Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:34 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
GOAL, BABY!!!! 81 POUNDS LOST!!!!!

Congratulations Jen on reaching your goal weight!
Any big celebration plans?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

Congrats, Jen! That is awesome!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #273  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations Jen on reaching your goal!!! Sounds like everyone is right on track and realizing that nothing feels as good as thin feels!
i ordered the variety pack of Syntrax Nectar and checking out some new flavors. Grapefruit is ok but couldn't buy the big container of it. Chocolate Truffle is still my favorite. The Vanilla Bean is very good and would be very good w/ frozen berries in the blender so will definitely order that again. my brother in law is visiting this weekend and was laughing at my protein shelves in the cupboard :-)
remember the Doctor's CarbRite Diet Extra Rich & Fudgy Brownies i was talking about? yum!! (from Diet Direct) i used unsweetened applesauce instead of the 1/2 cup of butter it called for and they came out perfect. i made them in a muffin pan. Dark chocolate goodness!! just don't eat too many of them at one time - (TMI) bit of a laxative if you do! when they first came out of the oven, i had 3 of them! Bad, Big Dog, Bad!!! now i limit to one a day and keep them in zip locks in fridge.
Ate at the new Italian restaurant in town since In laws are in and dining out again tonight..seriously is that all people do now adays - go out to eat? LOL! doesn't it seem like there could be other activities that don't involve food!? last night all they had was Pasta dishes so got shrimp scampi w/ salad... ate tiny bit of pasta and shrimp and salad, took rest home and hope my BIL eats the rest of it! tonight seafood restaurant but actually just feel like a salad w/ maybe tuna or fish on it. actually tired of eating! did have the homemade bread w/ olive oil last night...still feel full... had 3 HNSs today, greek yogurt and strawberries since i'll be out to dinner tonight...
so friday was 166 and not weighing in again till tuesday or wed! going out on boat tomorrow so know there will be beer...but will be Mich Ultra and i'll drink water too! kind of glad all our family live out of town except for dad and mum in law because it seems like everytime family is around, there is tons of food to avoid!
hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #274  

Congratulations Jen .. I am so happy for you.. Enjoy your accomplishment.

Patzi
Old 03-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Congrats, Jenn! And BigDog- I love that you have a plan and are adapting it with guests and all!

I'm doing great! Weighed in today and lost 2.5 pounds since Tuesday! Yippee!

Enjoying being outide and played for two hours with my kids and they loved it. Love the energy that came with losing this weight!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #276  

Way to go, Jen!!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 252/235/135

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. I am new. I have read over this forum and everyone seems so helpful and kind. I hope to find support and advice here. I had my consultation yesterday, and I started pre-conditioning today. My food class is on Friday. I am excited to lose this weight once and for all!
Old 03-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #278  

Congratulations Jen. You must feel fantastic.

I hit 199.4 today. I had tears streaming because I've worked so hard to get under 200. I'm down 80 pounds total, 35 since starting MRC.

Chickadee
Old 03-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #279  

Chickadee-that is amazing. Welcome to one-derland! Keep moving forward and don't look back!
Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #280  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PianoGirl78 View Post
Hi everyone. I am new. I have read over this forum and everyone seems so helpful and kind. I hope to find support and advice here. I had my consultation yesterday, and I started pre-conditioning today. My food class is on Friday. I am excited to lose this weight once and for all!
Welcome!!! This board has been as important to me for support as going into the center has. Feel free to chime in often. The ladies here are an invaluable source of knowledge and support.

Chickadee - Congrats!!!! You are doing awesome! Keep it up!

You don't know how much I appreciate everyone for all your kind words! I'll make it official tomorrow at my weigh in. I can't wait. I couldn't have done this without you all. So from me to all of you...THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Jen!! What an awesome accomplishment.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'3

Chickadee--that is amazing! I am really amazed at how much you've lost so far!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 252/235/135

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the welcome Jen! And congrats on your accomplishment! I hope to be as succesful as you on this plan.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #284  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Wow, busy weekend. Congrats Jen!! That is awesome. Chickadee, also doing great! Hi to the new peeps...now running back to the grill before my turkey burgers burn. First BBQ of the season! Grilled up some chicken breast (more blackened that I had planned, but oh well) a couple of steaks for later in the week, and a few turkey burgers for tonight. Life is good, and I love setting things on fire. Ok, not myself...been there, done that, lost the eyebrows, but food, I love to cook outside.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #285  

I start maintenance today. I feel great that I was able to eat out this weekend and spend all day at the zoo and was able to eat sensibly (basically OP, little too much cheese & bread at supper) and just adjust the next day by cutting out most of my carbs and any of the added fat (no cheese). I also had one of my best 3 mile runs ever yesterday...I kept thinking "a year ago I had 35 more pounds when I was training for the Warrior Dash...that would be like carrying one of my kids for the entire run!" I felt so good, my arthritis isn't happy with me today, but I"m happy.

So I'm trying to decide how to continue tracking my food. I've been using my own paper sheet that I made so I could fax it in. I don't think I'm going to continue faxing unless I start having problems. I've started tracking on MFP which is helpful. I also have a "fitbook" my sister gave me when I hit my goal of the first 15 lbs. It gives you a place to track food, workouts, goals, etc. It is strange not to have any weight goals (besides maintaining) or even any girth goals. The thing that worries me about the fitbook is that I don't know how well it will work for planning out my meals. Maybe I"ll plan my meals on MFP at the beginning of the week then track them in the fitbook. I don't know if I would use fitbook if I didn't have it...but I think she has one and wants to get on track.

For those of you on maintenance, what is the biggest mistake you made or others made when you switched to maintenance? Figuring out exactly how I want to track my food and plan my meals (i.e. keep using the same paper? MFP? Fitbook?) is my first concern.

Last edited by nwcgina; 03-26-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Closed Thread