Old 11-02-2011, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254.8/254.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Anyone with little ones??

Hi all -

Like I said on a different thread, I'm just re-starting.

Have 13 month old twins! Anyone else with little ones? Trying to cook for hubby/kids and me will be a challenge!!
karo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:57 PM   #2  

I have a 3 and a 5 year old. The 5 year old is adventurous and will eat most fruits, veggies, and many meats. My 3 year old is picky so he ends up eating a lot of pb sandwiches & apples. So I'm really just gong to continue making one meal for the family, may just add an extra side for them. Breakfast they all generally eat cereal or poptarts which I never ate and am not tempted by so I can keep them in the house. Lunch with the kids I make them something similar to what I have...like today I had open faced tuna sandwich, apples, and tomatoes. The kids had a PB sandwich instead of the tuna.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
I have a 3 and a 5 year old. The 5 year old is adventurous and will eat most fruits, veggies, and many meats. My 3 year old is picky so he ends up eating a lot of pb sandwiches & apples. So I'm really just gong to continue making one meal for the family, may just add an extra side for them. Breakfast they all generally eat cereal or poptarts which I never ate and am not tempted by so I can keep them in the house. Lunch with the kids I make them something similar to what I have...like today I had open faced tuna sandwich, apples, and tomatoes. The kids had a PB sandwich instead of the tuna.
I didn't think we could have bread at lunch.
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #4  

I am on preconditioning...the person I talked to told me to pick one thing from each list.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I have a 4 year old and a 7 year old. I would say about 95% of the time we all eat the same thing. I do not cook with any of the HNS which helps a lot. They are both great eaters and haven't had an issues with anything I have made so far. I have only be OP for a little over a month. Luckily my husband is also OP so that makes things easier too. Good luck!
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #6  
Started July 1, 2011

S/C/G: 187/157.5/145

Height: 5'6"

I have one at college, and four at home, ages 17, 8, and three year old twins (boy/girl). Sometimes (like tonight) they eat what I eat - we had tilapia and broccoli with a piece of cinnamon toast for "dessert". Most of the time, I cook something separate for myself.

I'm having a hard time with all the Halloween candy right now!!
ginpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM   #7  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

I'm a single mother of a 3 year old and 5 year old I do everything on my lunch break (like working out) I'm up most mornings at 5am to pack lunches etc.

I do have a live in nanny though, so she cooks dinner.
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 254.8/254.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Good to know so many others out there! My husband is not OP (he's 6'4", 170....needs to gain weight!) so I'm trying to fix one thing for them and one for me, and then all share the same veggies...but using the same things when I can.

I use emealz which helps me with meal planning...so for example Saturday I'm doing chicken and asparagus - theirs with sauce, etc and mine just with Mrs. Dash

hopefully it won't prove too hard! Usually my hardest time of day is at lunch (at work) anyway. I'm usually so tired that by the time I get them to bed I want to just eat something quickly and get in bed!!!

I did pack 4 days worth of lunches last night...so that's good planning lol
karo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:51 AM   #9  

You hit on the key for me...planning ahead! Even before I started MRC I was planning for sure the evening meals. I'm still doing the same and then can see when I need to make adaptations for my kids and make sure I take meat out to be thawed, have eggs boiled, veggies cut, etc.