Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #16  
Not fat, just fluffy!

S/C/G: 270/**see ticker**/200

Height: 5'9

Helllllloooo Ladies!!! Hope everyone's new year is off to a great start! I weigh in tomorrow...went on a little splurge last night and ate about 7 mini chocolate bars from herseys and 4 cherry cordial kisses. (VERY slow night at work..completely bored and knowing where they stash the candy doesn't help!) After work I planned on doing hip hop abs and then Zumba, but ended up crashing. So this morning I went on a 2 mile walk. Was very surprised at how well it went!!! Will try to do at least one work out video tonight that way by weigh in tomorrow I will have blasted those dang chocolates out of my system...(I'm crossing my fingers now for good luck!) For all those that don't have MFP...it's super easy!!!! It also helps me plan my meals for the day...I input early what I want and see how the sodium, calories, and protein add up...I make tweeks, but just don't forget if you do snacks something that's not planned make sure to put it in. Soon it'll be second nature to you that right after you stick something in your mouth your inputing it into MFP. Happy inputing!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 5"

I'm giving MFP a shot. Given that I'm about to go into stabilization and maintenance mode, I best get into the practice of knowing what my calories in are. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #18  

camaswa-do you mean a previous thread I wrote on?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #19  

Happy New Year!
Hoping to end this year 60-70 lbs ligther than I am starting it!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #20  

Welcome, jenrummie.

Well, I think 2 if not 3 of my coworkers are now going to sign up for MRC because of my success (do I get anything for referring??) I ran into someone tonight I hadn't seen in a few months and she's like 'wow, I didn't even recognize you, you look great.' Funny thing is to me I don't look that much different...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #21  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Happy New Year!

Yesterday was my 33rd birthday, and it was so relaxing! Slept in, ate breakfast, took a nap, ate lunch...lol. I did go for a run after my lunch, though, in my brand new, fancy-schmancy running shoes. MIL got me a gift certificate to a running store for Christmas, so I picked out new running shoes last Saturday (after I got a massage--ahhhh!). They're so pretty, it almost makes me sad to know my running in them is going to make them dirty and worn eventually, lol.

My husband spent all day smoking ribs on Saturday, so that's what we had for dinner last night. Well, mostly. He had ribs. I had some orange roughy fish and green beans, then had one or two ribs. It was delicious, but rich enough that I was satisfied with one rib and the rest of my healthier meal (thank God, because I'm pretty sure those ribs were pretty darn fatty). We go out for dinner at a fancy restaurant with my in-laws to celebrate my and my brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow night, so I'm trying to eat lightly between now and then so I can enjoy it mostly-guilt-free.

Good luck to all this year in your weight-loss and fitness goals. Many of you are so close to starting maintenance--I'm rooting for you!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #22  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies!

Love catching up Reminds me that I am not alone!

I am happy that the temptations of the holidays are pretty much over for me. A bit more of a challenge for me than I want to admit. Sure didn't realize the importance I put on foods and desserts this time of year....now that I am paying attention Fortunately, I did pay attention and made better choices than in years past!

I am so ready to take that next step in this program. I can sense it because every time I think of the efforts involved in losing more, I get overwhelmed. I really do just want to learn at this point how to stay where I am at one day at a time.

One thing for sure is that I think the accountability part of this program is what helps me the most. That regularly scheduled WI every week keeps me focused and on track. I read that from many of you also. We have learned to tweek and do whatever necessary to accomodate that "out to dinner coming up" or that WI in a couple of days Accountability...yep, I think I see why many people stay with the program even on Maintenance...they extend their time because that accountability part is so crucial...I would bet that Patzi would agree with this Just think what happens to those that go off track and gain it all back. Are they still checking in once a week with anyone? I am rambling.....lol

Doing this will likely be the key to success for me anyway...

Well, happy weight loss everyone! Stay motivated and believe that you are worth every effort because we all are!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #23  

Tami-good luck to you as you transition to stabilization and maintenance. Can't wait to hear about your next steps in the journey.

It has turned blasted cold here, so my walking outside will be more limited. Got DH to get up with me today and do some push ups, lunges, and planks. I asked him if he'd do it with me 2 days a week. Keeping it light for now so I don't spike my hunger and so we don't need too much time.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #24  

Height: 5' 5"

jenrummie - Welcome! Visit us often as this board is a wonderful source of support. The ladies are amazing!

nwcgina - Yes! You do get something for referring people. Make sure the people signing up tell the counselors it was you that got them in there and I think you get $25 in Meta-Bucks to use at the center for each person.

teacherlady79 -Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I totally get what you're saying about running shoes. I need a new pair and yet, I know they'll be dirty before I know it.

Tamikl - With us around, you are never alone. You are absolutely right about the accountability factor. I know I couldn't do this without my check-in's at the center. That's me.

Weigh in at lunch! Happy 3rd of January!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
I'm new here & posted a short introduction in the proper thread, but I'm thinking I'll be "hanging" around this thread a lot.

I've started "pre-conditioning" today & have "Food Class" on Friday!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #26  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to the newbies and great job everyone for getting through the holidays (even if it was harder than we imagined) ..

I'm so happy to say that I earned another week for losing over NYE, but it wasn't a "real" loss b/c I had gained 3 lbs with TOM lingering on and on.

HOWEVER, I can report that for the holidays, overall, I am down 9 lbs. That's since November 21. I know it's not a lot, and it's not what I wanted and/or planned. BUT, it's a 9lb loss over the holidays when most people probably gained (most people not watching what they're eating). So, I'm off to a happy start for this New Year (other than being lazy and not doing a darn thing I need to do except eat right)..lol..

I now have until February 27 (unless I earn more free weeks) until my plan is up. I have 20 lbs to lose. That's 8 weeks, so 2.5lbs per week average. I hope I can do it. My hubby's bday is February 29 (Leap Day Baby), and my girls' bdays are Feb 3 & Mar 1. My goal was to be to goal by hubby's bday, so this is perfect timing for my program.

Bigdog..I still can't get the chocolate truffle to mix well hot..it's so nasty and clumpy! Also, if you use 3/4 of a scoop it's 21g protein, not 23 (according to my tub of protein mix). The Twisted Cherry is growing on me and I think I'd order that again, but not the Fuzzy Navel. I love the ProtiDiet hot cocoa mix as well. yummy.

TeacherLady..I got my hubby new running shoes for Christmas, but I really need to get some for myself as well.. I just haven't run in 7 months so I don't think they're that worn out yet (sad)..We have a 5k coming up in 8 weeks..OMG! I don't know if that's enough time to train, but I'm going to start tomorrow! Thank goodness we can go to a gym, b/c even though I live in FL it's supposed to be 27 tomorrow and that's just TOO darn cold for me to run outside..brrrrr!

Welcome JimRummie & Leo..this is an awesome group!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #27  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 279.4/273.8/175

Height: 5'8

Hi LeoTheLioness, I also started at the same time you did and have a class on Friday as well. I am hoping I have lost some this past weekend. How have you been doing with the pre-conditioning? The hardest time of day for me has been at dinner. I do just fine all day, then let me spend any time with my family and I am eating exactly what they're eating. I have got to get myself organized. Good luck and I look forward to losing weight along with you and the other folks here.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #28  

Hi...
Had maintenance weigh in and was up 2 pounds making me 3 pounds under goal. I weigh in again this Friday.. I will stay on the green menu till I get back to 5 pounds under goal and then go back to maintenance.. I knew I was up 1 , but ate out last night and there you go, up 2...

Wishing y'all a great weigh in week and congrats to any that lost weight during this challenging time.

Patzi
Old 01-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntreegirl View Post
Hi LeoTheLioness, I also started at the same time you did and have a class on Friday as well. I am hoping I have lost some this past weekend. How have you been doing with the pre-conditioning? The hardest time of day for me has been at dinner. I do just fine all day, then let me spend any time with my family and I am eating exactly what they're eating. I have got to get myself organized. Good luck and I look forward to losing weight along with you and the other folks here.
Hi KG,
Today is my first day of "pre-conditioning." So far, so good! I'm about 1/2 way through my required amount of water (bathroom breaks have DEFINITELY increased - LOL!), made myself eat breakfast and packed my lunch (for the first time in YEARS)!

Getting organized is key! I've been down this journey before & I know the importance of organization, writing down everything I eat during the day and pre-planning what I'm going to eat EVERY meal. It takes time & effort but WE'RE WORTH IT!

Rocki - thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it!

I look forward to progressing with all of you as well!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #30  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 279.4/273.8/175

Height: 5'8

Leo,

yes, we are worth it. I need to keep reminding myself that it's OK to do this for me. I somehow get lost in the mix of my husband and sons and all their stuff. It's an excuse I've used for too long now.

It has taken a little to get used to all the bathroom trips for me too. LOL

I actually just got back from the MRS center. I started preconditioning on Friday, Dec. 30, so they asked me to come back in either today or tomorrow to weigh in. I haven't lost anything according to their scale. I did, however, show loss of 4 lbs on my home scale. I am a little discouraged, but I haven't been perfect on my eating, so after 5 days I don't think I should be bothered by this. I do wonder if anyone has lost weight during pre-conditioning and how much. I go back on Friday, Jan 6, for my first class and to get my menu at that point. Another thing that is bothering me a little is that my blood pressure was really high when they checked it. I take meds for blood pressure and normally have 120/80. I am going to stop by my dr's office later and have them check it for me just in case any of the supplements I'm taking are making it go up.

Leo, are you taking any of the supplements and if so, how is that going for you?
Closed Thread