MRC Maintainers

You're on Page 29 of 36
Go to
  • Thanks, ladies! 2 days OP and today is starting off right. Woohoo! I'll get back there. It may take a little time, but I will. I did it once and I'll do it again.
  • Maintained for another week. For the second week in a row I tracked calories. This week I bumped it up to 1650. I think I'll hang out there for a while. There were some days I went over the calories (and a day or two under). I felt satisfied and has some flexibility, but also didn't have license to eat everything. I'm also doing 4-5 days of workouts...short and intense rather than the long stuff. My body seems to like that better (i.e. my knees and hips don't hurt). We're in the process of selling a house and moving and still have 2 more weeks of my busy season for work...so anything that is time saving is awesome.
  • Great job, Gina!!!! Way to go!
  • Congrats Gina.. Great job..

I have been experimenting with the Fulfill Mixed Fruit Drink( fiber) and it does stop cravings for a few hours. This is something new , cravings.. I stopped having bad cravings a long time ago.. Guess body changes from time to time, and we have to change with it.. One of my favorite drinks in afternoon is
    Lacroix sparkling water, a HNS and a fiber drink mixed in.. This keeps me full till dinnertime.. Who said maintenance was not a challenge? But, oh, so worth it.. I am trying to keep a steady maitenance with 5 pounds under goa, with the holidays coming up.

Wishing y'all a great weekend.

Patzi
  • I haven't necessarily been having cravings, but I've definitely found myself with the munchies more frequently in the last couple of months. I am wondering if it's because my stomach/body is more used to the amount of food I'm eating now, whereas it felt like too much food when I started maintenance...

I've been trying to limit myself to snacks only when I actually feel hunger; when I feel like I want to munch or am having a craving, I've found that gum or a hard candy (low-cal/sugar) usually does the trick for the most part.

I was grocery shopping the other day and walked past the halloween candy aisle, and when I saw the candy corn/pumpkins my mouth literally started watering! Old habits die hard, I guess. So interesting how incredibly trained our brains and bodies can be, even after spending 2 years trying to re-train them to better habits. :s
  • I've been an at home client and today went and met my counselor for the first time. It's been about 11 months since I first started MRC and only have a month left on my at home contract so decided to go meet her...(I wanted to say thank you but I forgot to tell her). She had me to a tanita which showed I "should" lose 10 more pounds. She asked if I wanted to and I told her I was really okay where I was...I really am. I don't want to have to buy more clothes and I'm 25 pounds lighter than even my lightest weight since junior high. She did suggest the MRC-6 since I said my only complaint was a little belly pooch. So I said I'd try it (I should have just spend the money on some spanx
  • Gina---That is so funny! Re the spanx You should have said, "I love the way I look and feel and you should be congratulating me" and sashayed your skinny bu++ right out of there!!! LOL
  • bigdog-if I thought she was being pushy or sales-ey I probably would have scooted right on out. She's been pretty amazing for 11 months and has never pushed anything (I only ever bought the drinks and bars)...unlike other horror stories I've heard. She's even told me where I could find similar supplements at Walmart/CVS/etc.

Both her and the manager were super excited to meet me (the way it sounds most at-home clients don't do so well...the being there in person and weighing it definitely would be more motivating...for me paying out the $$ was enough to keep me going). If it helps flatten the pooch a bit, great. If it doesn't, I've wasted $35 on worse things (as in the drive through of many a fast food restaurant).
  • Gina, that's great! My girlfriend did the at home program because she travels so much in her job and did great and has kept the weight off for over a year now
  • That's awesome to hear of more people keeping it off...especially a fellow at homer Weight loss is hard regardless of how we do it and what our support system looks like...same with maintenance. It is just hard!
  • Gina. You are right re maintenance. It's hard! I still loosely follow the plan but need to get on board and lose these pounds I've gained. Scared to get on scales for sure!! My clothes are tight but am glad I can still get in new clothes ! In the past month I've quit my job and am job searching. Had to put our eldest puppy (16 yrs old) down , we are taking care of my elderly in laws and mum in law is in hospital now w dislocated hip. Been touring assisted living facilities, hmmmmm. Lets see what else can happen? Other than that went on a great vacation to Florida before all that happened. My husband adores me , I have some good job prospects, my other two puppies are doing well....and I have eggs salad. Veggies, Greek yogurt, my choc truffle protein powder, fish, fruit so all good!!!! Maybe I'll get up the nerve to step on the scale next week!
  • Lost 1.5 lbs. while on vaca in DC - guess it was all of the walking and climbing stairs. This is my last week on stabilization. I do enjoy reading how all of you are handling stabilization/maintenance. Good luck to all.
  • Quote: Lost 1.5 lbs. while on vaca in DC - guess it was all of the walking and climbing stairs. This is my last week on stabilization. I do enjoy reading how all of you are handling stabilization/maintenance. Good luck to all.
    That is great losing that much while on vacation.. Be proud of yourself on that one.

Wishing y'all a great weekend.
    Patzi
  • Good news, all!

It's not totally weight-related, but I think I've mentioned before that I started my weight loss journey in the hopes of getting healthy and overcoming some fertility issues--which worked, except then we found out that my husband has fertility issues as well. Anyway, we've been in kind of a waiting pattern for almost 10 months now, dealing with testing, diagnosing, problem-solving, etc. But this week I start the medications and monitoring leading up to IUI (Intra-Uterine Insemination) which will greatly increase our chances of getting pregnant (my sister has 2 beautiful boys as a result of her IUIs). So, basically I'm just excited to feel like we're finally moving forward!

Funny story, though... the clinic had scanned in my driver's license when I first started going there last December (before I got a new photo & ID after my weight loss), so the techs thought they had called the wrong person back at first when I came for my appointment yesterday, because I looked so different from my old driver's license photo that comes up when they bring up my records. Lots of compliments all around, though, once they figured out it was because I lost 110 lbs! Made me feel really good.
  • teacherlady-that's awesome that you look so different from your old ID. And best wishes on the IUI.