Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 230.5/193/179

Height: 5'10"

What about this Greek yogurt thing? Tried some this morning with blueberries and it was horrible. Did anyone add splenda or anything to it? Also, love reading all your posts. Really gives me encouragement. At the 37 pound mark and ready to hit that 40lb mark and on to 50. Thanks for starting this post.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I went to WI today after being away for a week. I was sick on my normal WI day which is Friday. I was down 1.5 which was kind of a surprising. I expected more since it had been a week since I was in last. The counselor said that since I was sick my body was in "get well" mode not "burn fat" mode so it was still good. I was hoping to see the "new" menu that everyone keeps talking about but nothing was said to me about it and I didn't ask. I was afraid of the question about where I heard about it. So I just decided to wait and see if they say anything about it after the 15th.

I am refocused on the program and exercise. I have a goal to exercise at least 20 minutes everyday for the rest of the month. I figure if I can do that for 2 weeks then it will be easier and I will stick to it in the long run. I usually set a goal of every other day for exercise. I hope this won't stall the weight loss though. It is always shocking to me that the center doesn't ask me about exercise unless I don't have a loss. Then it's are you exercising. Why isn't is more a part of the plan? Just my overactive mind questioning things again.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:57 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

Weighed today - down 1.5 lbs. so I'm within 9 of goal. Asked about the new green menu. My center won't distribute til next week. Had a great meal with hubby and he told me how proud he was of me and enjoyed seeing the happiness back! Love reading your comments about your journey and comments to others.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #154  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburningmama View Post
Jen- I think perhaps I'm stuck behind a mental wall now too-- everytime I go to weigh I think it should bemore of a loss and it's ends up with no loss I need to hey my butt in gear and climb on over it and get to losing before my time runs out
In some way I wish it was a physical thing because that would be "easier" to fix than my head. LOL When I talked with my counselor, I admitted starches, particularly bread, are my biggest downfall. I'd rather have bread than chocolate. I think it may be time to temporarily delete it from my plan. That's why this new menu couldn't have come at a better time. I can now eat fruit in place of the starch. If that doesn't work, I have new choices of things I can eat instead of bread.

Go figure. I'm a bread-aholic.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Wants to Live View Post
Can anyone tell me how drinking an HSN before you go to bed help you burn more calories. To me it would just add another 79 calories to your day? I am trying to find something on the internet stating that protien before you go to bed can help you burn calories/fat but am not finding it?
IMO and after looking at research, I don't think it does. But if it has been a long time between your last meal and going to bed and you need something, an HNS is a good option.

skinnyfarmer-yes, add splenda or stevia to plain greek yogurt. I do plain greek yogurt plus an HNS concentrate.

Jen-I kinda do the same thing when I have a loss and get to the next milestone...I don't do it consciously, but I tend to let myself get a little lax. Like yesterday hit my lowest weight yet...then last night was out to eat for DH bday and instead of a salad got a chicken Quesadilla with veggies...waaaaay too much tortilla. And the whole time I knew it would set me back a few days...why do I do that???
Old 02-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #156  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
Jen-I kinda do the same thing when I have a loss and get to the next milestone...I don't do it consciously, but I tend to let myself get a little lax. Like yesterday hit my lowest weight yet...then last night was out to eat for DH bday and instead of a salad got a chicken Quesadilla with veggies...waaaaay too much tortilla. And the whole time I knew it would set me back a few days...why do I do that???
Yup, that's exactly what I do. It's kind like running a race and you get to the finish line (aka "a milestone") and it's almost like, I need a break before gearing up for the next milestone. It shouldn't be that way, but for some reason it is.

I think my other problem is that I'm so close to stabilization, and I saw the add-ons being posted, so I kinda gave myself license to have some of those foods instead of focusing on my menu. Big mistake. I just need to bypass those posts so I don't tempt myself.

Last edited by JenB72; 02-15-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #157  

Jen-This is another strange thing I've noticed. If I just stay on plan and track my food on paper I seem to do better. If I track my food/calories on my fitness pal I tend not to do as well. I don't know if I'm eating a little more seeing how low the calories are or if they are unrelated...We're both so close. Let's just do this thing!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 208/203/165

Height: 5'5

Just starting this again! I am confused though is this diet metabolic based or calorie based?
Old 02-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #159  

On the plan you don't count calories so technically not calorie based. But your metabolism is the total amount of energy (measured in calories) used in a day from all the chemical processes that keep you alive and active, so its never really a one or the other thing.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
Jen-This is another strange thing I've noticed. If I just stay on plan and track my food on paper I seem to do better. If I track my food/calories on my fitness pal I tend not to do as well. I don't know if I'm eating a little more seeing how low the calories are or if they are unrelated...We're both so close. Let's just do this thing!!!
MFP was making me go nuts. I started obsessing over the calories when just following the plan was working for me. I finally had to let it go and go back to what worked.

I'm with you...let's do this!
Old 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #161  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

My DH made dinner for me for valentines day and before he went to the store I told him to get us some dessert. So he fixes this wonderful Greek salad with grilled flank steak and we had sushi for apps. Afterwards I said. Where's the dessert? He apologized and then I hugged him and thanked him for not getting dessert and being so supportive! If he had gotten dessert I would have been upset with a gain!!!! LOVE is someone doing without something for someone else!!!!! He rocks!!

Last edited by bigdog; 02-16-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 PM   #162  

My MIL just brought over a bunch of fruit, broccoli, chicken already cooked (woo hoo) but also these dark chocolate mint things. I soooooooo want one. But I promptly put them in the freezer. I'm actually going to take them to the garage fridge to put with my fannie maes. When I hit maintenance I'm planning on always having a yummy chocolate treat after my long runs on Saturday. So putting that in the freezer and getting out some strawberries to make a chocolate strawberry soda with an HNS. In the end it will be worth it.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #163  

I wish my MIL lived close enough to do that for me. So far, so good though. I made it through yesterday OP, have been completely OP today and went for a 2 mile run at lunch. Now I just have to survive being at home tonight and not give into temptation.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #164  

The drink I was telling you about that the center had as a treat for Valentine's Day is in the cookbook , page 243, called chocolate-Chery Cola..
Consultant could not find the Cherry Diet Soda, so replaced that with Strawberry... Sooooo good.. For those of you who do not have the cookbook here it is.

Chocolate -Cherry Cooler
1 pkg.double chocolate pudding supplement
1 pkgs.vanilla cream pudding supplement
8 0z. water
6 oz. cherry diet soda( can substitute strawberry)
5 ice cubes

Mix all ingredients ,except cherry soda , in blender on high speed until smooth.
Pour into chilled glass and pour cherry soda over top.

Servings 2
Begging Meta Slim Days 5-0
Meta- Slim Plus Day 1
Replaces one creamy supplement

Enjoy...
Patzi
Old 02-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #165  
Brandi

S/C/G: 261/256/154

Height: 5'3

Hey Everyone- I am new to MRC (started 2/7/12). Today I had a sob fest and cried at every opportunity I could. This is very out of character for me. A complete 360 actually. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around meals- what you can and cannot eat, portion control, and food that's tasteless or unappealing to me.

I know most of my issues are my body going through shock and confusion right now, training myself to be stronger day by day, and not having those daily comfort foods anymore. That's what is the hardest.

When I weighed in Tuesday I had only lost 0.5lbs which came as a shocker! I feel like all I do is urinate! I also do better at work with the meal plan than I do at home- anyone else have issues with that?
Closed Thread