Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #481  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Faery! I have wondered what became of you. Seems like most of us have been posting less frequently these last couple months and some people have totally disappeared. Hope your weigh-in is what you expected- you are right that its good to have that accountability. I quit going (long drive, favorite counselor left) and I went off the deep end immediately. I've now asked my personal trainer whom I see once a week to make me get on the scales. It's not the same but in some ways is better - at least she doesn't try to sell me stuff!

Your stats are still just about the same as mine, but I'm up a bit, and i think you are in my age bracket if i recall. (Menopausal??) Don't stay silent for so long next time, the boards are only helpful if people are actually posting!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #482  

Continual course correction, BINGO!

After spending week remodeling/moving and eating whatever was convenient (only to have our closing delayed) without a gain...then went with the inlaws for 5 days at a cabin where each "family group" (i.e. adult child and their family) took turns making a meal for the group. So 3 large meals a day...but no snacks. I really kept most of it in proportion...looking at the things I REALLY wanted and having some of that. My downfall was my brother-in-law and his girlfriends Italian dinner (she's from an Italian family-it was to die for!) and a wine drinking night...gained 4 pounds. But when they come on that quick I know most of it is bloat. Ends up all of it was bloat. Two-three days of just going back to my normal eating (similar to preconditioning-snacks on workout days) with a little exercise and my weight was back to normal. But it would have been super easy to continue eating. One night when it was a leftover buffet I was deciding what to have 2nd round and finally said "you really don't need more, you're just eating because it's there"...

So back to my regular eating...it works for me without feeling restrictive. And I can indulge in some goodies if it is pretty restricted time wise.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 PM   #483  

Yay for you Gina! You know, my trouble started when I came back from Italy in late October - and it was exactly as you said -so easy just to keep eating like that. And so hard to get back in the exercise routine. (I came back sick with a cold). But this is life, isn't it? Think how boring it would get without big family get-togethers or vacations , or even moving and renovating houses! Life is full of occasions to go off-plan for one reason or another- good or bad. Glad you caught yourself before that just-because second helping! That would be course-correcting !

Last edited by camaswa; 11-28-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #484  

Down one more pound today. That's 3 since Sunday. It cant possibly be all fat so I guess that just shows what carb bloat does to the scale.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #485  

I have a question about the Vanilla Meal Replacement..

I think they may have changed the formula, as I have had these before with no problem.

1. I took one on way to a meeting for my breakfast , and I had such gastric distress with it, and I was urinating every 10 minutes for quite a few hours.. I tried it one more time, and same thing.. It looks like the package has changed a bit, and the taste is not like it was before. I had a hard time getting it down. Also, this always filled me up, but not this time. I was starving after drinking it. I am talking about the Powdered Meal Replacement.

Anyone else find this, or is it just me?

Camaswa .. Congrats on the loss. That is a good loss ..

Faery chic... Glad to see you posting.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 11-29-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #486  

Patzi,
A while back there was a conversation here about the gastric effects of the very high protien MRSs. Jen noted that one of the ingredients that I don't recall was well-known for that. I often have rumbling, gas, and have even had diarrhea (sorry of that's too much info). I have been using them again this past week and have only had rumbling. Thankfully. So you are not alone! It regrettable, because I like them, especially when I add PB2. They are thick and stay with me. But have you noticed how gelatinous they get when they sit a while???? I kind of feel that can't be good for you...

Last edited by camaswa; 12-01-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #487  

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Patzi,
A while back there was a conversation here about the gastric effects of the very high protien MRSs. Jen noted that one of the ingredients that I don't recall was well-known for that. I often have rumbling, gas, and have even had diarrhea (sorry of that's too much info). I have been using them again this past week and have only had rumbling. Thankfully. So you are not alone! It regrettable, because I like them, especially when I add PB2. They are thick and stay with me. But have you noticed how gelatinous they get when they sit a while???? I kinds of fell that can't be good for you...
Thanks for answering.. I appreciate it. Oh, yes, i have noticed how gelatinous they get when they sit awhile.. When I order the Meal Replacements from Family Bariatric, I have no problem. Oh, well, will try again . I do think MRC changed ingredients. I find their orange HNS a tad different , also..

Patzi
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #488  

Still heading back down to goal weight. I'm totally amazed how its falling off. On Sunday after the Thanksgiving weekend I was 167, today, six days later I'm 162.4. I must really hang on to a lot of water when I go carb-crazy. Even though it must be water, I am still proud of facing the gain right away and taking action. I don't think I have ever done that before - 3 has always turned to 15, then 20 and on and on. This is a big deal for me.

Last edited by camaswa; 12-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #489  

Just stayin' honest here: back up a pound for no reason I can figure.... Now I remember how crazy it can seem. Still, it was a great week!
Old 12-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #490  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Week 2 of maintenance found me at exactly the same weight. Those on maintenance, do you go in every week to weigh in?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #491  

I don't go at all now but some still go every week. I think for a while at least it is very important for accountability. But I personally did not have as great an experience with the center as some people here seem to, and the counselor who helped me the most left, so I quit going. It was a relief for me, frankly.

I have been maintaining more or less since May, and if you are reading this thread you can tell that it's not always easy. If the center wasn't 30 minutes away and if the remaining counselors weren't kind of air headed young things, I may have kept going. I do see a personal trainer and have started to weigh in there since I recently gained a few. I want to make sure a "few" never turns into 10 or worse again.

The transition from focusing on losing to just maintaining is interesting. There's no excitement in staying the same. People stop saying how great you look and that daily feeling of accomplishment fades. I think that can be a vulnerable time. It's important to get into a maintenance routine -just like the green sheet became routine- or you can find you're just getting too careless and you know where that gets us. The most disciplined person who posts here is Patzi, you will be amazed at how she sticks to it. Congrats on your success- you look so much younger!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM   #492  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Week 2 of maintenance found me at exactly the same weight. Those on maintenance, do you go in every week to weigh in?
I go in once a week to weigh in.. My maintenance runs out in 2013 sometime and I will renew it.. I need the discipline of weighing in. If I gain,I go to weigh in twice a week..Works for me.

Patzi
Old 12-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #493  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I go in once a week to weigh in.. My maintenance runs out in 2013 sometime and I will renew it.. I need the discipline of weighing in. If I gain,I go to weigh in twice a week..Works for me.

Patzi
Patzi: I totally agree , i'm on week 3 of stabilization and start week 4 this saturday, once i go on maintenance i too will still go weigh in once a week, i need discipline also. Do you still take any of the supplements or drink the HSN's?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #494  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Congratulations, Camaswa! that's why i love the MRC plan...once you get back on board and focus on getting the protein and water in, the weight and bloat drops off. YAY!!
i have to get back on board...seems like i'll do good for a couple days, then will go off and eat whatever i want, instantly regretting it. the other day i ordered a pasta dish at Applebees and i don't even really care for pasta! WTH???? i ate the shrimp and veggies out of it and left most of the pasta

my DH has been bringing home truffles, key lime pie, chocolate peanut butter pie, etc. (left over from holiday parties) and i've been eating it like a freaking free for all. i did wrap up alot of the truffles and gave them to my mum in law and the ladies at the Assisted living. i need to tell him i'm back on plan and not to bring anything like that home. i cant resist it.

i haven't bought milk since i started at MRC and bought some skim milk yesterday to make SF, FF vanilla and chocolate pudding. no sugar, no carbs but i have to have something sweet in the house and figured that would curb me off the sweet stuff so i wont be tempted.
gained another pound!!! Christmas party last weekend (i did drink vodka (very light) w/ lite cranberry juice) but ate cookies! two parties this weekend... i have to be strong!!! we are camping at the beach in GA for the holidays and i want to be lighter and have energy!
bought some celery to munch on and case of water to keep in the car while im on the road selling.
Today i will start over again and will be accountable to you!!!! drinking water as im typing.... have a lunch w/ my new bosses (who take me out for drinks and lunch WAY too much!) they are thin but work out every day.
and that's another thing, i have to make a rule...if i slip up, then my rule is jump on the bike and ride for an hour, and drink 5 extra glasses of water!
Today is another day and im on board!!! desserts are the dang
Old 12-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #495  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

everyone keep posting! i need daily motivation and love hearing how well everyone is doing! Patzi, you are amazing! Quilts, Faery, Skelley, Keep it up- All of you motivate me and give me the push i need badly!!!

i need to check the menu and recipe blog to get some good meals planned that are on plan...
what's messing me up is this new job that is very social and we are invited to alot of grand openings, parties, restaurant openings (we check out a new restaurant every week and review them) i'll just have to do smaller portions, load up on water and step up my exercise. i've worked way too hard to lose this weight and am not going to gain it all back!
Closed Thread