Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #91  

I had maintenance weigh in and lost 1/2 pound, putting me 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

Patzi
Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 AM   #92  

Well, 2 days after the weekend and I'm down .5. Woot! Exciting, especially with trying some new things.

Jen-I love Blue Bunny's fro yo (homemade vanilla). There is a huge difference in the nutritional stuff in fro yo. That's one I've found that is good for me calorie/fat/sugar wise. I'm doing 1 treat a day now...either dark chocolate (that's my usual) or fro yo or a weight watchers type ice cream bar.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #93  

Height: 5' 5"

I find it funny that the things I want to try during stabilization and stay totally "legal" are not available in my local grocery stores. Still can't find the fat-free graham crackers. And, from what I can tell from my research...there is no such thing as fat-free, sugar-free frozen yogurt. I can only find fat-free, no sugar added yogurt. How frustrating! I did find something close, however. There is a frozen yogurt store in our mall called Tutti Frutti. They make frozen soy yogurt. According to their website, they have a no-sugar added chocolate frozen yogurt. It has 1 gram of sugar and 0.5 grams of fat. To me, that's close enough.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #94  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Glad to hear everyone's Easter went well!

I weighed in last week at 168--so I'm actually down another 2lbs. Hubby started a new diet (another funny story I'll explain below) so I've been eating more "plain" for dinners again which I think helped cause the loss.

I was actually up the day after Easter (probably the ham, lol), so I just did a lot of water and one day of metaquick to get it under control (I know I'd also had several extra carbs that day). Easter was great--got to try a little bit of everything, and still had a full slice of lemon meringue pie with about 3-4 strawberries, too. Yum! Been a long time since I've had that much pie in one sitting!

Funny story:
So, hubby decided he wanted to lose some weight (he lost about 10lbs while I was dieting just from eating dinners with me, but he is still pretty heavy). I asked him if he just wanted to do my diet, adjusted for his gender/size. Nope, nuh-uh, he had found this "well-researched" diet by this "well-respected doctor" and had ordered this doctor's book from online. The book arrived and I flipped through it... and it's basically the exact same as the MRC diet. I just had to laugh and roll my eyes. I guess he just needed to feel like he found something that would work for him and that he understood rather than just doing what I did. Whatever. I'm glad he's finding success on it and feeling better about himself (even if he is grouchy from carb withdrawl). However, I still wanted to punch him when he lost 10lbs in the first 10 days. Ugh! MEN! I'm sure it's from simply upping his water, cutting out drinking beer, and not eating out for his lunches at all during that "conditioning" time.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:59 PM   #95  

teacherlady-that's funny about your husband...whatever works for him I'm married to a guy that never, ever, ever has had a weight problem...in fact when he was working nights he was doing physical labor and got downright too skinny. But he has always been completely supportive and (mostly) okay with eating however I"m eating. A few times he has said he doesn't prefer...like a spinach beef soup I love!

Jen-I settled for the "no sugar added fat free" fro yo when I was looking. It didn't cause me to gain. Just had some now...tastes like homemade ice cream.

I spent part of the weekend scrapbooking with my MIL & SIL. The week I started MRC I did the same time. I remember packing my cooler, freaking out about doing something totally foreign to me...ordering a salad, saying no to the pizza and chocolate. And it was hard and I wanted to cry. This time eating salads is what I do...and I like it. I packed my snacks. I said no to cake (and it didn't even really tempt me or make me sad). We did eat out at Red Lobster and when I entered my calories into MFP I was shocked at how many calories my shrimp skewers had! Didn't weigh in this morn since I was at the hotel but cut back my calories today to metabalance levels. We'll see what it is like in the morning.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #96  

Gina..I love Red Lobster, and I had same thing you did and I gained, but went back to green menu and in two days ok, but hopefully you are ok.. Let me know.

I was at a meeting out of town last week, and Lo and Behold there was really nothing I could eat at the hotel,or let's say wanted to eat, but down the block was McDonald's, so bought a real nice salad called Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad and it was good and served the purpose. I did not use the dressing. I always have Diet Direct packaged fat free dressings with me and they are real good.

It is great to be able to talk to someone who is on stabilization/maintenance and hear their eating stories...

Have a great Sunday. Beautiful here in the South.

Patzi
Old 04-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #97  

Patzi-this morning I was still at 151.5-my lowest of my maintenance weight (I was actually up to 152.5 on Friday pre-RedLobster and so had been being really strict that day...ate metabalance yesterday, metabalance today). So I"m happy with that. I do know there you can ask them to go light on the seasoning (or on the skewers eliminate the butter and seasoning). I think their seasoning has a lot of sodium...so if you are sensitive to that. Luckily for my weight we really rarely eat out...1-2x per month max unless we are traveling (end of May will be killer...weddings, travel to see my family, etc.).
Old 04-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #98  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I was at a meeting out of town last week, and Lo and Behold there was really nothing I could eat at the hotel,or let's say wanted to eat, but down the block was McDonald's, so bought a real nice salad called Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad and it was good and served the purpose. I did not use the dressing. I always have Diet Direct packaged fat free dressings with me and they are real good.
Patzi
Patzi,
I had my nephew for the day a few weeks ago and he really really really wanted McDonald's, so I went and had that same salad. I was very pleasantly surprised--the veggies and lettuce was really fresh, and the chicken wasn't all weird and processed. It was also a pretty generous size--even though it was about twice as expensive as a value meal, grrrr.

I did eat some of the dressing, but I just squeezed it into the lid off to the side and gently dipped my salad in it as necessary. Hardly used any that way, and it really wasn't a "bad for you" dressing, as it was Newman's Own.

Ugh. Heads-up, all--Village Inn isn't very maintenance-friendly, and what they do have is kinda gross.

We went there after church this morning. I got the veggie omelet, which came with fresh fruit and wheat toast--though I asked for no ranchero sauce. The omelet is made with "low-cholesterol egg substitute," and was supposed to come with a low-fat mozzarella on top. Ben got the greek omelet (made with egg whites), which came with fruit and toast.

Unfortunately, I think the toast was the best part of the whole meal (it was really good, whole-grain bread).

My omelet was rubbery and tasteless, and the cheese on top was rubbery and stringy. The whole thing also came with some liquid on the plate that I couldn't decide if it was grease, moisture from the veggies, or something else. The melon I got in my fruit cup was hard as a rock and underripe. My husband's omelet came with avocado on top (on a Greek omelet?? Weird!), and was sitting in even more liquid. His was also rubbery and tasteless, but at least it looked better than my egg-substitute omelet.

Next time I'll just get a salad--it was just so disappointing, because we were both craving breakfast food. :s

Last edited by teacherlady79; 04-15-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #99  

teacherlady-like most foods...they really are better at home Quality ingredients, control over prep. Frustrating to pay for something like that.

I did a McD's salad last week...it was pretty good considering "fast food" salads. I still prefer Subway since i can get a spinach salad. But I don't think I'll ever go back to burgers and fries at mcd's...if I really want a burger and fries I can make soemthing yummier and healthier at home. The honey mustard grilled chicken wrap I've had as well and not too terribly bad.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #100  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies

Well, I think I am back to "under control." Wow...my weight definitely fluctuates during PMS...and it scares me because I never know if it is a true gain, or due to symptoms. This weeks WI should be back to normal.

I am still loving my Kashi bars I get at Wal-mart...I have them for a snack later afternoon...unless I choose a 40 calorie Fudgebar. Those are probably my favorite snacks. I still choose a creamy HNS in the evening....and look forward to that.

I am starting to expand menu options for my dinners...making sure that I have a large helping of salad or veggies regardless just like I have learned. Tonight is Tacos...I will have (1) with a big salad on the side.

Has anyone tried the new cereal out called "Kellogs Krave?" YUMMY Anyway, I will have a bowl of Fiber One cereal and sprinkle a few of those into the mix...very good

I found some spaghetti sauce that is very low in sodium, but it tastes lame I need to find one that is a happy medium...still use MRC Tomato Basil for my stuffed peppers...because I like it.

Eating lots of hardboiled eggs from Easter still...those can get old! LOL

Well, looks like we are all hanging in there...

Jen? I think your weight may be falling off now because you have changed up your diet a bit. Just like tricking our bodies with exercise routines, I think this helps! Congrats!!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #101  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

By the way..has anyone found a good multi-vitamin similar to MRC's for women? Just curious.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #102  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Hi ladies

Well, I think I am back to "under control." Wow...my weight definitely fluctuates during PMS...and it scares me because I never know if it is a true gain, or due to symptoms. This weeks WI should be back to normal.

I am still loving my Kashi bars I get at Wal-mart...I have them for a snack later afternoon...unless I choose a 40 calorie Fudgebar. Those are probably my favorite snacks. I still choose a creamy HNS in the evening....and look forward to that.

I am starting to expand menu options for my dinners...making sure that I have a large helping of salad or veggies regardless just like I have learned. Tonight is Tacos...I will have (1) with a big salad on the side.

Has anyone tried the new cereal out called "Kellogs Krave?" YUMMY Anyway, I will have a bowl of Fiber One cereal and sprinkle a few of those into the mix...very good

I found some spaghetti sauce that is very low in sodium, but it tastes lame I need to find one that is a happy medium...still use MRC Tomato Basil for my stuffed peppers...because I like it.

Eating lots of hardboiled eggs from Easter still...those can get old! LOL

Well, looks like we are all hanging in there...

Jen? I think your weight may be falling off now because you have changed up your diet a bit. Just like tricking our bodies with exercise routines, I think this helps! Congrats!!
i used to eat fiber one all the time when i did WW and sprinkle a little Kashi cereal on top to give it some flavor :-) i also added it to my protein shakes to add fiber and thicken up the shake.
i've tried low sodium tomato soup and it was soooooo bad! i'm guessing the sodium makes it :-) wonder if you could add sea salt to make it taste better and then just drink tons of water to counteract the sodium if you experience water retention?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #103  

Height: 5' 5"

WI today and there's a full explanation on the April Thread. In a nutshell, maintained since last week.

Had issues with late night hunger over the weekend. I love my counselor and had a great talk with her. Late getting back to work, but worth it in my opinion. Monday through Friday, all seems to be fine with no issues. Work all day (desk job mostly), so not much activity unless I run. By the time I get home, get the family dinner, play with the munckin, and get her to bed and everything ready for the next day, I'm ready to hit the sack. I'm thinking about sleep, not food. The weekends are a different story: more activity, work not preoccupying me, and staying up later at night. I told her last night was my worst fear realized. That I would get to stabilization and be hungry at night. So now we're going to change things up and wait until evening to have both HNS drinks/gelatins/whatever and that should keep me full.

Natalie - Men crack me up! You have to trick them into thinking things were their idea for them to be receptive to them. So cool to see that you've been a good influence on him though. You should be proud! As for Village Inn, I used to love going there...until I started MRC. It is the one restaurant where I've been to multiple locations and they all look at me like I have 3 heads when I want to modify one of their entrees. How dare I! They do not like making changes whatsoever. Great pie though.

Gina - I decided after reading your advice to chill out about making sure what I ate was completely "legal" and perfect. I'm using my 1% milk as my guide. If I keep whatever dairy I have within the nutrition value of the 1% milk, I figure that must be ok, right?

Patzi - Thanks for the new suggestion for McD's. I'll remember that next time I'm stuck in a similar situation.

Tami - I've always used the One-A-Day multivitamin for women. Also, my mom was funny about the weight coming off faster now. She was like, "Duh! It's because you're eating more and it's increasing your metabolism." LOL She's a nurse. What do you expect?!

BigDog - Wish I could do Fiber One, but it tears my stomach up. It's not a pleasant thing.

Last edited by JenB72; 04-16-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #104  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

that's fantastic, Jen! thanks so much for sharing. i love the advice you, Patzi, Gina and everyone else gives on these boards. i've been successful so many times losing weight back in the day but always seem to gain it back and then starting over again. i am determined (with everyone's help) to keep it off and even lose some more.

i do know when i go off plan, i don't feel very good so that is real motivation to stay on plan!

i haven't had Fiber One since i started this diet in August 2011 since i don't eat cereal anymore. used to eat it every am w/ fruit and skim milk and it really does keep you regular!, for sure. i have an old box in my pantry..) it's 25 G. carbs - don't know if i should mix in my smoothies for fiber or not....
When i was on WW, it counted as zero points awhile ago..now my sister said the program has changed and they count it now. used to melt peanut butter, chocolate chips and mix w/ fiber one to make high fiber, low cal. cookies that counted as one point....
the MRC plan works much better and i do much better eliminating carbs and all that sugar...
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #105  

I haven't tried fiber one in quite a while. I used to eat their bars like crazy, then they started causing severe stomach pain. I did try Kashi Go Lean this weekend and it was good, although not overly filling. We always do "cereal Sunday night" here so it is easy prep & clean up. While OP for MRC I would do my own meal of tuna, chicken, whatever...but the past 2 weeks I've tried a healthy cereal each time with no problems. They don't satisfy greatly so I'm not doing cereal at breakfast, but glad I can engage in cereal Sunday night again. It makes life easy But won't be joining the kids in lucky charms (it's the one time I let them have sugar cereal).

Tomorrow night I have a "salad supper". Basically a big salad potluck. I made a fresh fruit salad and I think there will be a couple of spinach/lettuce ones...but I know there will be unhealthy ones too. Plan on loading my plate with the healthy ones first and after I'm full I may chose one that looks really good. For 5 months I've totally avoided such gatherings...now I think I'm ready.
Closed Thread