Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Well, I do agree with Candi also...but I am not stopping the program. I am going to gradually Stabilize and move into Maintenance..this may all be occuring during the holidays, however, I have no intention of going crazy over the holidays..or falling off the wagon because gaining isn't an option for me That is a commitment I have made with myself...I just needed a change of pace for a period of time is all....my feeling burnt out would have been counter~productive in the long run, and I don't want to mess up all that I have done so far. I think key for me was just to get creative with the path I am on...while continuing forward OP, just adding a few curves on the path so it doesn't feel so overwhelming. Hope that makes sense!
totally makes sense! You sound like you have a really good perspective on everything. Not to mention a counselor we would all LOVE to have you will be fine.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #47  

Jen-that is hard when you have a little one sick and hubby is gone...about a month ago husband was gone on a business trip for a week and both kids got strep. I wasn't getting sleep and I was struggling just to survive. Hope the kiddo gets batter soon!

I'm glad to say that on day 3 of conditioning things are so much better. I wasn't ever truly hungry...just tempted with boredom eating. Losing a little over 3 pounds helps the motivation. I have a scrapbooking retreat this weekend, which USUALLY means chocolate, frappes, more chocolate...so I've already got my veggies cut and bought some fresh pineapple...just have to boil some eggs and a few other necessities. I'm determined to stay on track.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:16 PM   #48  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

Patzi: Thanks for your words of encouragement. I really wanted to get that 5 pounds! Well, I went to WI today and lost 1.5, so now I'm 5.5 under goal! Now, the real challenge for me begins with keeping the weight off! I am determined to continue through all of my maintenance weeks because that is where I've always gotten off track before. I get the weight off, but then return to old habits. I really think this program has taught me healthier eating habits and that will certainly help! I've also learned that I can allow myself a treat now and then, but then need to get right back OP for the next meal. In the past, I was guilty of the mindset "well, I already blew it today, might as well start again tomorrow."Then, tomorrow turns into next week, and so on! I also plan to continue to get on my scale every morning and record my weight in my weight journal (there's extra accountability here b/c my hubby peeks at my journal from time to time!!). I've gotten rid of all my big clothes (another thing I've never done before-always kept them-just in case!) This time, there won't be a just in case because I feel WAY to good right now to go back down that road again!
Elizabeth
Old 11-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #49  

Height: 5' 5"

Time to get back in the swing of things! Told y'all I'd have replies.

Bigdog – Thanks for the info on the app. I’ll have to check it out. Have fun camping!

Camaswa – I’m with you. Between being sick, vacation, a friend’s passing, hubby out of town for the funeral, and a sick munchkin, I went OP too. It’s one of the few times it’s been a struggle for me to get back OP. I sat there last night trying to figure out what were my patterns that kept me OP because I am a creature of habit. Coming to this board often was one of them. Therefore, here I am. It also included planning, planning, and more planning. So, I’m organizing my drinks and supplements today and will be doing some cooking and freezing this weekend to make things easier. I’ve just got to get back into my routine that worked for me. Not sure if that helps, but it’s worth a shot. Good luck!

Candi – You are a ROCK STAR!!!! I feel like I’m watching you on a virtual “Biggest Loser.” LOL I love hearing about your weigh ins! You are proof that if you stay disciplined and take control of the program, it does work. Congratulations!!!!! I read what you said about posting your story on your FB page. Not sure why I’ve never done that. I may just have to.

Elizabeth – Congrats on reaching the 5+ below goal! Totally awesome!!!

Fluffy In Florida – Congrats on the new jeans! Isn’t that the best feeling in the world?!

Junie - Great to see you around!

Karo112 – Welcome! I’m post baby too (my munchkin just turned 2 a couple of weeks ago) and I’m in better shape now that when I got pregnant. I’m about 20 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight with 12 more to go. I wasn’t sure if my body would cooperate with all it had been through (severe pre-eclampsia and 11 blood pressure pills a day after giving birth), but it can be done. I’ll e-mail you the packet of info we have. I hope it helps. Also, this board is a tremendous resource. In some ways, it’s helped me more than the center. Visit often!

Kristih6 – Welcome! Hope you have a great class today! We’re here for you so feel free to post anytime you have a question or need support.

Linzbear329 – Welcome! A 5.5 pound loss is awesome! You’re now in ONE-derland. This board is a fantastic support system. Hope to see you posting more often!

Nwcgina – Welcome and YES, you can do this! You have a great attitude and I’m excited for you. Hope to see you here often. The ticker comes after 20 days on the board and 20 posts. It’s a great motivational tool. I love coming back from a WI and updating it. It keeps me going. Good luck this weekend!!! Maybe you’ll be a good influence on others.

Patzi – I love watching you stick to your 5 under goal. And you are definitely proof that just because you gain a couple pounds, doesn’t mean you can’t immediately lose them.

Rocki – Welcome back! I’ll e-mail you the packet today.

Tami – First off…40 pounds!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!! I support your decision of sticking through it through November. If you feel a temporary maintenance is what you need, then by all means do it. I was last year where you are now. The difference was, I didn’t even try to maintain. I had a munchkin that wasn’t sleeping through the night (14 months till she did) and dealing with post-partum depression. I said exactly what you said. If you can maintain your weight through the holidays (or at least close), you may feel re-energized come the new year to continue your journey. But, by all means, stay with us so we can give you the support to get through this phase. :hugs:
Old 11-04-2011, 10:57 AM   #50  

Goneforgood1128.. See.... You made it.. You will fluctuate, that is part of maintenance.. If you have a problem, just ask, and I will suggest how to get it back off.. Don't worry about it, just enjoy the new you and be proud of yourself.

I had maintenance weigh in and stayed the same.. This week I tried having a piece of blueberry pie .. And no gain, so that is a good thing. Am happy about that.

Congratulations to the newbies and want to wish you all the luck in your new weight loss challenge.. It is sure worth it

Patzi

For those of you struggling here is some more uplifting weight loss news from my center...
. . I noticed a picture
on wall of before and after and I know that gal, as we have chatted in waiting room waiting to be weighed, etc. as we were this morning.
She went from a size 26 to a size 12. Gosh, the before and after are two different people. She lost 124 pounds and 115 inches and she had tight slacks on, hip hugging and a tight top tucked in with the cutest belt and looked absolutely fantastic. So you see, ladies, and any men if there are any, that it is possible. I asked her how does she feel about all this weight loss and the new person she has become and her answers were thus:
True committment of staying OP did it. If she cheated, she was cheating herself and learned this real fast. She was amazed at how easy the program was and how fast the weight started coming off.. She feels like a completely different person than she was 11 months ago. She loves life
and one of the rewards is the new wardrobe. She also has found that her marriage has become renewed in a wonderful romantic way with the new person she has become inside and out.
Patzi
Old 11-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 254.8/254.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Jen - Thanks! Definitely would love the packet. I also had pre-eclampsia but not as badly as you it sounds like - I just had an emergency c section - I was already full term, even for twins, so it turned out good!

so far everything has been "easy." I'm not hungry but like someone else said SO TEMPTED by old habits and BOREDOM eating. That's the worst. I have to ask myself, "Are you really hungry?" and 9/10 times I'm not! So even though it's just one day - I have to start somewhere!

I have a WI tomorrow, so it'll be a good gauge. I really want to lose 15 pounds by December 1...seems like a lot but I feel like I'm active enough and have enough water weight that it's doable!
Old 11-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #52  

I have been thinking about why I got so offtrack and why it just seemed to snowball. So remember, I'm the one who started the thread "I miss my wine!". Well there was going away happy hour for a colleague last Friday, and I succumbed. I did not eat the nachos and buffalo wings but I had several drinks. Then when I got home, the eating started. It's like I was trying to soak up the alcohol. Of course the next day I felt really tired, which is another trigger: food will make me feel better, right? Two days after that, another work event with cocktails then dinner at a very nice place. I succumbed again. And the whole cycle of overdoing, feeling crummy, having cravings started again. At home I was doing great with the drinking, but these social events are a different story. But now that I see the pattern in no uncertain terms I hope I will be able to keep it from starting. I don't sense that social alcohol is an issue for the regular participants on this board, but at least I've gotten it off my chest...
MET OCTOBER GOAL OF 7 POUNDS - NOVEMBER GOAL 5 POUNDS

Last edited by camaswa; 11-04-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 PM   #53  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
I have been thinking about why I got so offtrack and why it just seemed to snowball. So remember, I'm the one who started the thread "I miss my wine!". Well there was going away happy hour for a colleague last Friday, and I succumbed. I did not eat the nachos and buffalo wings but I had several drinks. Then when I got home, the eating started. It's like I was trying to soak up the alcohol. Of course the next day I felt really tired, which is another trigger: food will make me feel better, right? Two days after that, another work event with cocktails then dinner at a very nice place. I succumbed again. And the whole cycle of overdoing, feeling crummy, having cravings started again. At home I was doing great with the drinking, but these social events are a different story. But now that I see the pattern in no uncertain terms I hope I will be able to keep it from starting. I don't sense that social alcohol is an issue for the regular participants on this board, but at least I've gotten it off my chest...
MET OCTOBER GOAL OF 7 POUNDS - NOVEMBER GOAL 5 POUNDS
We all have "issues." You certainly are not some kind of exception on this board! I think that the greatest part of your vent to us is that you identified what occured and owned it. You know what you need to do going forward, so just focus on that direction, not looking back and beating yourself up. Part of this journey we all relate to is being human...and letting circumstances get the best of us at times. I, too, do great AT HOME...but I can't lock myself up here 24/7~ Just keep on plucking along...7 lbs in October? That is an AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be so very proud of yourself We all need to pat ourselves on the back more....

Last edited by Tamikl; 11-04-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #54  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I have my drinks and need to get started.. I am doing my best to gain 10 lbs before I start (not purposefully, just stressed I guess). I know it's not going to happen this weekend. So, Monday is my start date. I'm going to try and get to the center and get some chicken soup mix tomorrow. If I can't, no big deal. I have two huge containers of Chocolate Truffle and Fuzzy Navel (both no sugars, no carbs, no fat, so they s/b a clear, not creamy). I also have shakes and bars for the days I may need to do the Meta-Quik plan.

I hope you all have a great weekend and here's to an awesome November for us all! Thanks for all the great advice and support here.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #55  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

Well, hubby and I went out to dinner tonight to celebrate our 16th anniversary. I ate chicken, roasted veggies and ginger-lime slaw (not the creamy kind). That's all good, but I also had a "skinny" Long Island Tea (supposed to be less than 130 calories). I also drank a lot of extra water and plan to do the same tomorrow, so hopefully it won't be too bad on the scale next week! I've never used the carb/fat blocker, but they seem to be pushing it every time I go in. Maybe I'll give in and give it a try! I'm a little nervous about it causing stomach problems--anyone have any problems taking it?

Congrats to all the losers! Hang in there, especially if you're struggling right now-trust me there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Elizabeth
Old 11-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Had WI today and was completely shocked by the results. I lost 3 lbs since last week and 12 inches from last month. So needless to I am happy (even though my new jeans are a bit loose already lol). I just never expected 12 inches ( now at 44.5 total) and 3 lbs in one week.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #57  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Elizabeth,
Happy Anniversary (my hubby and I just celebrated 15 years in September). You're close to my height and starting weight. How long have you been on plan? You're doing awesome! Are you @ 114lbs now, or 120? Either way, that is amazing! Do you have any pictures we can see? 115 is my "ultimate" goal (I'd love to stay around 120, but really want to see what 115 looks like on me)..Do you have any advice for sticking to plan or special meals that help you stay on program? Congrats on your success so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneforgood1128 View Post
Well, hubby and I went out to dinner tonight to celebrate our 16th anniversary. I ate chicken, roasted veggies and ginger-lime slaw (not the creamy kind). That's all good, but I also had a "skinny" Long Island Tea (supposed to be less than 130 calories). I also drank a lot of extra water and plan to do the same tomorrow, so hopefully it won't be too bad on the scale next week! I've never used the carb/fat blocker, but they seem to be pushing it every time I go in. Maybe I'll give in and give it a try! I'm a little nervous about it causing stomach problems--anyone have any problems taking it?

Congrats to all the losers! Hang in there, especially if you're struggling right now-trust me there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Elizabeth

Fluffy in FL..what part of FL are you in and what's your name? I'm near Tampa. Congrats on your losses in both pounds and inches!! You're doing great! I remember pants getting loose way faster than I expected..can't wait to have that again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
Had WI today and was completely shocked by the results. I lost 3 lbs since last week and 12 inches from last month. So needless to I am happy (even though my new jeans are a bit loose already lol). I just never expected 12 inches ( now at 44.5 total) and 3 lbs in one week.

Last edited by Rocki; 11-05-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post

Fluffy in FL..what part of FL are you in and what's your name? I'm near Tampa. Congrats on your losses in both pounds and inches!! You're doing great! I remember pants getting loose way faster than I expected..can't wait to have that again!
I live in the panhandle in Crestview.
Wendy

Thanks! I hate clothes shopping (well shopping in general) so I'm not really looking forward to the whole shopping thing. The only reason I even bought jeans was for some reason I got rid of this size only lol.

Last edited by Fluffy in Florida; 11-05-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #59  

Thank you Tami!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
My gosh-fluffy- that is astounding! Good for you!
Closed Thread