saliva test worth it?

• They want to charge an additional $100 for this test.
    Is it worth it? Will I lose faster or more weight if they have this knowledge of cortisol?
  • This one is like the supplements.. everyone has their own opinion.

I did not buy the test kit and don't plan to do so unless I just stop loosing for a long period of time.

I already know my body produces more estrogen but I also have Implanon (birth control implant) which produces more pregesterone.

Not sure if it will speed up your weight loss - again, everyone is different.
  • I did the saliva and they used it as an opportunity to try to sell me more products, the consultant made it seem like all of my numbers were the worst she's seen. I'm taking the results with me when I go to the doctor on November 22nd. I will know then whether it was worth it to me or not.
  • My personal opinion is to get your medical information and care from your health care professional .... not paid sales people. Everyone has their own opinion about this and many other things with the program and centers.
  • Quote: They want to charge an additional $100 for this test.
    Is it worth it? Will I lose faster or more weight if they have this knowledge of cortisol?
    i wasn't given the choice, i had to take it and it was $100 i went in w/ a $100 off coupon so they threw the test in so really i was paying the regular price $300 for the plan. of course the results came back saying that i needed to buy 4 to 5 supplements and that my hormones were all out of whack (which they weren't at all.) believe you me, my husband would have told me...LOL! i had my yearly exam sched. anyway that month so told the consultant that i would ck w/ my doctor. she looked at the results and said all was good and normal. the funny thing is once i told MRC that i was going to ck w/ my doc, they never bugged me about it again! so dropped the sales pitch...funny, huh?
  • I don't know
    I just received my results from my saliva test today. They said that I have high estrogen and my cortisol is high-normal at night. So then she said that I need to have the cream, DIM, and Cortotrim. I told her that I will buy it later this week....which all honesty I am not. I didn't like the fact that they were pushing their products on me. I am losing weight fine without the added supplements. The only thing that I am taking is the fish oil and the multi-vitmin...that's enough.
  • Quote: I just received my results from my saliva test today. They said that I have high estrogen and my cortisol is high-normal at night. So then she said that I need to have the cream, DIM, and Cortotrim. I told her that I will buy it later this week....which all honesty I am not. I didn't like the fact that they were pushing their products on me. I am losing weight fine without the added supplements. The only thing that I am taking is the fish oil and the multi-vitmin...that's enough.
    Funny...my results were the same. I think they tell all of us that we are "Estrogen Dominant!" I was told to buy the same products as you! Good for you....the truth is we will lose weight simply by the diet we are on...We don't need all the extras to get there. I am glad I know that now...will save me a lot of money!

Tami

Quote: My personal opinion is to get your medical information and care from your health care professional .... not paid sales people. Everyone has their own opinion about this and many other things with the program and centers.
    I totally agree with you, Deb. MRC consultants are not medical professionals, ladies. We need to get guidance from our doctors. I wish I had done that when I started this program almost 6 months ago....would have saved me a lot of money.

Tami

Quote: They want to charge an additional $100 for this test.
    Not worth it....not even accurate results from Saliva. If you have a concern, your doctor can run blood work to check hormone balance. Save your money...If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have paid for the kit, either.

Tami
  • When I joined I was told the test was included in my joining fee. I did the spitting and sent it all in. But they have never mentioned the results to me. I can see that they are in my chart, but no one has offered to show it to me. Could it be that spmewhere on my chart is something that tells them, 'don't bother- she won't buy the supplements???' I really wonder. I think next time I will ask for a copy. I have PCOS, so all that hormone stuff is a bit more complex for me. I would never take what they suggest, only a gynecologist or reproductive endocrinologist. And I am not sure they consider saliva testing to be legit.