Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #91  

Jen~love it! Congrats on your hard work; you look fantastic!

Well guys, I weighed in yesterday and was up 1.5 pounds. I've really been struggling with getting my water in for the past several days because it's so cold. And then I realized I haven't pooped (lol!) since before my chicken gnocchi soup incident. And I'm a day or so away from TOM. So I'm trying to take all that into consideration and not get discouraged. Gotta get my water intake back up!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 175/152/135

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Jen, the Dress is beautiful and you compliment the dress so perfectly!

This morning I lost 1/2 a pound! I stopped all the pills for one week to see if I can keep losing weight, I dont want to be on pills if I dont have to. I will soon go to the doctor and see what can be done (if anything is needed) and hopefully RX will be covered.
I keep getting compliments on how I look and it feels good, my size 12 jean are starting to get baggy in the butt and hips so I am working towards a size 10!!! Since I hit 150 this morning my new personal goal is 140 and ultimate goal is 130!! I dont want to be too skinny but a healthy me!! I am hoping I can do this with out the pills that will just save me more money to buy small better fitting clothes!! Keep it going Ladies!! Great motivational site to be a part of!!

Jenni W.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #93  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

1Bighog..Sorry for the gain, but keep your chin up. I'm totally with you on the water intake. It has ALWAYS been my biggest downfall! TOM is on his way out for me, so I'm hoping to be on the right track again. Hopefully yours will come and go quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
And I'm a day or so away from TOM. So I'm trying to take all that into consideration and not get discouraged. Gotta get my water intake back up!
Jenni..Way to go on the 1/2 lb and cool that it was without pills. I can't take all the stuff they recommend. When they ask if I'm taking it I just say yes to everything, even though I'm not..Too many pills and too hard to swallow (literally). We're the same height and weight now and while I know everyone's body (and fashion designer) is different..I'm in a sz 8 Old Navy jean today. I hope you can get those size 10s on very soon. You're well on your way! 130 is an awesome goal. My body really loved 130-135.. I'd love to "see" 115 but want to be around 120-125 for goal. Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggles0312 View Post
I keep getting compliments on how I look and it feels good, my size 12 jean are starting to get baggy in the butt and hips so I am working towards a size 10!!! Since I hit 150 this morning my new personal goal is 140 and ultimate goal is 130!!

Jenni W.
I went to the center today and was down a 1/2 lb from last Thursday. I lost 4, gained 1, then lost 1/2. Hoping I'm on the downward trend for good now. I spent a LOT of time with the counselor b/c no one else was there and I took notes and gathered a ton of information for foods, recipes, emotions, everything. It was very helpful. I really do love my center and at least 2 of the ladies there are awesome! They recommended the saliva test which I kind of ignored since I just had a full blood/hormone work up a month ago. I do need some supplies but I'll need to order online for a better price. I'm almost done with my chocolate truffle drink and I know I'll need more hot chocolate and chicken soup.

BIGDOG..What bars do you recommend from DietDirect, and what soup do you get? Just the clear, or the cream of chicken? I need to place another order (more chocolate and possibly a fruit punch or lemonade), but wanted to get some bars and creamy drinks as well.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #94  

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you everyone for the compliments! You are all so sweet!

For those of you that think it's going to be forever until you are near your goal, try not to think in those terms. Take it a day at a time. This journey hasn't been the easiest one. I have had my temptations and trials just like all of you. The trick is, when you fall off the proverbial wagon, you have to pick yourself back up, someway, somehow, and keep on going. This isn't an overnight transformation. I started back at MRC on February 23, 2011. That's 9 months, 14 days. 288 DAYS!!! I had a child in less time than that.

What I'm trying to say is just stick with it. Follow the program and you will see results. It just takes time and commitment. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Losing weight is as much (if not more) of a MENTAL game as it is a physical game. Nothing's overnight, but with the right attitude, before you know it, you will get there.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #95  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Weighed in today and at 174!!! woo hoo! getting closer to the 160s every day! i'm refocused and am ON PLAN and getting all my water in! i haven't had a protein bar since Sunday and i do think that has really helped w/ the weight loss. i wasn't really using them to replace a meal alot of times and got into a habit of haviing one every night for dessert. now if i want a dessert, i have sugar free fat free jello (10 cal. vs. 180 cal. for bar and no carbs). Reading all of your success stories has remotivated me to continue to lose more weight. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Rocki, i like the chicken noodle the best and can eat by itself. the cream of mushroom by itself is nasty. i think maybe i'll use it to bake chicken or fish in. for the bars, i got the variety pack of Bari wise (but i was abusing them and eating too many). i have the Protidiet Hot Chocolate but i like the Syntrax Choc. Truffle better hot (and love it cold!) mixed w/ left over decaf coffee and ice - just like a mocha chocal. shake) i get the Protidiet Pink Lemonade (large container) - Love it!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #96  

Thanks, Jen. I know this is ALL mental for me. I "know" what I need to do...I teach it for crying out loud (well, a similar topic), but my behavior and stick to it-ness is what needs work. i haven't stuck to anything this long ever. Well, the one time I did lose 25 lbs, but I was motivated by wanting to have a better dating life...that motivation is gone now I have to remember I was tempted the first day to eat chocolate and didn't do it because I had paid someone a bunch of money. Now the motivation is to hit my goal for ME.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #97  

Jen....
I just saw a picture of you now and you look beautiful and what a shape. Sooooo happy for you, Jen. You worked hard and look at you today.. What a great site to see. Thanks for sharing that with everyone.

Congrats to all those that lost weight, and for those struggling, hang in there, just come on to this forum for motivation. That saved me many times, when I thought I was going to blow it.

Hope everyone has a great day and think thin.

Patzi
Old 12-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #98  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bighog View Post
Jen~love it! Congrats on your hard work; you look fantastic!

Well guys, I weighed in yesterday and was up 1.5 pounds. I've really been struggling with getting my water in for the past several days because it's so cold. And then I realized I haven't pooped (lol!) since before my chicken gnocchi soup incident. And I'm a day or so away from TOM. So I'm trying to take all that into consideration and not get discouraged. Gotta get my water intake back up!
BigHog, alot of times to get my water in if i know i'm having a super busy day is to drink a huge glass first thing in the morning - like even 32 oz. (or 2 bottles) i'm outside sales so do know all the pitstops! :-) my DH laughs because at home, i'll have a bottle of water in each room and always have water in the car. i bet your weight gain is all water. and for the other problem, try that Smooth Tea..it's really good (Walgreens and Walmart has it) or and TOM will def. cause water retention. just stay on plan and after TOM, you'll see a loss. i'll bet ya! :-)
Old 12-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #99  
readytobea10

S/C/G: 225/220.4/165

Height: 5'9"

Default new to MRC

Hi all! I just started MRC 11/25/11 and I am down 7 pounds so far. I purchased the Ketostix to check for ketones and so far i'm negative. Are any of you positive and if so how long did it take you to get there? Thanks
Old 12-07-2011, 08:45 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobea10 View Post
Hi all! I just started MRC 11/25/11 and I am down 7 pounds so far. I purchased the Ketostix to check for ketones and so far i'm negative. Are any of you positive and if so how long did it take you to get there? Thanks
I've actually never been positive and talked to people who have been successful on this and never did either.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 175/152/135

Rocki,

Thanks for the encouragement, it is appreciated very much! I havent seen 139 since I joined the Military in 1997!! So this will be interesting when I hit 140 and just see how good I look. I am doing this 1. for my health, 2. for my kids, and 3 forthe trip to the hawaiian islands this summer, I want to look really good in a bathing suit!! I want my hubs to drool! LOL, sorry, he is working overseas and my new figure will surprise him! He only know how much I weight!
Tonights dinner was the VHP drink, I added some frozen strawberries to help the tast ans some splenda. I know fruit is not on my dinner portion! The VHP shakes do not seem very tasty unless I change it up. Any one got some good recipes to share??
Old 12-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #102  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytobea10 View Post
Welcome and congrats on the loss! I'm almost at my goal weight and rarely, if ever, went positive. If I did, it was minimal.

Quote:
Tonights dinner was the VHP drink, I added some frozen strawberries to help the tast ans some splenda. I know fruit is not on my dinner portion! The VHP shakes do not seem very tasty unless I change it up. Any one got some good recipes to share??
I usually mix my VHP drink with one of the HNS drinks. I've done Wildberry and Orange. It definitely helps the taste, but it does take some getting used to.

Last edited by JenB72; 12-07-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #103  

Earlier today I thought I was literally starving to death on this diet...my stomach hurt so bad, felt like I was going to pass out, and I was at the mall of all places...nothing I could eat and about an hour from home. I thought "I am going to have to change this." On the way home I realized it wasn't hunger, it was the stomach bug This sucks!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #104  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Was this the vanilla VHP shake? Ick. I never could get myself to come close to enjoying that one, even with an HNS added to it. It wasn't terrible with some of that Mio water flavoring in it, though.

The chocolate one was way better, IMO--not as much aftertaste. You have to drink it really cold, though. I usually blended it with water in my magic bullet, then added 1-2 ice cubes and blended again. That makes it cold enough that it's pretty darn good.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:14 AM   #105  

Hi, everyone! I know I haven't been responding to people lately, but I have been reading everyone's posts and I'm thinking of you guys. This week has been crazy busy! I have two very part time jobs; I usually work my first job just a couple of days a month and my second job is only 6 hours a week, but this week I've worked Tuesday morning & evening at job #2, Wednesday morning at job #1, Wednesday evening at job #2, I'm working this morning and tonight a job #2, then job #1 again tomorrow. Oh, did you guys know I also have four kids in 10 sports/activities and I play in a concert band and I have a concert tonight????

Anyway, so I did start my period yesterday and I am terribly crampy today! I do not usually have cramps. This is my first cycle on MRC (well, my first one was while I was in pre condition)...is it a coincidence that I'm crampy or could it be the diet?

Last edited by 1bighog; 12-08-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Closed Thread