3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   MRC Maintainers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/244228-mrc-maintainers.html)

camaswa 11-07-2011 07:20 PM

Teacherlady,
I'm not maintaining yet but I sure have those issues around social eating and drinking. It is so hard for me. And the next dAy, when I feelike crap, I am likely to overeat again. An old trick that helps with alcohol is alternating with water. Hard when pitchers are going around, but still. Or try starting with water before that first drink. Also, go full! If you still do the creamies, have one just before you go. if not, have some kind of protein and preferably something with volume. Then there is plain old avoidance - just don't take that first bite. All much easier said than done. I bet some of your weight is water and will come right off.

Goneforgood1128 11-19-2011 04:11 PM

How many of you have continued using HNS during maintenance? I have been having only one a day for over a month. I actually think the protein is good for me, but wondered what you all think? If I do continue a protein drink, it will likely be a cheaper version from Wal-Mart!
Elizabeth

patzi 11-21-2011 11:20 AM

Hi...
I will try to post a recipe here for pumpkin pie. It is as low fat as I can make it, and have made it before and tastes real good. If I have not posted by late tomorrow, please remind me.. I am off Wed thru Sun and I am bombed with work to get to that point.. Pie has a crust.. We are on maintenance, and we can eat anything in moderation, and with good sense.

Patzi

patzi 11-21-2011 08:47 PM

I am not home,so can't scan the recipe.. However, if you look up online Ligher Libby's Pumpkin Pie, you will find the recipe online...

Patzi

Goneforgood1128 11-21-2011 09:55 PM

Found it, Patzi! Looks great! Thanks a bunch!

bigdog 11-22-2011 12:40 AM

Lighter Libby's Pumpkin Pie

Patzi had mentioned this so wanted to post and share (it looks great and just in time for Thanksgiving!)

Lighter Libby's Pumpkin Pie (recommended by Patzi) :-)

Ingredients
1 (9 inch) unbaked (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1 (15 ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk

Directions
1. PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees F.
2. COMBINE sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat egg whites lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
3. BAKE for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for additional 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause filling to separate from crust.)

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 252 | Total Fat: 7.8g | Cholesterol: 2mgPowered by ESHA Nutrient Database

patzi 11-22-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 4116129)
Patzi had mentioned this so wanted to post and share (it looks great and just in time for Thanksgiving!)

Ingredients
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites

Directions
2. COMBINE sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat egg whites lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell.
3. BAKE for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for additional 30 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. (Do not freeze as this will cause filling to separate from crust.)

Nutritional Information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 252 | Total Fat: 7.8g | Cholesterol: 2mgPowered by ESHA Nutrient Database

Thanks for posting this recipe. Was going to try and do it today.

Happy Thanksgiving
Patzi

teacherlady79 11-25-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 4116129)

Ingredients
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites

Directions

Nutritional Information

I'm a little late for this to be helpful on Thanksgiving, but here's some thoughts on reducing the calories even further:

You could probably cut even more calories by using a sugar/splenda mix instead of just sugar.

Also, here's a pie-trick I read about online: Take a refrigerated pie crust (like Pillsbury or generic) and roll it out even thinner than how it comes out of the package, then you end up using less pie crust (and therefore less calories). I'm not sure if this works or not, but it was an idea I read about.

teacherlady79 11-25-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goneforgood1128 (Post 4113658)
How many of you have continued using HNS during maintenance? I have been having only one a day for over a month. I actually think the protein is good for me, but wondered what you all think? If I do continue a protein drink, it will likely be a cheaper version from Wal-Mart!
Elizabeth

Elizabeth,
I still use them. I use the concentrated drink ones sometimes after a particularly hard cardio workout (about 1x a week, but not every week), and I usually have a cocoa every evening (I mix it with the super chocolate powder & microwave it to make a brownie) as my dessert--to keep me from snacking/craving sweets in the evenings.

I think they're a good supplement to have around and certainly won't hurt us to use sometimes. :)

bigdog 11-25-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 4119307)
I'm a little late for this to be helpful on Thanksgiving, but here's some thoughts on reducing the calories even further:

You could probably cut even more calories by using a sugar/splenda mix instead of just sugar.

Also, here's a pie-trick I read about online: Take a refrigerated pie crust (like Pillsbury or generic) and roll it out even thinner than how it comes out of the package, then you end up using less pie crust (and therefore less calories). I'm not sure if this works or not, but it was an idea I read about.

i actually ended up making the Pumpkin Fluff which is 50 cal. per serving (without crust) i used the reduced fat Graham cracker crust .the rest of the family ate it w/ crust and i just ate the filling out of it :-)

Pumpkin Fluff

8 servings

1 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
4 serving fat free sugar free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
6 oz Cool whip lite whipped topping
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

put all in blender and whip it up! sprinkle nutmeg and Lite Cool whip on top.

you can serve in wine or parfait glasses. i've also put in a graham cracker crust and served as a pie. it's more of a pumpkin mousse and is sooo good.

bigdog 11-25-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacherlady79 (Post 4119308)
Elizabeth,
I still use them. I use the concentrated drink ones sometimes after a particularly hard cardio workout (about 1x a week, but not every week), and I usually have a cocoa every evening (I mix it with the super chocolate powder & microwave it to make a brownie) as my dessert--to keep me from snacking/craving sweets in the evenings.

I think they're a good supplement to have around and certainly won't hurt us to use sometimes. :)

just curious but why do they cut them out in Maintenance? are they bad for us long term?

teacherlady79 11-25-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 4119322)
just curious but why do they cut them out in Maintenance? are they bad for us long term?

I think it's more that they just don't want us to be dependent upon them, since one of the selling points of the program is to teach us how to live "normally" (i.e., minus a bunch of supplements or weird foods) while being able to maintain the loss.

I was told at my center that having my cocoa packet for dessert every night was fine--that most people actually continue to have 1 a day or so in maintenance, just because they like it.

ETA: Also, thanks for posting the fluff recipe, BigDog! It looks really yummy, and I can make it for me and my sister for tomorrow (my sister worked yesterday, brother works today, so we're doing our T-day tomorrow), as my sister is still dieting on MRC. :)

LisaK190 11-26-2011 07:20 PM

Hello All!

Gosh, it feels like forever since I've visited this site. I went on stabilization/maintenance in June. Although I haven't been back to the center since July, I have kept my weight down. Early October my employer did a wellness assessment (3rd in two years) where they do fasting blood, cardio & strength testing. I was within 3 lbs of my goal weight. And my test results were incredible .. in fact, out of 90 employees, I was in the top 5 percent of the healthiest employees. Sweet!

No problem exercising. I have unfortunately started snacking at night and about 5 lbs up from the goal weight. I need to re-commit to MRC green menu to get this weight off.

So good to see Natalie and Patzi still hanging around this site. Congrats to both of you for successfully maintaining! Candi, Wow, 100 lbs .. Amazing!

bigdog 11-27-2011 07:54 AM

can someone email me the Maintenance menu? gabcrab at embarqmail dot com
thks

patzi 11-27-2011 09:36 AM

Big Dog....
I threw out my maintenance menu, as I was not counting any calories and I told the center that. I knew what maintenance was, and I just made it fit me and my lifestyle... I still take the hot chocolate at night. Center said no problem with that... I did read the maintenance menu, though, but can't recall what it is.. I just added more to what my stabilization was in everything, and it has worked for me,unless I over indulge, and weight comes back..

Did you look on the forums, it may be there where it says menus? I am sure the center will let you look at one if you like..

Sorry I could not help you. If you are close to maintenance, the center may let you have one, depending on what consultant you speak with.

Patzi