Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #61  
OnAMission

S/C/G: 159.4 / 159.4 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
i didn't know that GNC sold it..i order from Diet Direct $34.99 for the large container and Chocolate Truffle is my favorite. i like the Roadside Lemonade too (the orange was too much like Tang) i use my single serve blender and mix with ice and water...def. does not mix with hot water at all - you can't even put in blender w/ hot water - i always drink w/ a straw and to me it's like a chocolate shake. i love it w/ left over cold coffee for a mocha choc. shake. i know Arby's is losing money now becuz i used to be addicted to their Jamocha shakes!!
I'm sorry. I meant Vitamin Shoppe. It's $34.99. I have the Chocolate Truffle and Strawberry Mouse and both are pretty good substitutes for what MRC sells and much cheaper!
Old 02-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #62  

Tami..
My protein was increased.. So glad you liked the quiche in muffin pans. I love them and change ingredients around from time to time..

My last baked oatmeal was with apples, cranberries, anise flavoring and some lemon flavoring.. It came out sooo good.. Tomorrow I make it for the week and I will make blueberry and banana, with nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon. ...
Blueberry is good with almond flavoring and anise also.. Now I have mine with fat free Greek Yogurt that has been flavored with SF, FF pudding dry mix. Happy camper in that department for sure.

Fluffy in Florida.. Great news.. and congrats on signing the board.. Nice feeling isn't it?

Chickadee... You should feel darn good at your accomplishment.. Be proud of yourself, you have earned it.. Carbs are such a trigger for me.. One day while on diet, I was starving and nothing I ate would satisfy me.. I had a piece of chicken, and there you go, I was fine.. Protein and fat will satisfy me when I have a craving and I try to add that to any carb I have , as for me, it is a good balance, and no weight gain and no craving..

Wishing y'all a great evening .

Patzi
Old 02-04-2012, 09:28 PM   #63  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonzmama View Post
I'm sorry. I meant Vitamin Shoppe. It's $34.99. I have the Chocolate Truffle and Strawberry Mouse and both are pretty good substitutes for what MRC sells and much cheaper!
i just checked out the Vitamin Shoppe...the choc. truffle is $41.99 but looks like the other flavors were $33.99 online... i've never tried the strawberry mousse but that sounds really good! would be great w/ frozen strawberries in a blender for lunch... i thought the pink grapefruit looked good too...would be good in the summer w/ vodka on vacation -- High protein Greyhound...w/ a splash of diet cranberry - Sea Breeze! i'm already thinking of summer! it was high 70s today woo hoo!
just got back from visiting FIL in the hospital and we stopped at a Crabhouse on the way home...my weakness - crab stuffed hushpuppies!! i ordered Frogmore Stew...( shrimp, keilbasa sausage, boiled potatoes, 1/2 ear of corn, onions all boiled together) some people call it Lowcountry Boil. i ate most of the shrimp, corn, tasted a bite of the sausage and potatoes ) came w/ 2 sides so i got collard greens and coleslaw. i bought 3/4 of it home and will prob. have for two more meals! planning on taking a LONG walk in the am and prob. doing protein shake in the am and for lunch... the hushpuppies didn't seem like the devil when i was eating them but feel like i ate a whole Puppy!!! yikes.

Last edited by bigdog; 02-04-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #64  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
This is what Bigdog does and it seems to work for her. I keep a jar (huge) under my desk at work and try to approxiimate 3/4 scoop. I don't know how much that matters, though, because there are zero carbs. I love the taste but find it doesn't mix at all with really cold or really hot water. I get it started with room temp water, then add either hot or cold. I have had it sort of curdle to the point I had to toss it out.
i just read on the Vitamin shoppe website re: choc. truffle if you are mixing w/ hot coffee or hot water to add the powder to a very small amount of lukewarm coffee, blend well, then add the rest of the hot liquid. i'll try it in the am and see if that works :-)
Old 02-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #65  

camaswa-that is soooo awesome. You are so close and we're going to make it.

Helllllo everyone! I made it back from a whirlwind weekend to Nashville. We had a great time. Kept saying it would be a fun place to go without kids to really enjoy all it has to offer. I stayed pretty much on plan. Friday we decided not to go to Chuck E cheese and instead go somewhere that I could have steak and veggies...but the next morning my husband's uncle called and wanted to take us to...guess where, yup, Chuck E Cheese. I thought camaswa is going to kick my butt But they had a good salad bar and then was going to have one small piece of pizza as they really didn't have any protein options and my kids ate the fruit I'd gotten from the salad bar. But I volunteered to watch the kids play and when I came back all the pizza and all the wings were gone. So I had just my salad. No worries, I'd just go through the drivethrough of chick fil a next door and get some grilled chicken...but everyone else must have had the same thought and was in the drive through. So I settled for my afternoon protein bar. Sigh. I was a little bit grumpy that no one had thought to save me a piece of pizza or something (none of them except my husband knew of my eating plan). Then I just got grumpier as I got hungrier. But I survived and glad to be back home where I have more control. I really didn't eat off plan...except for a few scooby snacks from my moment of anger/frustration.

All in all, the trip was good. I'll have pictures and the audio clip of our debt free call on my blog and will let you all know when it's there if anyone is interested in listening (I know Cassie is a Dave fan). Kids favorite parts were going up and down an escalator, the elevator, and swimming. OH, and my favorite part was doing a 3 mile run in the rainy weather about 50 degrees (my favorite running weather) even though it was hilly. I felt sooo good (thus my extra hunger when I didn't get much for lunch).

And I didn't gain and since I just finished TOM, this is the week/2 weeks my body likes to drop like crazy!

Last edited by nwcgina; 02-05-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #66  
Motivated Member

since i took the majority of my meal home from the Crabhouse last night, my DH, around 9pm tells me he's hungry so i tell him he can eat the potatoes, sausage and coleslaw from my leftovers but leave me the boiled shrimp and collard greens. :-) i hope he ate the hushpuppies too! i'm thinking like a skinny person and was glad my DH ate the off plan food for me!! i give my 3 dogs the extra bread that i'm not eating too - i have a great support team here! Goal this week is to step up the water intake - being so busy - i've gotten off track. planning on when i get up, after walking my 3 miles, to drink 4 glasses of water before starting my day. it's a plan, i can do this!!! this will be my week to see the 160s!!!!
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well - you all motivate me daily!!!
thanks and happy Sunday!!!

Last edited by bigdog; 02-05-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Oh Nwcgina! Consider your butt kicked, but only sorta. You couldnt control the situation and it sounds like you did the best you could.

Other poeple make this so challenging, don't they? I went to a dinner party last night where the appetizer was a HEAVY, cheesy artichoke dip with bread and the main course was PASTA. I brought berries and some tiny almond
cookies for dessert but I really had no choice but to eat the pasta. I didnt weigh this morning and I am going to do shakes today and focus on exercising and water. I know what carbs like that do, and I just feel sick that I got in that situation. You can't refuse the main course at someone else's house!

I keep telling myself that what I am learning here is to course-correct immediately after a "slip" rather than let the damage pile on. This will still me our month!
Old 02-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #68  

sounds like a big water day for us, bigdog & camaswa (and probably others). We are so close...and I'm excited to take what I've learned from being on plan (like getting RIGHT BACK on track...that one meal doesn't mean a whole day or week shot) and applying it to lifelong habits. Making salad a regular part of my life!

We luckily have no super bowl plans, we won't even watch the game as we don't have regular cable TV (only day of the year I miss it). That has always been one of my huge eating and social days. I actually met my inlaws 10 years ago today at a Super Bowl party (they introduced me to my husband a few months later). But instead we'll have a regular day with regular food...3 more weeks, 3 more weeks.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #69  
Motivated Member

i'm on plan w/ the water, the extra HNSs and the protein shake for b-fast and for lunch...let's just say i've been back and forth to the bathroom flushing out all those evil carbs! LOL! i even took a couple fiber pills so my stomach is churning - haha! TMI!
we are supposed to go to a Super Bowl party tonight and the hostess is like, i have your ice cold mich ultra chilling, we are having buffalo wings, pizza, big salad and veggies and chocolate brownies! i told her i'm doing vodka and club soda - this has worked out well for me becuz i do mostly club soda and the 2nd and 3rd drink will be club soda and lime..
i really hate to go to super bowl parties because since i'm in advertising, i love the commercials and hate to miss them. and i want to see Madonna do the Half time show and oh, yeah, watch the game too. one year, i was getting cranky because people were talking during the half time show and it was Prince, my fave performer! last year was in my home town taking my 88 yr. old dad to Hooters for the game w/ my brothers and nephews but we made it back to the hotel for half time :-) love Black Eyed Peas too! hmmm..i think i just talked myself out of going!

Last edited by bigdog; 02-05-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #70  

I just found out the game is going to be streamed live on nbc.com, so I may talk DH into hooking up the laptop to the TV. I had a big buffalo chicken salad for lunch (I bought two cute salad bowls-technically pasta bowls-to make my lunch time salad ritual way more fun). Just like when I get bored with my water bottle and start drinking less, I buy a new one to spice things up and get me excited again. Yes, I have a ton of water bottles, but for less than $10 I respark my thirst for a long time...guess I'll be doing the same thing with salad bowls. And cutting boards (for veggies). Speaking of veggies...time to get them all cut up for the week. Cooked a bunch of chicken in the crockpot this morning and restocked my eggs so I'm all set Oh, and I'm cooking my spaghetti squash to make the "pumpkin pie" that I have for lunch 2 days a week
Old 02-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #71  

Re: Chocolate truffle..
What is this replacing in MRC.. I would think it is a creamy, but really not sure
Patzi
Old 02-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #72  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Congrats to all the losers and hang in there to those struggling. I remembered a while back we talked about doing mini-rewards for hitting milestones, goals, etc. I finally decided to do that. So yesterday, I had my first pedicure in almost a year. What a great feeling.

Have a great Monday!
Old 02-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #73  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Re: Chocolate truffle..
What is this replacing in MRC.. I would think it is a creamy, but really not sure
Patzi
For the Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle protein powder, i use 3/4 scoop so it's 70 cal, 23 g. protein if you use full scoop (100 cal), 0 sugar, 0 carbs so i count it as a clear HNS. i also drink the Protidiet Pink Lemonade and the Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade as a Clear HNS....

for my one creamy a day, i usually have the Wonderslim Strawberry yogurt or Chocolate Cream protein powder (15 g. protein, 100 cal, 7 g. carb, Sugar 5 g.) or a protein bar if i miss a meal...
Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #74  
Motivated Member

Default Madonna!

Madonna rocked the show yesterday. 53 yrs old and she looks incredible!! like my DH always says when i'm like Wow, so and so looks so wonderful and they are close to my age! - he reminds me that it is their job to look good and they work at it every single day! anyway, very inspiring :-)

i did go to the Superbowl party and one idiot guy kept making horrible remarks about Madonna during the show - i would have punched him out but he was the husband of my good friend and they were hosting the party! LOL! anyway, had a great time and ate the salad, artichoke dip, ate the wings and took off the skin, had some cheese dip w/ veggies and had a very small piece of pizza and left the crust. had a little bit of vodka w/ club soda (just to tolerate the big mouth idiot) it is pretty bad but i can't stand him but love my girlfriend. poor thing to be married to him... i've told him before to not talk to me or even look at me.(when he was running his mouth about some good friends of mine) HA HA and really i'm a very nice person!

hope everyone survived the Super Bowl and their team won! happy monday
Old 02-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #75  

Day of frustration. I gained a pound, although I have 4 reasons why I know it probably happened, and that it will all be gone quickly. I even just spoke with my counselor and she agreed.
1. Meal timing was sooo off this weekend. I ended up going 8 hours between lunch and supper...with nothing to eat in between (should have done an HNS, but with traveling I was crabby and just not in the mood).
2. Not enough water. On Saturday I probably had 20-40 oz. (usually get 80).
3. TTOM started Friday.
4. Sneaking a couple scooby snacks.

So it was all a perfect storm for gain (even if it is temporary, water weight crap). I did lose an inch (a whole inch!) off my tummy over the past week, so I know the exercise is reshaping my body. My counselor was confident I'd see a few pounds come off this week if I get back on schedule and hit the water, which I have been. So here's to hitting my last 10. (Probably didn't help that my mom called to gloat that she had lost 4. She only calls when she loses and you can hear her gloat...and then asks "how much did YOU lose?" I hate it when I lose less. I never call her to gloat if I've had a week where the scale moves a bunch.)

Rant over.
Closed Thread