3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Metabolic Research Center

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #31
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachels77 View Post
Yay for the bootcut jeans! And, you're right... I've seen alot of 20-somethings and some teens with the muffin top! Yikes... I'm like you... it's sad. I remember being a size 9/10 in high school and thinking I was so huge! What I would give to go back and tell that teenager to hang on to your health and value your body and appreciate where you are, no matter the size...

Congrats, BigDog! You're on a roll!

Baby Doll - Congrats on the weight loss! So happy for you! I remember crying as I left the center with those happy tears! Go, you!
i was small in Jr. high and high school. athletic, played all sports, rode my bike everywhere - pretty much ate what i wanted. used to prance around in hot pants and halter tops. my two older sisters who were always plus size kept telling me it would catch up w/ me. they had the boobs in the family - i was a member of the itty bitty t*tty club! they'd hold up my tiny little halters and make fun of me. Jealous!!! :-) went to college, gained the typical freshman 20! and still thought i was hot (i was!) and some guy called me Thunder thighs. i was like, who is HE talking to? i always had so much confidence and for him to say that, all of a sudden i started getting self conscious and covering up, working out less...it's crazy. plus all that nasty food in the cafeteria, everything was breaded and fried... so here i am :-)

Never let anyone dull your sparkle! 🌟
Old 03-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #32

Height: 5' 5"

Just had to share this. Told a co-worker about my stabilization party tonight. She wanted to celebrate my achievement...

With A Cake! Yes! A Cake!

Really?!

Last edited by JenB72; 03-02-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #33

S/C/G: 198/173/130

Height: 5'2

Default Seriously?

A cake?!? Come on!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #34

Height: 5' 5"

She was completely serious and didn't understand my disbelief. Then again, she's told me for years she wanted to lose weight. Uh, hello?! This is part of your problem. She's asked me about MRC many times, but she's not serious about wanting to lose weight. Says she loves food too much.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #35

Maybe she meant steak Yup, lots of people ask what I've been doing but few are willing to actually change their life. I've been making a list of things I need to do to maintain...like keeping salads and veggie soups and veggie dishes a big part of my life...having just a few different rotating breakfast and lunch options...and my favorite, exercise!
Old 03-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #36

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I am a huge fan of boot cut jeans. I bought my first pair about 2 years ago and am kind of bummed that they are too big now. I will definately be getting more of those.

Jen I hope you have a wonderful time at your stabilization party. Celebrate with a nice crispy salad and STEAK instead of cake. That's pretty funny!

I went to WI today during my lunch break and was down 3.5 which let me sign the 60 pound board. So I was only 2 days short of signing in February. I have really been focused and it has paid off. My new goal is to focus the entire month of March to reach my MRC goal by the end of the month. MRC goal is 185 while my personal goal is 180. I am hoping that with continued exercise I will loss a little while on stabilization. Once I get a little closer to the 185 I may decide that I'm happy there. I feel so much better now then I did just a few months ago. And the funny thing is I never knew that I felt that "bad" a few months ago.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #37

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Just had to share this. Told a co-worker about my stabilization party tonight. She wanted to celebrate my achievement...

With A Cake! Yes! A Cake!

Really?!

Okay... That's scary. And sad... and confusing. Some people just don't get it. I can't say much... last week I told my mom we should grab a salad or something for lunch. She said that she wanted cashew chicken and couldn't I just go off it for a bit? Seriously?

BigDog - Oh dear! Sad about the guy calling you a name. I think it's so important to stress to our children how hurtful those things are... everyone remembers those hurtful, mean names and sayings LOOOONNNNGGG into adulthood.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #38

I was told today the Super Chocolate Drink mix we make the brownies with has been discontinued.

Patzi
Old 03-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #39
Motivated Member

congratulations Ynapier!!!
sounds like everyone is refocusing - myself included :-)

Gina, definitely having the right foods on hand is the key to success. when i have a big bowl of salad and veggies already cut up or put in ziplock bags, it's easier for me to stay on plan when it's available. keeps me from grabbing "bad" choices.

i'm thinking of a job change and waiting for a "sign" to make the move. Off topic but on my mind big time!!!!

Should i stay or should i go?...(isn't that a song?) :-)

Old 03-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #40

So here's how the day at the conference (food wise) went down. The breakfast was supposed to be casseroles, muffins, etc. So there COULD have been a perfect egg casserole I could have eaten, but you never know. I asked DH if he thought I should just go late and have breakfast at home or chance it...he said eat at home, know what you're eating. That was perfect advice. Got there just as they finished eating. Then lunch was a box lunch from Panera...complete with a huge turkey sandwich in which the bread along was probably 200-300 calories, a bag of chips, a cookie as big as my head, and an apple. Gave away the chips right away, threw the cookie in my bag to give to DH, put all of the turkey and spinach on just part of the bread (I'll skip my bread at supper and I skipped my dairy I was supposed to have at breakfast), ate a bunch of cherry tomatoes I brought with me, and the apple. So as best as I could be I was on plan. Now just for a big salad with chicken for supper. And to think in the past I would have eaten the whole sandwich and chips and cookie...and probably still would have snacked on chocolate! Eating with that way of thinking...decreasing the bread, not having chips or cookie, is something I can do.

I think I am read to switch to stabilization. I've done a lot of thinking about it and I really like my weight right here. Now if I lose some on stabilization, great. But right here I really am happy with where I am. Not just because I'm frustrated, I've actually been losing again. But because I'm ready. I'll talk to my consultant Monday and see. Since I'm an at home client I'm not exactly sure how it will work, I think she'll be sending me the plan and talking me through it.

Last edited by nwcgina; 03-03-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #41

bigdog-did you hit your goal??? Last I read you were a pound or two away, but I just looked at your ticker....
Old 03-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #42
Motivated Member

Gina. One more pound to go! I had a couple mich ultras last nite so did not weigh in this am . Will wait till Sunday
Good job at the conference. Isn't it amazingthatevery event seems to have food and cocktails? I've gotten really good at picking out ingredients on plan out of meals. Like if there is pizza I blot it with a napkin to remove excess oil and eat the meat and veggies and some of the cheese leaving the crust. Subs I eat the meat and veggies and a bite of bread
In the am I eat grapefruit and eggs. I'd rather have the carbs in the fruit than my usual lite toast

Had some non fat Greek yogurt today w Splenda and cinnamon. It was really good!

Old 03-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #43
Motivated Member

Hey I wonder when I get to goal weight if my ticker
Will dance and sing?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #44
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I was told today the Super Chocolate Drink mix we make the brownies with has been discontinued.

Patzi
what's the nutritional break down? i bet we can find something similar on Diet Direct or Nashua Nutrition... let me know and i'll do some research for ya.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #45
Motivated Member

Default high protein low carb low fat chocolate brownie

High Protein, Low Carb, Low Fat CHOCOLATE BROWNIE!!!
Submitted by: JULZDANCERUNS

Yes, I did just use the terms high protein, low carb, low fat, CHOCOLATE, and brownie in a recipe title... this isn't a lie folks, it's a tried and true concoction that is sure to knock your socks off! I bet you thought you'd never hear healthy and heavenly words combined in the same sentence, let alone, recipe! But here we have it... a brownie that is so good for you, and unbelievelably good to eat!

AND... it's a single serve recipe (so no temptations... even the best of foods should be eaten in moderation), takes but a minute to prepare, and an even shorter amount of time to make (plus it's microwavable!).

So enjoy this miraculouse, devine, and oh so delicous treat! I know that I have. Happy healthy eating!

Minutes to Prepare: 3

Minutes to Cook: 1

Number of Servings: 1

Ingredients

1 Scoop (approximately 1/4 cup) Designer Whey Protein Powder, Chocolate
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Tablespoon Mott's Plus Applesauce
1 Tablespoon Water
1 Pack Stevia (Splenda is O.K., too)
1 oz. Philidelphia Fat-Free Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Syrup

Directions

Combine Protein Powder, Cinnamon, Applesauce, Vanilla, and Water into a Microwave safe Coffee mug (or if you're really cool, a ramkin ). Mix ingredients thouroughly until a "brownie like batter consistency" is achieved.

Next, add in Splenda, mixing it in evenly with the rest of the mixture. Once complete with mixing, insert Coffee mug into microwave.Cook on High for approximately one minute (Note: microwave powers may vary).

Remove from microwave, and tip over mug onto a plate. You may have to use a fork to remove sides of the "brownie", but it always falls out nicely for me.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 143.5
Total Fat: 2.0 g
Cholesterol: 5.0 mg
Sodium: 195.2 mg
Total Carbs: 8.4 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
Protein: 23.0 g

I thought this looked really good, havent tried it yet becuz i don't have the applesauce but i may try some substitutes :-) like berries...

Last edited by bigdog; 03-03-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Closed Thread