Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #46  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Big Dog....
I threw out my maintenance menu, as I was not counting any calories and I told the center that. I knew what maintenance was, and I just made it fit me and my lifestyle... I still take the hot chocolate at night. Center said no problem with that... I did read the maintenance menu, though, but can't recall what it is.. I just added more to what my stabilization was in everything, and it has worked for me,unless I over indulge, and weight comes back..

Did you look on the forums, it may be there where it says menus? I am sure the center will let you look at one if you like..

Sorry I could not help you. If you are close to maintenance, the center may let you have one, depending on what consultant you speak with.

Patzi
i'll check it out. i was just curious on what it was like how many calories per day, how much protein, carbs, fat, etc.? does anyone know the total calories for the green menu? i know someone had mentioned 1,000 calories but couldn't find the post...
i log in everything on myfitnesspal online and when im on the road, on my blackberry. love it! but of course w/ the MRC diet, my protein is very high and the carbs way below what they require. i'd love to know with the MRC diet, what the totals are supposed to be for protein, carbs, sugar, fat, etc.

i stick to the printed out plan for MRC but easier to log online for me.

if anyone has that info, please share it with me if you can.

Thanks and Happy Sunday!
Old 11-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #47  

Big Dog...
Was thinking about maintenance and forgot to tell you, each person is given a different calorie intake depending what their goal weight is.. Mine was 1200. Have no idea if I eat that many,more, not sure, as I said I do not count .
My friend was given 1500 calories and my other friend 1400 calories. None of us goes by the calorie count. Not another friend was given 1500 calories and she logs everything in to something online. That works well for her. Whatever one does is fine, as long as it works..

I know my protein, during stabilization was 6 oz. vs. 4. There are times I am sure I eat 8 oz. but it does not make me gain. The other, do not know.

Patzi
Old 11-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #48  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi Bigdog....I think that the MRC foundation is made up of 60% protein, 20% carbs, and 20% fat??? They told me in the beginning 60/20/20. Hope this helps!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #49  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Hi Bigdog....I think that the MRC foundation is made up of 60% protein, 20% carbs, and 20% fat??? They told me in the beginning 60/20/20. Hope this helps!
thanks, Tamiki,

i just saw that on a blog of Katie's that i found when googling Metabolic Research Ctr...

wouldn't it be cool if when we hit our allotment of carbs and fat for the day, that our body would sound out a warning signal and say, ENOUGH! but you can have more protein LOL!!! or say hop on exercise bike 30 minutes and you can have a glass of wine and still lose this week! ding ding ding!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #50  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Big Dog...
Was thinking about maintenance and forgot to tell you, each person is given a different calorie intake depending what their goal weight is.. Mine was 1200. Have no idea if I eat that many,more, not sure, as I said I do not count .
My friend was given 1500 calories and my other friend 1400 calories. None of us goes by the calorie count. Not another friend was given 1500 calories and she logs everything in to something online. That works well for her. Whatever one does is fine, as long as it works..

I know my protein, during stabilization was 6 oz. vs. 4. There are times I am sure I eat 8 oz. but it does not make me gain. The other, do not know.

Patzi
good to know, thks. i do know w/ me, if i went over on protein would not gain, but if i go over on carbs i definitely will! that's how i got to MRC to start with, almost everything i ate was carbs which made me hungry for more carbs. that's why i love this diet, i'm not hungry like i used to be w/ other diets. sometimes it will be after 2pm and i realize i hadn't eaten lunch. The HNSs really keep me from getting hungry. right before dinner is usually when i get hungry (prob. because i'm so busy at work during the day, not thinking about food)
Old 11-28-2011, 01:57 PM   #51  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
thanks, Tamiki,

i just saw that on a blog of Katie's that i found when googling Metabolic Research Ctr...

wouldn't it be cool if when we hit our allotment of carbs and fat for the day, that our body would sound out a warning signal and say, ENOUGH! but you can have more protein LOL!!! or say hop on exercise bike 30 minutes and you can have a glass of wine and still lose this week! ding ding ding!
LOL! I would pay big bucks to have my body programmed to do this.

I use Livestrong.com-- because I find it easier to log my food and exercise online, too. My maintenance menu was for 1500 calories (I may end up going up to 1800 calories if I stick with the running--I'm still losing, albeit much more slowly, and they don't want to me to lose too much. But if I back off the running this winter, I won't need to adjust my calorie intake...

Anyway, the livestrong website calculates out your totals for your food intake on sodium, protein, carbs, etc. but it also gives a pie chart to show what percentage of my calories that day are from carbs, protein, and fat. THAT has been extremely helpful for me--after every meal I input my foods, and I look at the pie chart to see if my next meal needs to be a little more carb-heavy or protein-heavy to balance out. Really helpful with meal planning and maintenance/losing, I think!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #52  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
LOL! I would pay big bucks to have my body programmed to do this.

I use Livestrong.com-- because I find it easier to log my food and exercise online, too. My maintenance menu was for 1500 calories (I may end up going up to 1800 calories if I stick with the running--I'm still losing, albeit much more slowly, and they don't want to me to lose too much. But if I back off the running this winter, I won't need to adjust my calorie intake...

Anyway, the livestrong website calculates out your totals for your food intake on sodium, protein, carbs, etc. but it also gives a pie chart to show what percentage of my calories that day are from carbs, protein, and fat. THAT has been extremely helpful for me--after every meal I input my foods, and I look at the pie chart to see if my next meal needs to be a little more carb-heavy or protein-heavy to balance out. Really helpful with meal planning and maintenance/losing, I think!
thanks Teacher lady!! this is exactly what i was looking for! i like myfitnesspal but it won't give me percentages and now knowing that i need to be 60 %protein, 20% carb 20% fat, that would be great to have that calculated. i'll check it out! what i do like about the online journal (at least w/ fitnesspal) it calculates protein, fat, carbs, sodium for restaurants and fast food meals. and even tv dinners, etc.

for example, i knew we were going to Applebees this weekend, so i plugged some of the menu items in to see which would be a better choice..could not believe that innocent grilled chicken salad was calorie overload!!! when you see the actual numbers, it really makes you think twice about eating some of that stuff. i got the hamburger quesidilla for lunch (over 1,000 cal) but just ate the hamburger and part of the quesidilla and salsa. got broccoli instead of fries but still TOO much. (compared to what i usually eat) should have ordered something else or eat half of the burger w/ 1/4 of the tortilla... i just had a salad for dinner, no carbs w/ grilled fish. and jumped on my exercise bike last night too even though i walked in the am. and had another HNS...
Old 11-28-2011, 08:23 PM   #53  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
thanks Teacher lady!! this is exactly what i was looking for! i like myfitnesspal but it won't give me percentages and now knowing that i need to be 60 %protein, 20% carb 20% fat, that would be great to have that calculated. i'll check it out! what i do like about the online journal (at least w/ fitnesspal) it calculates protein, fat, carbs, sodium for restaurants and fast food meals. and even tv dinners, etc.
Livestrong.com does this too! What a lifesaver--and a bit of an eye opener, lol.

I also like the way it charts weight loss/gain. You can input your weight losses/gains and look at a line graph of them over a period of time, and then overlay your "net" daily calories (total caloric intake after subtracting calories burned from the exercise you input), so you can look for correlations and patterns between calorie intake and weight gain/loss.

For example, when I put on a couple of pounds, I'll look at the chart with the weight & calories and figure out "oh, if I eat X many calories without exercise for X number of days (or days in a row or whatever) then I gain." Or, if I need to lose a couple of pounds, I'll look at the chart around the last couple times I lost, and see if there's any calorie/exercise patterns that seem to help (which I've discovered there are for me--If I have a relatively high-cal day and then immediately have a low-cal couple of days with exercise, then I will have a pretty good weight drop).

You can also plug in a recipe and it will calculate the totals of calories, protein, fat, fiber, carb, etc. Very helpful!

I love this program! I've only used the free version, but it does more than enough for what I need!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #54  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
Livestrong.com does this too! What a lifesaver--and a bit of an eye opener, lol.

I also like the way it charts weight loss/gain. You can input your weight losses/gains and look at a line graph of them over a period of time, and then overlay your "net" daily calories (total caloric intake after subtracting calories burned from the exercise you input), so you can look for correlations and patterns between calorie intake and weight gain/loss.

For example, when I put on a couple of pounds, I'll look at the chart with the weight & calories and figure out "oh, if I eat X many calories without exercise for X number of days (or days in a row or whatever) then I gain." Or, if I need to lose a couple of pounds, I'll look at the chart around the last couple times I lost, and see if there's any calorie/exercise patterns that seem to help (which I've discovered there are for me--If I have a relatively high-cal day and then immediately have a low-cal couple of days with exercise, then I will have a pretty good weight drop).

You can also plug in a recipe and it will calculate the totals of calories, protein, fat, fiber, carb, etc. Very helpful!

I love this program! I've only used the free version, but it does more than enough for what I need!
excellent!! now that i know the ratio, the 60/20/20 i can doubleck the percentages...just calculated today and it came out to 56% protein, 16% fat and 24% carbs....(that was a hushpuppy instead of melba toast!!) pretty cool! thanks again :-)
Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 PM   #55  

Quote:
good to know, thks. i do know w/ me, if i went over on protein would not gain, but if i go over on carbs i definitely will! that's how i got to MRC to start with, almost everything i ate was carbs which made me hungry for more carbs. that's why i love this diet, i'm not hungry like i used to be w/ other diets. sometimes it will be after 2pm and i realize i hadn't eaten lunch. The HNSs really keep me from getting hungry. right before dinner is usually when i get hungry (prob. because i'm so busy at work during the day, not thinking about food)
do you know the amount of calories that mrc has the people on before stabilation/maintenance? PLease let me know..Thanks
[email protected]
Old 11-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #56  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdfeet View Post
do you know the amount of calories that mrc has the people on before stabilation/maintenance? PLease let me know..Thanks
[email protected]
i went to the center today for the dreaded weigh in, i lost .5 and was happy w/ that! (not a gain, yay!) anyway i asked what the daily calorie count was for MRC and she said she didn't know and said it wasn't about the calories but about the chemical combinations of foods on plan. i asked her if it was 1200 and she said probably below because for alot of people, maintenance is 1200... i did read somewhere that the yellow menu was 800 cal. but not sure.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #57  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
i went to the center today for the dreaded weigh in, i lost .5 and was happy w/ that! (not a gain, yay!) anyway i asked what the daily calorie count was for MRC and she said she didn't know and said it wasn't about the calories but about the chemical combinations of foods on plan. i asked her if it was 1200 and she said probably below because for alot of people, maintenance is 1200... i did read somewhere that the yellow menu was 800 cal. but not sure.
Yeah, I think I calculated once that my green menu, with 3 protein supplements, was about 900-1000 calories. It'll vary a little bit each day based on how lean the proteins are that you eat (bison = more calories than tilapia, for example).
Old 12-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #58  

Baked Oatmeal Recipe

2 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder, or to your liking( I use 1/8 due to salt content)
1/2 tsp. salt I omit this if using baking powder.
1 cup fat free skim milk( I use soy milk, no sugar)
1/2 cup Egg beaters
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup splenda... I use agave nectar for sweetener
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tbs. cinnamon
Fruit of your choice... Where there is applesauce, I usually add 1 cup of
blueberries, or more chunks of apples, or cranberries

Combine wet ingredients and add dry ingredients

Bake in sprayed 8 inches square pan for 35-40 minutes. Check after
35 minutes.

Refrigerates well, freezes well... Good cold, warm..
Makes a quick take with you breakfast on the run.

Good with mashed bananas, pumpkin, the choice is endless.

Enjoy,
Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 12-13-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #59  

SPINACH CASSEROLE
1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed, chopped and well drained
16 oz. fat free cottage cheese
1 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese( or cheese of your choice)
1/2 cup egg substitute

Mix all together and then bake in a square pan , sprayed with Pam or whatever spray you use for 1 hour on 350 degrees... Ovens vary, so may take longer or less.

Cut into 4 servings. Can be cut into 6 if you so desire..
Freezes well. I cut to 4 servings and many times this is my breakfast with some toast or whatever...

Other veggies of your choice can be used. My friend roasts red peppers and puts them in, but I don't like any peppers, so do not do that.
You can season with a herb, or Dash, or your choice.

This is another run out the door for me ...This is not my original recipe, really don't know who to give credit to on this. I do believe it originates from South Beach Diet, but again I am guessing.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 12-12-2011 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #60  
Started Aug 2010

THIS IS DELICIOUS, Y'ALL!

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/spec...ried-tomatoes/

I'm not a huge spaghetti squash (or any squash, really) fan--I'll eat it, but I don't love it--but this is very yummy!

I followed the recipe almost exactly the first time, but made these adjustments the second time:
+Added just under 1 tbsp crushed red pepper when I added the peas and cheese.
+Increased the sun-dried tomatoes to about 1/2 cup (chopped)

Also, I used Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken cooking stock instead of chicken broth (got it from my Kroger store): http://www.kitchenbasics.net/display...41&pp=16&ppp=3

Finally, I used just under 1lb of chicken tenders, and I just sauteed them in the pan with a little bit of Pam (because it's been too cold outside to grill!).

YUM! Very MRC-maintenance friendly!
Closed Thread