Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

My stabilization planning session is scheduled for next Saturday! I'm 6 pounds from goal today. Down 26. February really IS going to be the month!

YAY!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #47  

Camaswa....
Good for you.. Nice place to be .. Almost there.... You will love stabilization and you will love maintenance more.. Be proud of yourself.

Patzi
Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #48  

Found something relative eating carbs... On maintenance I have a piece of baked oatmeal each afternoon with a cup of iced coffee... I find if I have some fat free Greek yogurt with this, I am full until supper time.. I am lactose intolerant on some dairy, but Greek yogurt I can have.. I had mentioned to Tami that I had taken the yogurt and added the powder of sugar free fat free pudding to it . So, that is my new maintenance treat. I am glad, as I find sometimes when I have the baked oatmeal(recipe in recipe forum) and maybe the maintenance forum) I have great cravings and could eat forever , and I won't have it for a couple of days .. But with yogurt, it works out fine as there are no cravings and a great full feeling.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 02-03-2012 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #49  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hey Patzi! Real quick...in search for one of your recipes, I came across a post about how on Stabilization, your protein was increased to 6oz from 4oz? Is this correct? My counselor hasn't mentioned changing mine to me...so just curious.

By the way...your Quiche recipe in the muffin pan is a hit in our home! I have a husband and 3 kids..and they all have them gone before I could even think of freezing any!! Thank you for sharing it...I use the Southwestern Eggbeaters....with ground turkey sausage, cheese, and tabasco! Yummy!! Next I am going to make your Oatmeal bake
Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #50  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
My stabilization planning session is scheduled for next Saturday! I'm 6 pounds from goal today. Down 26. February really IS going to be the month!

YAY!
So happy for you! You will love it!! Maybe we can start up a "Stabilization" forum!!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Way to go camaswa!!

WI today and down 1.5 lbs which meant I signed the 40 lbs board. I can't remember the last time I was under 200.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations, FIF! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

Height: 5'6"

I just realized that I am now passed the half way mark to my goal...woohoo!!

I tried ProDiet and WonderSlim drinks this week from Diet Direct just to see how a few of the different flavors tasted..so far so good. Not necessarily cheaper than MRC but I like the wildberry and the lemon liquid concentrate. I also had one of the Chocolate Wafer bars from MRC -- oh so good, like a kitkat bar. Good thing I only had one that was given to me as a prize - I would have certainly been tempted for more.

Last edited by fatburningmama; 02-03-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Camaswa....
Good for you.. Nice place to be .. Almost there.... You will love stabilization and you will love maintenance more.. Be proud of yourself.

Patzi
Thank you! I am proud. I know it's not as big a loss as so mony here have accomplished, but it's still a big deal to me! I feel so much better and I really want to learn to keep it off.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #55  
OnAMission

S/C/G: 159.4 / 159.4 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Do you think we can substitute the expensive HNS sold at the center for GNC's Syntrax Nectar (whey isolate powder). Instead of a full scoop of Syntrax (100 cal / 0 carb / 23 g protein) I want to measure 3/4 of a scoop (75 cal / 0 carb / 18 g protein) so the caloric content will be closer to the 70 calories in the HNS. A little more sodium, but I am drinking over 100 oz of water throughout the day so that should not be a problem, right?
Old 02-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #56  

Down 2 this morning! Woohoo! That's 15 total. Yippee!

Last edited by eb102106; 02-05-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Found something relative eating carbs... On maintenance I have a piece of baked oatmeal each afternoon with a cup of iced coffee... I find if I have some fat free Greek yogurt with this, I am full until supper time.. I am lactose intolerant on some dairy, but Greek yogurt I can have.. I had mentioned to Tami that I had taken the yogurt and added the powder of sugar free fat free pudding to it . So, that is my new maintenance treat. I am glad, as I find sometimes when I have the baked oatmeal(recipe in recipe forum) and maybe the maintenance forum) I have great cravings and could eat forever , and I won't have it for a couple of days .. But with yogurt, it works out fine as there are no cravings and a great full feeling.

Patzi
I have found the same thing Patzi. I gotta have protein to keep me sated. If I had my choice of course, it would be carbs and then some more carbs!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. This forum moves so fast that it's hard to keep up some days! Good job all!

I am down 25.5 pounds on MRC, and 71 from my highest weight. I feel pretty darn good about that! This eating clean, working out and living healthy thing looks like it's paying off.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Chickadee
(who's sad she doesn't get to say Go Broncos! for tomorrow's game)
Old 02-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonzmama View Post
Do you think we can substitute the expensive HNS sold at the center for GNC's Syntrax Nectar (whey isolate powder). Instead of a full scoop of Syntrax (100 cal / 0 carb / 23 g protein) I want to measure 3/4 of a scoop (75 cal / 0 carb / 18 g protein) so the caloric content will be closer to the 70 calories in the HNS. A little more sodium, but I am drinking over 100 oz of water throughout the day so that should not be a problem, right?
This is what Bigdog does and it seems to work for her. I keep a jar (huge) under my desk at work and try to approxiimate 3/4 scoop. I don't know how much that matters, though, because there are zero carbs. I love the taste but find it doesn't mix at all with really cold or really hot water. I get it started with room temp water, then add either hot or cold. I have had it sort of curdle to the point I had to toss it out.

Last edited by camaswa; 02-04-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #59  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Congratulations!!! Camaswa! woo hoo!!!!! Way to go!!! you always inspire me and love how you overcome obstacles that may get in the way...i always remember you throwing away a box of chocolates!!!! that took alot of balls!! LOL!

driving to the hospital w/ my DH yesterday pm to visit my FIL - i was telling him about Jimmy Johns when we drove by telling him we needed to check it out and told him about the lettuce wraps,etc. and he said that sounded great and he loved OUR new diet :-) i said Carbs are the devil he thought that was hilarious! (thks Leo!)

my BIL is visiting to spend time w/ mum and dad and anyway he's gained alot of weight. i was in the next room and i hear my DH telling him how to lose weight.. he said, 4 oz protein for each meal and lots of salads. i was cracking up!
Patzi, do you just mix the Jello pudding sugar free fat free powder w/ the non fat greek pudding? how much pudding do you use? i didn't have time for lunch the other day and mixed my strawberry yogurt protein pkg w/ greek yogurt and water, ice and blended in my one serving blender. it was soooo good and filled me up.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #60  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
This is what Bigdog does and it seems to work for her. I keep a jar (huge) under my desk at work and try to approxiimate 3/4 scoop. I don't know how much that matters, though, because there are zero carbs. I love the taste but find it doesn't mix at all with really cold or really hot water. I get it started with room temp water, then add either hot or cold. I have had it sort of curdle to the point I had to toss it out.
i didn't know that GNC sold it..i order from Diet Direct $34.99 for the large container and Chocolate Truffle is my favorite. i like the Roadside Lemonade too (the orange was too much like Tang) i use my single serve blender and mix with ice and water...def. does not mix with hot water at all - you can't even put in blender w/ hot water - i always drink w/ a straw and to me it's like a chocolate shake. i love it w/ left over cold coffee for a mocha choc. shake. i know Arby's is losing money now becuz i used to be addicted to their Jamocha shakes!!
Closed Thread