3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Does the carb/fat blocker work? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/245075-does-carb-fat-blocker-work.html)

camaswa 10-13-2011 05:04 PM

Does the carb/fat blocker work?

What is your experience? I have noticed a lot of posters mention that they always keep it in their purses. So far I have not purchased any of the add-on stuff. Reviews?

mama4901 10-14-2011 09:19 AM

I use it any time I am going out to eat. I believe in it!

JenB72 10-14-2011 12:31 PM

Comparing the times I forget to use it and when I do, it definitely works. However, that doesn't mean you can go completely crazy with your food. It only works for a certain amount of fat & carbs.

patzi 10-14-2011 12:33 PM

I used it anytime I go out.. When I reached maintenance, I used this supplement only. It does work.

Patzi

camaswa 10-14-2011 05:42 PM

ok, I have resisted buying extra stuff but today I did buy this. If its is good enough for Patzi, its good enough for me. I posted in the Oct. thread about the dinner party I have to go to, so I wont repeat it here. But I will take this before I go and hope it helps. Thanks ladies.

bigdog 10-15-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaswa (Post 4071293)
ok, I have resisted buying extra stuff but today I did buy this. If its is good enough for Patzi, its good enough for me. I posted in the Oct. thread about the dinner party I have to go to, so I wont repeat it here. But I will take this before I go and hope it helps. Thanks ladies.

how much is it? if all of you say it works, then it must work! i believe you guys more than what the counselors at the center tell me :-)

PamBlue 10-16-2011 12:45 AM

Does it work like Alli? So if I have Atlli, will it do the same thing?

InfiinityFreshman 10-16-2011 04:54 PM

I have not heard of this fat blocker. What is the point of it?

naschlim 10-16-2011 10:12 PM

I am wondering what this is as well? I did used the Big 3 supps for the first month but have not bought anymore yet. Do you think this works better than those 3 or in addition to them? I think I'll be heading into my center for an open house this week and want to know what to spend my $ on and what to pass on! Thanks:)
Nichole

Fluffy in Florida 10-17-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PamBlue (Post 4072529)
Does it work like Alli? So if I have Atlli, will it do the same thing?

I called and asked about this because at one point I had used Alli. It does not work like alli, it does not have a stimulant and will not create the nasty side effect. It will only aide in blocking some of the fat and carbs and is not meant to be taken on a regular basis. It is intended to be used on occasion so you don't go off program due to hidden fats/carbs like when you are out eating.

I had been contemplating getting this because I travel and hockey is starting (which means some nights of rushed meals and away games eating out). And I did NOT want something that would give the same reactions as Alli. This seems to be a good boost for not worrying about those hidden items you can't help when you still choose the best you can to stay OP.

Hope this helps, it's what I got from a counselor when I called. :)

They also said it was $30 and should last a while since it is not meant to be taken every day.

Tamikl 10-17-2011 03:19 PM

I have been using it, also. I really don't know how you KNOW for certain that it works.:?: I do know that I have been directed not to take it more than 3 times per week.

Even though I don't know how to tell if it is for sure working, I still take it just in case it is working!! LOL

Tami

PamBlue 10-17-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida (Post 4074510)
I called and asked about this because at one point I had used Alli. It does not work like alli, it does not have a stimulant and will not create the nasty side effect. It will only aide in blocking some of the fat and carbs and is not meant to be taken on a regular basis. It is intended to be used on occasion so you don't go off program due to hidden fats/carbs like when you are out eating.

I had been contemplating getting this because I travel and hockey is starting (which means some nights of rushed meals and away games eating out). And I did NOT want something that would give the same reactions as Alli. This seems to be a good boost for not worrying about those hidden items you can't help when you still choose the best you can to stay OP.

Hope this helps, it's what I got from a counselor when I called. :)

They also said it was $30 and should last a while since it is not meant to be taken every day.

Thanks, Fluffy! I think they told me there are 45 pills in the bottle and you're not supposed to take more than that on the program.

Pam

dkmd27 10-17-2011 09:39 PM

the point of it is that you take it if you're gonna cheat ..... and seriously, if you're going to eat off program, make that choice and just do it, then get back with the program the next meal. looking for a crutch or an easy way to not have consequences or accountability for choices will never lead to long-term success.... it's what got most of here in the first place, and yes, it is similar to Alli. Just my opinion, but seriously, the plan works if you follow it without any additional supplements (other than the HNS or equivalent). Own your choices and go forward.

Tamikl 10-18-2011 10:38 AM

Well, Deb..you should have no problems with your weightloss journey. You seem to have your mindset about it all right where it needs to be. I can understand your words of wisdom, but following them is a bit harder when hit with temptation in real life situations. Guess not all of us are as strong mentally as you are.

I personally don't have the symptoms when I take the Fat/Carb blocker from MRC similar to those from the Alli diet. My understanding is that taking this blocks up to 300 calories worth of Fat/Carbs from a meal. You get 90 capsules in a bottle, and price is $30.

Tami

Fluffy in Florida 10-18-2011 10:55 AM

I'm not so sure everybody uses it as a crutch or if they are going to cheat. I eat out and make very healthy choices but you can't always be certain of what your healthy choices are being cooked in even if you ask them to not do something. I can see if being used for that type of thing or if you have an engagement you have to be at and your choices are limited.
I choose not to cheat and have been sticking to the program and still struggle a bit with the weight coming off (it's how I am). I'm not going to use this as a crutch or an reason to eat off program, so I don't thing people should make assumptions about others doing so. Making comments like that could make a person using this for the right reasons feel even more bad and not help them any. At least that is how I took the post...just my opinion.