Old 12-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Default Dropping in to say Hello!

Hello ladies! Some of you might remember me from last year...I did MRC from Sept 2010 to April 2011.

I lost 40 pounds (taking me to 170) but I fell off the wagon. Totally. I was sooo burnt out on MRC.

Then to top it off, in June we moved...but we had to stay with my MIL for a couple weeks...and it totally threw me off not being able to cook at all. Got me back in my junk/fast food habit quick. Then all I wanted to do was cook in my pretty new kitchen with all my new appliances and gadgets...bad for the waistline!

I have gained back 10-15 pounds and I'm back...but now I'm calorie counting.

I am teaching Zumba now (some of you might remember my goal for hitting 30 pounds lost was to get licensed to teach Zumba) and I'm currently teaching 7 classes a week. It is a blessing and a curse. A blessing that I get paid to work out (and get two free gym memberships at the two gyms I teach at) but a curse because it gave me an excuse to overeat, as in "I'll be teaching 3 classes later, I'll just eat whatever I want).

But all that is behind me. I stopped myself and have made a change, this time I think for the good.

And I think this time its a change I am willing to maintain forever, where for me, MRC was not.

I am soooo thankful to MRC and to this group for helping me during that time and helping me see that I COULD lose weight...it just took some hard work.

I'm back on 3FC, but hanging ont he 20-something and calorie counter boards...but I wanted to come say hello!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:22 PM   #2  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
Hello ladies! Some of you might remember me from last year...I did MRC from Sept 2010 to April 2011.

I lost 40 pounds (taking me to 170) but I fell off the wagon. Totally. I was sooo burnt out on MRC.

Then to top it off, in June we moved...but we had to stay with my MIL for a couple weeks...and it totally threw me off not being able to cook at all. Got me back in my junk/fast food habit quick. Then all I wanted to do was cook in my pretty new kitchen with all my new appliances and gadgets...bad for the waistline!

I have gained back 10-15 pounds and I'm back...but now I'm calorie counting.

I am teaching Zumba now (some of you might remember my goal for hitting 30 pounds lost was to get licensed to teach Zumba) and I'm currently teaching 7 classes a week. It is a blessing and a curse. A blessing that I get paid to work out (and get two free gym memberships at the two gyms I teach at) but a curse because it gave me an excuse to overeat, as in "I'll be teaching 3 classes later, I'll just eat whatever I want).

But all that is behind me. I stopped myself and have made a change, this time I think for the good.

And I think this time its a change I am willing to maintain forever, where for me, MRC was not.

I am soooo thankful to MRC and to this group for helping me during that time and helping me see that I COULD lose weight...it just took some hard work.

I'm back on 3FC, but hanging ont he 20-something and calorie counter boards...but I wanted to come say hello!
Hi Britt! I'm so glad to see you and see that you're doing so well! Even though you fell off the wagon, you caught yourself before you fell too far, and got yourself back on a track to success.

I've been on maintenance since June, though I've lost another 10lbs since then. I haven't had any gains, but I don't really follow the maintenance menu so much as just straight calorie counting at this point.

And, I wanted to tell you that you getting your zumba certification inspired me to work on my yoga certification. I registered for the classes yesterday, and start in February!

Good luck, and stay fit, healthy, and happy!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

hi, Razorback,

i joined MRC in August and have been very successful but planning on when i meet my goal to do the calorie counting. it makes sense and i need something long term that i will stick with so i don't gain back what i lost. i will make sure i'm eating more protein though since that seems to work better for me and has helped w/ my low sugar/hormone issues. i use myfitnesspal and really like how easy it is to track online and from my blackberry.
Best of luck to you!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:47 PM   #4  

Hi Britt..
How wonderful to hear from you.. I made it to maintenance and am doing well..
I follow you on Facebook with your zumba teaching.

I want to wish you the best, Britt and the best of health, happiness for the New Year.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote