Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #76  

Cassie-We just got called from Dave's team and we are going down on Feb 3 to do our debt free scream in the lobby!! So pumped. So, so, so pumped. I'll probably cry (and hopefully be in the 150's)

My weight is stalled this week, which I expected. I always do before that TOM...and my counselor said she noticed being even more sensitive to those hormonal changes as you lose weight (or maybe I just notice it more). So expecting next week to be better (next 3 weeks until "that week" comes again, then another 3 of losing and then I should be at goal...)
Old 01-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #77  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 279.4/273.8/175

Height: 5'8

TL, wow, it sounds like you have your hands more than full at work. Please don't worry about not getting back any sooner. I was very worried about all of the supplements bothering me in some way, but it's been just the opposite. I feel great and energized. I didn't want to be jumpy or jittery and so far I haven't been. I am sure I am feeling better just because of eating better as well, so I'm not giving the supplements all the credit. I can't wait until I can say that I have reached a plateau or that I'm stalling because that means that I HAVE been losing. Thanks again.

Leo, thanks for telling me that I'm not terrible. I don't resent my children, but it's not easy to make something so tasty for them and know that I will have brocoli instead of potatoes. I am so impressed with your willpower. You have got to be so proud of yourself. Now are you going to talk to your daughter about bringing that type of food around or are you OK with it? I have talked to my husband and sons and explained to them that I won't be buying certain foods that I bought before and that I need them to be understanding. They were all great about it and they all want me to be healthy, but I know there will come a time when they complain and I'll have to deal with that then. Not my husband, but my boys. They are teenagers. I tell myself the same thing, that I have had years and years of eating anything and everything that I want and now to enjoy the next chapter to it's fullest, I need to make wiser choices for myself and I will be around for a lot longer. I am very eager to find out which plan you're going to be on. I go at 9 in the morning. I am not looking forward to the weigh in because I know I will have already eaten breakfast and drank a lot of water. Good luck to you.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #78  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 279.4/273.8/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Kuntregirl. Some travel ideas: Keep HNSs in your purse and pour into bottled water. Add a creamy to coffee if you have stopped somewhere like a Starbucks Keep a couple bars FOR EMERGENCiEs only. At the special restaurants, try to have fish and veggies. Beg for a bite of someone else's meal if you really want to experience an item that you know would do damage. Above all. Don't get starved. Extra protein if needed, lots of water. Also don't get exhausted. And don't expect perfection. Have fun!
Camaswa, thank you for these ideas. I will absolutely do as you say and keep those drinks with me at all times. I will get them tomorrow. Yes, I will have to make very wise choices while we are at the restaurants. I can do it and if I enjoy something a little extra I won't beat myself up for it. I will just make sure to stick on plan all the rest of the time. I do NOT want to get too hungry while we are out sightseeing, that could be terrible for my plan. Thanks again.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #79  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Default Its been a while...

Hey gang!

First, I want to thank Jen for reaching out to me and 2nd, I want to apologize for my absence. November was a crazy month, being gone for 2 weeks for my mom's foot surgery and got back into town on Thanksgiving then spent a week trying to recoop and had to go to Orlando for a business meeting the following week. I also started a part time job at Hobby Lobby - so working 7am-4pm at my full time job and then going to work from 4:30pm-Close (which is 8pm but after cleanup, some nights I didn't get out of there until after 9pm). Needless to say, my weight loss came to a screeching halt!

I finally got the travel weight off and slowly lost a couple more pounds and then after Christmas, I lost 4.5lbs which allowed me to sign the 110lb board! I was shocked! I couldn't believe I had lost that much. But then I went for my WI that Friday and gained 1.5lbs back and this Tuesday gained 2 more pounds! UGH! But I have also been sick. Had bronchitis last week and still feel like I have a sinus infection. Hoping for a good WI tomorrow.

Oh, and another thing that has been keeping me a little busy.. I met someone! I've known him since high school, lost track of him through the years but we met back up earlier this year when we went to Joplin to help after the tornado. But we've really started to spend a lot of time together and it feels good! Haven't really had these kind of feelings in a few years.

Anyway - it's time for me to get back on track! I have set my goal to 185lbs.. which means I have a little over 30 pounds to lose!

I know I have missed a lot and I'm not even going to try to play catch up! But it feels good to be back! I've really missed all of you!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #80  

Yeah Candi...been hoping you've been doing well. And your picture looks amazing. A new you. a new man. You are rocking it. I hope you keep posting...you have a lot of wisdom to share. 110 board....you can do anything in life!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #81  

Height: 5' 5"

Candi!!!! I'm so happy to see you posting again!!!! Just sent you an e-mail.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Wow, Candi! So excited for you! You are such an inspiration!

JenB- Way to go!

So excited to hear everyone's statuses... I'm doing okay and signed the 50 lb board today! I'm a little discouraged as my weight loss has slowed to 2.5 lbs a week, but I'm still going in the right direction. I'm thinking of re-signing for another 17 weeks to help reach my goal (I would like to lose another 20 or 30 lbs)... has anyone ever re-signed?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #83  

Question for all you knowledgeable people: I asked my counselor about Corti-Trim today. She said for it to be effective you need to take 6 pills a day. With my lapband, 6 pills is just not an option. Do those of you who like it take that much? Are there store brands out there that work as well? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks,
Chickadee
Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #84  

Thanks to all for the jello directions!

nwcgina - Congrats on being debt free! You go Gazelle! It must feel so good. I almost cried reading your post. My husband and I took the classes and are trying to work the plan too. Adding MRC to the mix was a little tricky, but something I needed to do.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #85  

eb-I debated waiting to start MRC until we were debt free...obviously the cost set us back slightly & I will be needing almost a whole new wardrobe by thte time I'm done, but we decided my health and self-esteem were worth it...and being intense on both was so good. Keep at it...I had to add up our total debt and it was 85K paid off in 8.5 years, 65K over the past 4. Like the weight, it would be overwhelming to see it all at once at the beginning, we took it one debt at a time. And now I'm looking back on my weight loss...I've lost 20 recently, but have lost 55+ since my high in 2008, and may be over 70 by the time I'm done.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #86  

Height: 5' 5"

rachels77 -Congratulations on signing the 50 pound board! That's something to be proud of. I did re-sign with MRC. I originally signed up on 02/23/11. I didn't have to re-sign until September because I always took advantage of the holiday specials (lose weight over the holidays, get extra weeks for free). I think I'm good through April now and I will hit my goal way before then.

Chickadee -I do take the 6 Corti-Trim a day. I don't know of an equivalent though. Hopefully someone else may know.

eb102106 & nwcgina - I applaud you both with wanting to become debt free. I love Dave Ramsey (unfortuantely he's not on the radio in our area) and Clark Howard. Clark inspired my husband & I to live debt free with the exception of our mortgage. We were debt free for about 3 years and then my hubby ran into some medical issues last year. We are in a little debt at the moment, but expect to be out of it by the end of March. While MRC may be an added cost, you also need to factor in the money you save on not buying junk food and medical costs for being overweight. The added cost may not be as much as you think.

Last edited by JenB72; 01-06-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntreegirl View Post
Leo, thanks for telling me that I'm not terrible. I don't resent my children, but it's not easy to make something so tasty for them and know that I will have brocoli instead of potatoes. I am so impressed with your willpower. You have got to be so proud of yourself. Now are you going to talk to your daughter about bringing that type of food around or are you OK with it? I have talked to my husband and sons and explained to them that I won't be buying certain foods that I bought before and that I need them to be understanding. They were all great about it and they all want me to be healthy, but I know there will come a time when they complain and I'll have to deal with that then. Not my husband, but my boys. They are teenagers. I tell myself the same thing, that I have had years and years of eating anything and everything that I want and now to enjoy the next chapter to it's fullest, I need to make wiser choices for myself and I will be around for a lot longer. I am very eager to find out which plan you're going to be on. I go at 9 in the morning. I am not looking forward to the weigh in because I know I will have already eaten breakfast and drank a lot of water. Good luck to you.
Good Morning KG!
I'm thinking of you this a.m. as I know you'll be going to the center to get your plan. I was scheduled to go in at 5:30, but I'm going at 11:30. Hopefully I'll "see" you around today so we can share our plans.
I NEVER thought you resented your children - just the fact that you had to prepare separate meals. I TOTALLY understand. It will get better with time & your children will become more understanding - especially if they know that what you're doing now will help ensure you'll be around for years to come for family vacations, college graduations, grandchildren, etc.

Sometime over the weekend, I'll talk to my daughter about bringing the junk food into the house. The other day she told me, "I'm going to be your biggest support 'cuz I want you to be healthier and be around for a long time." (Bought tears to my eyes.) So, I'll share my plan with her this weekend, then go through the cabinets & remove all junk food. I don't mind if it's in the house, and as a matter of fact, I have a dorm-size fridge she can put in her bedroom (if necessary). Also, I'm more than willing to purchase some type of plastic container for her and my grandson's "goodies."
Old 01-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #88  

I gained 2 pounds during the holiday when I weighed in on Tuesday. I had a maintenance weigh in today and took off 2 1/2 pounds putting me 5 1/2 pounds under goal..

I did the following to get the weight off.. I went back to the green menu and watched the carbs.. Did not eat any starchy carbs that put weight on me like carrots, onions, sweet potatoes, grains, while trying to lose the weight and did not have my daily afternoon baked oatmeal and a snack of oatmeal cookie .. So, all in all, it worked, so I am happy. When I ate out last night had baked haddock dry, steamed veggies no butter and salad with my own Diet Direct dressing and it did not bother the weight. Did not have my glass of wine that I do have on maintenance when eating out. Figure, in due time...

This week back to maintenance and will start experimenting again to see what I can eat without gaining weight as I was doing before..

Wishing everyone a great day and a great weigh in.

Patzi
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #89  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickadee View Post
Question for all you knowledgeable people: I asked my counselor about Corti-Trim today. She said for it to be effective you need to take 6 pills a day. With my lapband, 6 pills is just not an option. Do those of you who like it take that much? Are there store brands out there that work as well? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks,
Chickadee
Hey Chickadee! I was taking 6 pills a day but just couldn't afford to do that anymore. So I dropped it to 1 at breakfast and 1 at lunch. Every now and then, I will up it to 2 at breakfast. I'm still losing!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

My first WI after the holidays. Down 1.5! That's no record, but I'll take it. I fluxuated a lot between Christmas and now but feel really proud that I ended down. The counselor and I were talking about this being how maintenance will be: one meal or one day may be off program but then you get back on. Over and over. Life isn't a straight line, it bends and curves. It's how you choose to handle those deviations that matters. Can it be that after a lifetime of losing and regaining I am actually realizing what it takes to keep it off? Patzi, what would you say? That seems to be exactly what you do.

Last edited by camaswa; 01-06-2012 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread