get any!)
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
I've even done the apples with the splenda & cinn in the micro if I'm in a rush and they are good (more of a baked apple). For Thanksgiving to stay OP I did a bunch of them in a crockpot (peeled, sliced apples) with a little water and cinnamon and splenda so I knew I'd have "dessert"...they were a hit with everyone (I almost didn't get any!)

This sounds wonderful.. How long did you leave in crockpot..Did you use the ground cinnamon spice or a cinnamon stick? I will definately try this.
Patzi
Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #123  

Jen...
I have been with you on this journey, and I am so excited for you.. Two pounds to go how exciting.. You must be elated over this.. You deserve an applause...

Patzi
Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #124  

I used ground cinnamon, mixed it with splenda. I didn't write down how much I did, it would be to your liking (some recipes called for nutmeg). I peeled and cut them, filled the crockpot with them, I think I cooked them 3-4 hours on low. Some recipes call for butter or apple cider on them, but I just did the apples with the splenda and cinnamon (1 tsp-ish of ground cinnamon, amount of splenda depends on the sweetness of the apple and if you want tart or sweet).
Old 03-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Why do you think it's called cheating?

Or maybe question is actually WHO exactly am I cheating? Just "food" for thought...
Old 03-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
I use my mandolin slicer to thinly slice up an apple. I sprinkle each slice with a little splenda and cin. I bake them for an hour at a low temp. It makes crispy sweet apple chips. Sooo good! I also do this with zucchini and then dip them in cottage cheese blended with ranch seasoning. Those are my favorite snack type foods.
Susie, I tried this with zucchini and the slices were so thin they stuck to rhe baking pan. Disaster. Did you oil it first? Or brush oil on the chips? And how hot was the oven? I really wanted this to work!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

Height: 5'6"

the apple slices with cinnamon and sweetner sound good. I will have to try those this weekend.
I won a bottle of the Internal Cleanser as a prize item at my center -- has anyone used this supplemental? if so, have any side effects from it?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

How about yellow squash?? I am a salty girl - don't really crave sweets if they are not around.
Do y'all use the Lavash bread?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

WI tonight and down 3.5lbs. It was a pleasant surprise after holding 1.5 lbs last week in water weight.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #130  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Jen...
I have been with you on this journey, and I am so excited for you.. Two pounds to go how exciting.. You must be elated over this.. You deserve an applause...

Patzi
Thanks, Patzi! I'm beyond excited about being 2 pounds from goal and I'm also in a bit of a catch-22 this weekend. I'm actually running a 15K race tomorrow (9.3 miles). It was one of those things I needed to do to feel like my old self again (pre-married, pre-pregnancy, pre-mommy) and prove I can do this. I'm not going for speed or personal best times or anything like that. I just need to say I can still do this. I am incredibly excited, however, my body needs fuel to do this. Unfortunately, that fuel for running is usually straight up carbs. I did one race while on program and didn't eat any carbs before and it was a disaster of a race. So, I had a long discussion with my counselors yesterday and we came up with a plan (they are even in the race and gave me one of their center's shirts so we can all match. ) They are supportive of eating some carbs ahead of time as this is "race fuel" as opposed to me eating carbs just for the sake of it and there being no legit purpose for it other than I felt like it. Make sense? Besides, I didn't come all this way, get two pounds from goal, just to gain weight after running a 15K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
WI tonight and down 3.5lbs. It was a pleasant surprise after holding 1.5 lbs last week in water weight.
Congrats, FIF!!! That's an awesome number!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburningmama View Post
I won a bottle of the Internal Cleanser as a prize item at my center -- has anyone used this supplemental? if so, have any side effects from it?
Congrats! I have tried that one in the past. Side effects...well...it does what it's supposed to do.

Last edited by JenB72; 03-09-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #131  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Kind of frustrated today. After 1 week on conditioning and 2 weeks on program, I am down 8 pounds of fat (I gaine 1.5 pounds of water weight, thank you hormones) and 4.75 inches. I know it is not bad, but it just feels so slow. I mean I officially started the plan (after preconditioning) on the 25th of last month. But I actually lost more in preconditioning that I am now. I have only been losing 1-1.5 pounds at each weigh in. And I know that is twice a week, but it is still crazy slow. I know part of it is the PCOS, but I feel like I am flogging myself to death at the gym (once again I know that will pass when I am not so hormonal), and not enjoying my food, and just generally frustrated with the whole situation. I know, this too shall pass, but this morning I am having a hard time not raiding the candy dishes placed all over my damned office.

Seriously, i like my job, but one of the problems with working in a large office with lots of other women is that there is chocolate just a few feet away at any given moment, and this morning I feel very...strained towards it.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #132  

Jen...'
Are they having you eat a straight carb or a carb and protein together, and a did they suggest what kind of carb.. I do walks on occasion, and would love to know this..

Thanks
Patzi
Old 03-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #133  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Jen...'
Are they having you eat a straight carb or a carb and protein together, and a did they suggest what kind of carb.. I do walks on occasion, and would love to know this..

Thanks
Patzi
Carb and protein. For instance, my pre-race go-to breakfast is a small plain bagel with peanut butter and a banana. They even suggested bringing one of my Meal Replacement Bars to help with the protein side of things. As for the carbs for dinner, whole-grain or wheat pasta was their suggestion.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #134  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

excellent recommendation for the workout video~~ thks,

If anyone needs a recommendation on a strength training video you can do at home I highly recommend Jackie WArner's Power Circuit (she's got a few, that's my favorite...along with the xtreme time saver). I've been doing the 40 minute full body workout 2x a week and seeing a huge difference. There's also a 15 minute full body that gets all the body parts (and probably the best place to start if you aren't used to strength training). There are also 15 minute sections for abs (killer), legs, and arms if you just want to focus on one area. I just got done with the 40 and I'm all sweaty and muscles shakey so I know I worked it[/QUOTE]
Old 03-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #135  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

i love Miss Vicky's jalepeno chips and my DH buys them all the time. i measured out 40 cal. of the chips and had those for dinner in place of the 40 Cal. lite bread or melba toast. it was a small portion but satisfied my craving and i didn't eat the whole bag. did not gain that week either. not sure what the Center would say about that but it worked for me :-)
and what's funny about that is after i ate them, realized they were no big deal and actually prefered my garlic melba toast i usually eat w/ my salads

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKatydid View Post
Jen and Patzi, I know y'all are right - believe me I do. Its ridiculously sad that I am this addicted to food, but if I think that I won't have chips until June, I may kind of freak. . Sad but true. Anyway. I am hoping that I am strong enough when it comes to it that I will be resolved to stay op. but for me of I take it out of my head at this point I may just quit.
I'm sorry to have started all this controversy. I just want some chips people! Hee hee
Closed Thread