Old 12-11-2011, 11:01 PM   #16  

Thanks bigdog! I will look into the Syntrax. After i got my lapband I used Unjury which makes a really good unflavored protein powder. It's worth a look!
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #17  
Roller Derby Diva

S/C/G: 234/221/180

Height: 5'7"

i have a 32 oz bottle that I drink all of my water in. When I first got my HNS I mixed the liquid in w/ my bottle (in front of the lady @ the center) and she was like "woah! ou know your HNS doesn't count towards your water intake, right?"... ummm no - you never mentioned that lol. Oh well, guess I'll have to drink an extra bottle of water!

I like my HNS really diluted - with 20-32 oz of water. I've tried drinking them w/ 8-10oz as instructed but they are too sweet for me too. My center says that's fine as long as you drink all of it. Their only concern is that it may keep you from wanting to drink the rest of your required water...
Breasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:41 PM   #18  

Can anyone tell me why caffeine is not allowed on MRC program? I work at 6:30 every day and going w/o coffee is killing me!
lifter60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

This was posted by Camaswa back in December in another thread.

Quote:
look what I found on that link someone posted:
Elevated Cortisol Levels
Caffeine tells the body to release the stress hormone cortisol, which tells your metabolism to slow down and start storing fat, rather than using it.

Increased Adrenaline
Caffeine causes a release of adrenaline, which prepares the body for increased activity. If you regularly consume caffeine, your metabolic balance will be thrown off and you will feel hungry at times when you really are not, disrupting your metabolism's ability to process what you eat.

Increased Insomnia
Caffeine disrupts the normal sleep cycle, causing insomnia which leads to the slowing of the metabolism and storing of fat.

Increased Appetite
Caffeine stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, causing it to constrict blood vessels and trick the body into thinking it's blood sugar is low. This translates to feelings of hunger as the metabolism doesn't understand that is has enough nutrients already.

Slower Insulin Response
Caffeine impairs the body's insulin response, or ability to correctly process sugars. This slows the metabolism even when taken in small amounts.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote