Old 11-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #1  

Default what if I become pregnant?

I joined MRC to ultimately lose the weight for myself and then to hopefully become pregnant again.
Now that I am 30 days into the program, I am wondering -- what happens if I become pregnant?
Obviously I will get off the program the moment I get a positive pregnancy test, but what about the time "before" I find out?

I am just really cautious and nervous.

Thanks!
twobabiesinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:58 PM   #2  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobabiesinnc View Post
I joined MRC to ultimately lose the weight for myself and then to hopefully become pregnant again.
Now that I am 30 days into the program, I am wondering -- what happens if I become pregnant?
Obviously I will get off the program the moment I get a positive pregnancy test, but what about the time "before" I find out?

I am just really cautious and nervous.

Thanks!
My sister found out she was pregnant while doing MRC last December. She actually wasn't expecting to get pregnant (40 yrs old, had PCOS and fertility treatments to have her sons previously), so she didn't figure it out until she was about 8-10 weeks along. She stopped the program immediately, and her doctor said she and the baby were fine-- that many women actually end up reducing food intake and lose weight in first trimester simply because of morning sickness/nausea. No big deal.

I also read in an article that you don't actually start to share blood supply with the fetus until about week 6-- so it's not a big deal if women drink alcohol or caffeine in the first few weeks of a pregnancy.

Since you're kind of watching for a pregnancy (as opposed to my sister with her accidental pregnancy), it's likely you'll catch it quickly and all will be fine.

Hope this helps!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #3  

teacherlady79
Thank you so much for that post. It really helps knowing that someone got pregnant while on this program and everything was fine with the baby.
I am worried about the lower calories and the HNS. I would NEVER drink artificial sweeteners on my own -- especially not while pregnant. I am just doing MRC to lose the weight, so that I can have a healthier pregnancy.

So, do I wait for the positive pregnancy test or just keep following the plan as usually.
Because -- there is always the "what if?" I am not really pregnant.

Thanks!
Old 11-25-2011, 10:19 PM   #4  
Started July 1, 2011

S/C/G: 187/157.5/145

Height: 5'6"

I would talk to the MRC consultants AND your doctor about any concerns, just to ease your mind about what you should do.

Good luck! :-)
ginpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

I was on the program when I got pregnant. We had been trying to get pregnant so I knew 10 days post ovulation. At that point, I immediately stopped the program. Then I went into my center and they put me on a medical hold until I was ready.

Good luck!!!
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:26 PM   #6  

Well, I am NOT pregnant,
but had an ovarian cyst. Then, it ruptured.
I am on medical hold, but I am so nervous to get back to MRC because I know I have gained weight.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #7  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobabiesinnc View Post
Well, I am NOT pregnant,
but had an ovarian cyst. Then, it ruptured.
I am on medical hold, but I am so nervous to get back to MRC because I know I have gained weight.
I'm sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. Take care of yourself, and come back when you're ready. We'll be here.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:38 PM   #8  
Not fat, just fluffy!

S/C/G: 270/**see ticker**/200

Height: 5'9

twobabiesinnc...sorry to hear about the cysts, but like you I am PCOS and hoping that by losing a significant amount of weight I can become pregnant. It's always nice to know that there are women out there like you who struggle the same struggle you do. It's hard not worrying about the diet and worrying about the fertility so my husband and I took the baby off the table until I hit at least the 30 pound mark. We both agreed that right now my sole focus should be on getting the weight off in a healthy and lasting way. Now if I should become pregnant before that...well it'd be a great gift. I'd say just don't put so much pressure on yourself. Set a weight goal that's half way to what you really want to be at and then add back in worrying about fertility. Cause if your anything like me...it'll drive not only you batty, but your husband too. Enjoy this time of rediscovering how strong and healthy you are. My husband always tell me when I start to stress about what to eat and what to cook...Enjoy this time rediscovering you babe.

Sorry if its long winded or if it doesn't help, but if you ever want to talk about the struggles...send me a message. I would love to talk about everything.

Cassie
Cassie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

If you're wanting to become pregnant talk to your doctor. He or she may want you to take prenatal vitamins or at least a folic acid supplement "just in case."

If I'm remembering my undergraduate and graduate embryonology coursework, folic acid deficiency is the biggest dietary risks during the first trimester (causing spinal and nervous system deformities such as spina bifada). You can "stack the deck" by taking a supplement - but talk to your doctor first (I'm relying on 20 year old memory, and thus also 20 year old data).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote