Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #136  

Height: 5' 5"

Some days I feel like just giving up.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #137  

Stay strong Jen! You've come way too far to give up. One day (minute?) at a time - you can do it!

Chickadee
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Some days I feel like just giving up.
You can do this. The struggles you are going through are going to be so worth it when it is all said and done. You are too strong to give up. Take it a second, minute, hour at a time if you need to but you will make it through! You are doing such a wonderful job!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #139  

Jen...

Please stay strong and you can do this.. Struggles are so difficult, but in long run, they all iron out.. Can I help you at all? If so, ask away. Take a moment, and breathe , and try to focus, sometimes that works for me.

Big Dog....
When I added the jello, I put out one cup of the Greek FF yogurt, some soy milk to make it light and fluffy, then just kept putting the lemon sf/ff jello into it till it tasted good to me.. It was not much. I did have to add the stevia which I use for a sweetener, though. I also add sweetener to the
pudding when I add it..

Patzi
Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM   #140  

Jen-we all understand the feeling...but don't give up. You are so close and doing so well. Nothing worth having ever comes quick and easy.

Talked to my consultant today and 2 interesting things. We were talking about maintenance and how you can still enjoy things like pizza, just in much different quantities and frequencies from before. She said "we are not supposed to recommend other products, but if you want a fat/carb blocker you could get (I can't remember the name) at Walmart". That's why I like her...not pushing her product. I'm probably not going to try it, but she told me what to look for in one if I ever want to try one. Also i asked her if she was still thinking about 2 more weeks until stabilizing...she told me she would let me decide when I was ready. If I wanted to be above my goal when I started or below. I told her I'm pretty happy right here and want to be able to maintain, so I'm going to do the 2 more weeks then see where I'm at and decide.

Last edited by nwcgina; 02-13-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #141  

nwcgina...
How great you are doing and what a great consultant you have.. I am so happy for you... You are so close..If you need any help please free to ask me ...

Patzi
Old 02-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
Alright, Camaswa. Are you starting on stabilization this week or at the end of the month?

After forgetting my breakfast yesterday I've also been off today (not getting enough protein). But I don't want to "make up for it" at the end of the day. Need to spend time cooking up some chicken tomorrow! Bought some cute new workout gear today. I put on one of my pairs of workout capris today and they were so big it was funny. I walked into the living room and said "think I need new pants??" I figure I could get away with a little baggy workout gear, but if I would have run they would have fallen off. So I'm slowly adding to my collection (seriously, if I got rid of all the clothes that were too big and gave back the clothes I was borrowing, I would have almost no clothing). The workout shirt I got says "Strong in the new beautiful." Love it! My motto going forward.
Good question. I have to admit I wasn't sure why they wanted me to start quite yet, but my time is up and I don't want to pay more, so I just went along. In truth, I think I should get to the goal number first. I feel kind of wierd about it. That said, I think I am going to wait a week.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #143  

Thanks, Patzi. I'm sure I'll have questions when I start to stabilize. My consultant seems so knowledgeable about how we're going to add in foods and see which ones can cause gain. Like you keep saying, experimenting. It takes a little of the anxiety away, but I still have a fear that once I start on stabilization some crazy thing is going to kick in my brain and I'll eat everything...
Old 02-13-2012, 11:59 PM   #144  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

That is what I am going through right now with Stabilization. I am actually feeling stressed about the added foods. I guess I will get to discuss at my WI tomorrow. I am also extremely nervous about going away to Mexico for a whole week...I pray I will have the necessary willpower to eat wisely. Vacations are tough for me when it comes to food and choices and it seems temptation is everywhere. I need prayers ladies..please I really don't want to go backwards in this journey right when I am finally getting to move forward. I am not in a great mental place about all of this right now..obviously. Doesn't help to be in my PMS week and craving everything while hungry all the time. Oh well, this too shall pass, right?

Last edited by Tamikl; 02-14-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #145  

My apologies for my post yesterday. Pity party for one, please.

I'm just getting beyond frustrated. I did 5 days of Meta-Quick with a 2 pound loss. I can get that without Meta-Quick and eat a heck of a lot better. My weight seems to get stuck at 145. I get to 145 and then it starts going back up. That appears to be my wall. To gain weight while doing Meta-Quick just makes no sense to me.

To make matters worse, I was so pre-occupied getting out the door from work on Friday to make sure I picked up the munckin on time that I forgot ALL my MRC stuff at work. No drinks, no shakes, no nothing. Didn't realize this until Saturday...the day of sis-in-law's baby shower. I did pretty darn good with that, however, it became a bit embarassing. I had one neighbor going, "Look at you, Miss Hollywood!"...over and over. Another calling me a celebrity. And then there were the members of my family that, well, let's just say should be on MRC and it was obvious they were resentful of all the attention I was getting. Especially when they asked about the ads. So, when everyone left, it was late. I had to get the munckin dinner so I had some of what she did. Basically, I had a "Screw it!" moment that lasted until yesterday.

Last night, I broke down and told my husband what I had been doing with my eating since Saturday. Then he reminded me about all the running I've been doing lately. He said I was probably starting to build up muscles in my legs which would explain a bit of a weight gain. I then remembered my counselor telling me this. I hate when hubby's right. LOL

I haven't touched a scale since Saturday and I'm scared to see what I did. I'm going for my WI today and it's the first time in a long time that I'm absolutely dreading it.

Thanks for letting me vent. Not sure what I'll end up doing. Just feeling a bit lost right now.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #146  

Jen..
I don't know if you recall, but when I was almost to maintenance I was stuck and could not get out of it for 4 weeks. I would do the metaquick and had no weight come off.. It could be the exercise and muscle build up as hubby says. It could be a host of things. They kept telling me, the last is the hardest to get rid of, but it still did not make me feel any better... Have your
consultant go thru your journal when you get back OP and see where you can change your eating. Mine was, the carbs.. I had to cut them back a great amount, and then I lost. Not much, but I did lose.. It is frustrating, but it will start coming off..

Today I had maintenance weigh in and lost 1/2 pound making me 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

I will have to share a drink they had for us at the center today, chocolate drink for Valentine's Day. I am on road today, so will check the recipe book and get back to you on it.. It was a small amount they gave us though. LOL
If you like chocolate this was it..

Everyone have a nice day.

Patzi
Old 02-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Jen -
Hugs to you! You are an inspiration... it's okay to vent and have a pity party, as you said. It's all a part of your journey.

People who aren't supportive need to just keep it to themselves. Since I lost more and more of weight, there are a few people that comment on my loss and tell me "you don't need to lose anymore... you'll look sick!" or they make fun of the salads and "health food" I eat. One said "if I ate as many salads as you do, I'd lose weight too!" I can't stand people to be so cynical and I really struggle with the attention that others seem to focus on my weight.

I feel like your body is adjusting to the weight... it may take a while and it's awesome that you're adding more excerise and running alot. That's so good for you! If it helps, my husband lost 115 pounds on MRC about 5 years ago and he slowed down quite a bit when he started running. But he LOVED running and I think it helped him to maintain his weight loss (even after his back surgery when he could no longer run...).

Anyway, hang in there. You are doing awesome!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 208/203/165

Height: 5'5

Can anyone tell me how drinking an HSN before you go to bed help you burn more calories. To me it would just add another 79 calories to your day? I am trying to find something on the internet stating that protien before you go to bed can help you burn calories/fat but am not finding it?
Old 02-14-2012, 03:42 PM   #149  

Thanks for the encouragement. I faced the music today. They said I've got some sort of mental wall that I need to bust through to get past 145. And you know what, they're right. This is the 3rd or 4th time at 145 in the past couple of months. For some reason, instead of sticking with it, I get quickly discouraged and give myself license to misbehave. I just need to figure things out for myself I guess.

I did get the new menu. I almost wanted to cry when I actually saw it in front of me. Maybe this will help. I'm ultra picky about the foods I eat and this gives me more to choose from. I'll be stopping by the store tonight to get my new "legal" foods.

Last edited by JenB72; 02-14-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

Height: 5'6"

I received the new menu today too
So glad that I no longer have to "justify" my Greek yogurt to myself any longer.
Jen- I think perhaps I'm stuck behind a mental wall now too-- everytime I go to weigh I think it should bemore of a loss and it's ends up with no loss
I need to hey my butt in gear and climb on over it and get to losing before my time runs out
Closed Thread