tips for airplane travel?

• I will be traveling on a cross country business trip from the West Coast to Atlanta in a couple of weeks. Wondering if I'll get questioned about liquid HNS packets in my purse. Definetely cant take anything pre-mixed... Maybe this would be a time for some bars as meal replacements. Does anyone have any experience??

Then in addition to the travel days, there are 3 days meetings and meals with colleagues. For me, this would be a easy time to go off program but it is a week long trip plus it is too close to Christmas to lose momentum. Help! I need a plan, dont I?
  • I just flew last week, had liquid HNS in my carry on and didn't even get questioned. To tell you the truth, it was such a rush trip I didn't even think about it and they didn't say anything. I watched the TSA agent and her screen (it was positioned so I could) and she was more concerned about my steel toed boots in my bag than the liquids. LOL Go figure.

Definitely get a plan together and bring your F&C Blockers. Something things won't be in your control, but for what is, I'd plan ahead. When I went, I planned where and what I would eat in the airports and where I was at. It made everything go a lot better.
  • Qq
    Quote: I will be traveling on a cross country business trip from the West Coast to Atlanta in a couple of weeks. Wondering if I'll get questioned about liquid HNS packets in my purse. Definetely cant take anything pre-mixed... Maybe this would be a time for some bars as meal replacements. Does anyone have any experience??

Then in addition to the travel days, there are 3 days meetings and meals with colleagues. For me, this would be a easy time to go off program but it is a week long trip plus it is too close to Christmas to lose momentum. Help! I need a plan, dont I?
    not sure about taking HNSs on board but would definitely order a bunch of meal replacement bars from Diet Direct! (variety pack is great - 7 different flavors) what i do when i'm eating out is most of the time order salads w/ lean protein or chicken and just get the dressing on the side.... when you get to the hotel, can you buy V-8 and cheese, melba toast to keep in room? what i do when i'm out is eat less of the bad stuff and try to add as many veggies as you can. i've even blotted food w/ a napkin if it wasn't cooked the way i wanted... when i was on vacation, i had alot of the protein bars and lost 2 lbs... (and drank alot of HNSs) we even did the seafood buffet, had BBQ... Good luck, i know you will do well...keep us posted!
  • You are screwed....LOL Just kidding!

I have traveled quite a bit while OP and didn't lose weight, but didn't gain either when I returned. I did meal replacement bars for breakfasts...Subway salads for lunch (if you can locate one), and dinner out of my choice....while still being somewhat careful Still did my HNS and supplements daily also.

I packed my HNS in their box in my suitcase...didn't take in a carry-on. Too darn expensive to get taken away!! LOL Just drank one before my flight and after...etc..

One thing that worked out great for me was I have a water jug I carry constantly...and at the airport, every restaurant was willing to fill it up for me with ice and water...even if I purchased nothing from them. This way, I was sure to get my water in!

Travelling is sorta hard, but doable. Try to make your goal realistic for yourself. If your goal is to simply "maintain" your weight while you are away, it is much less overwhelming than trying to lose any while on a trip.
    Hope that helps!
  • Quote: I will be traveling on a cross country business trip from the West Coast to Atlanta in a couple of weeks. Wondering if I'll get questioned about liquid HNS packets in my purse. Definetely cant take anything pre-mixed... Maybe this would be a time for some bars as meal replacements. Does anyone have any experience??

we hardly ever fly (usually drive or RV!) but i asked my friend who travels all the time and is on the MRC plan...
    "I take the liquid green tea and berry plus the powder cocoa plus Balance bars. I usually check a bag so I can have as much liquid as I want. I also take shampoo conditioner and hairspray. Large containers - not travel size."
  • These are great suggestions. I will get some bars. (I had always been afraid I would eat them like candy) And I will have my iPhone so I will stay on the boards during my trip too. That should help. I think Tami is right that maintaining should probably be the goal. Thanks, you guys!
  • I leave on my 5-day business trip tomorrow, so I thought I should revisit your suggestions and firm up my plan. I am going to do take meal replacement shakes (powder) and try MediQuick on the travel days. Lots of HNSs. And gym stuff to workout or at least walk. I'm staying on Michigan Ave. in Chicago- that will be fun to walk with all the Christmas lights. I don't know what it will be like in Atlanta but the hotel does have a gym. I figure if I stay OP on the daytime, plus exercise, the business dinners can be managable. It's just going to take some discipline. I have to envision how cool it would be to come home lighter. Even a pound. I'm so close to being out of the 170s....
  • i love Chicago!!! they have alot of underground malls too so even if it's freezing you can walk in a heated area and shop too. they have little markets too so you can get fresh fruit, veggies and cheese, etc. we told them to take the stuff out of our refrig. and kept our own stuff there. or you could get a little cooler and use their ice to chill your stuff.. we stayed at the Swissôtel Chicago - the city is gorgeous and we were amazed at how safe the city was even at night. felt comfortable walking around at all hours...
    anytime i go out to eat, i get a salad w/ some kind of protein on it. which is my fave meal anyway - have a great time! i'm betting you hit the 160s when you're there!!! woo hoo!!!
  • Thanks! You're the best.
  • For those of you who have recently flown, can you carry on food bars? For some reason I thought you could only have the food your purchased inside the airport (after going thru screening).
  • Quote: For those of you who have recently flown, can you carry on food bars? For some reason I thought you could only have the food your purchased inside the airport (after going thru screening).
    Yes, you can travel with bars and the packets of HNSs. The rule is mostly about liquids. Its wierd, though. Once i had to beg to keep an unopened yougurt. Definitely any prepared food purchased before going through security is not allowed. I had great success talking the powdered form of the meal replacement shake. Once I got through security I bought a bottle of water and mixed it up for the flight.

Now that I am back, I'm not going to get any more bars for a while. They did help me stay away from other stuff but I have a hard time staying out of THEM too!
  • I am traveling next month and I only do a carry on bag. I plan on taking only the powder forms of the HNS and buying groceries when I land. Luckily I am staying with family.
  • Cool tips. I would also add that when choosing an airline for a flight, it is important to read the reviews of passengers so as not to end up in an unpleasant situation. And I want to leave a source recommendation https://voyagu.com/destinations/busi...to-asia-japan/ with great deals for buying business class tickets. I am sure that for those who appreciate comfort like me, this recommendation will be useful.