Old 09-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'3"

Question Fish Oils 9000mg/day??

I have been taking my 9000mg of fish oils a day, which is about 9 pills a day. I have a friend who has been a huge success on the MRC diet and she only took 3 pills a day/3000mg...

I realize that this is good fats going into your system and prevents hair loss/nail structure/dry skin.

My friend didn't have any of these issues with taking only 3 pills a day.

Anyone have thoughts on taking less fish oils and maybe losing weight quicker by putting less fat into your system?? I have been thinking about decreasing my intake.
InfiinityFreshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Everyone is different so you can try it and see. I was taking 6 flaxseed oil pills a day (I have a fish phobia) and it didn't work for me. I had to increase it to 9. Experiment for a couple of weeks and see how your body responds.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #3  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

I say do whatever you have to not to lose your hair!!!! LOL Why wait until you have issues before you decide to add them back into your diet? My understanding is that they won't hurt us, but are extremely good for us. I personally am happy with my weightloss, even though maybe a bit slower than others...so really am not concerned that the fish oils are hindering my progress. I also take the 6 EFA's and 3 Total Woman each day.

Tami

Last edited by Tamikl; 09-16-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:03 AM   #4  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

You can always try it, but I'd recommend taking the full amount. I had hair loss issues toward the end last time, and I got at least 6/day. On occasion I would forget a dose by accident, but I always aimed for 9/day.

The calories in those oils are very neglibible-- check the label. Over the course of an entire year of 9000 mg. vs. 30000 mg., you're looking at six pounds, and since most of us don't take an entire year, you're probably looking at three pounds. Personally, I'll take the three pounds and keep my hair and nails.

I would bet your friend is so successful because of other reasons-- she probably sticks very strictly to the eating plan. That would have a much greater effect on WL speed than a few fish oil capsules.

Last edited by tkdtara84; 09-16-2011 at 11:04 AM.
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the advice! I am doing very well on my diet up to 16 lbs now in 40 days. I did lower my pills to only 3 a day and haven't had any negative results. I feel better about shoving less pills down my throat as well.
InfiinityFreshman is offline   Reply With Quote