Old 10-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/206.5/180

Height: 5'10

Default Any teachers out there?

I am really struggling since school got back in session. I started July 6 and was down 25 pounds on august 17th. I have now maintained that weight but i have no motivation to get to the center to get weighed. I do well during breakfast and lunch but dinners need to be quick and i usually make bad decisions then!

I have 180 students this year and teach 6 blocks a day... this schedule is making me crazy!

I am hoping that i can find the motivation to support me do me! I need to lose about 45 more pounds and i want to do that before i am going to be a bridesmaid on June 2 next year! I can do this! It is ONE year... i will do these!

Any other teachers out there feeling like this year is super rough?
twinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #2  

I am a second grade teacher. What I am struggling with at school is having the time to eat my healthy lunch...and drinking enough water...
I have been on program for 44 days and have lost 10 lbs.
I have 68 more to go!
lorij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/178/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi,

The water thing is the hardest for me at school. Also, there are treats everywhere. Good luck. My weight loss has really slowed since going back to work. The summer was much easier to get the water in, but harder to resist the urge to eat when bored.
brandy8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:46 PM   #4  

Treats in the lounge...ugh! I have thought about walking an alternative route outside the building just to avoid the lounge! LOL.
On our last treat day I took the spinach artichoke dip from the MRC cookbook...got lots of compliments on it and at least felt less guilty about enjoying a treat at school!
lorij1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #5  

I and another teacher both joined the same day and that has made it all easier. We had a faculty dinner and both of us took food items that were OP. I take my lunch and am able to have my water whenever I need it. We have not announced that we are on a "diet", but one fellow teacher remarked the other day that "you 2 are really eating healthy". I found that once I had my routine down, it is easier each day.
JodiH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I haven't responded in awhile but I am also a teacher. I know the problems that we face and I am able to stay on program during the summer. Once school starts, yes it is more difficult.
I think that we are now headed into the most difficult months. I teach kindergarten so food is an issue as well as the facility lounge across from my classroom.
I've been on MRC since Jan 2010 and have lost about 50 pounds. What works for me? Most definately bring your lunch and HSN's. The HSN's help during those hunger and/or stress times. I also keep shakes and bars. Some days I eat a protein bar while working on the computer. Some days you just don't have time to eat.
I think that this weight loss issue is always in your head. Once you are in the right mindset, the choices get easier and healthier. But once your focus or drive starts to cave in, then there's trouble!
I'm planning to learn from the lessons from last year and not go into a binge phase once the holidays arrive.
Good luck!
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote